WDW and Universal. Who wins?

Can Disney take more land to expand AK? I thought surrounding it was preserve land.

It is odd to me they want to expand MK, which is the biggest park they have. Maybe they feel it's the only way to stay relevant without closing all the beloved attractions that are almost museum pieces at this point.

If you're going to throw out the lamer aspects of UO then you'll have to take a look at IASW, Frozen, Peter Pan, all the shooter rides, Navi and a lot more legacy stuff in WDW.
The reason all that stuff is there is because enough people like it to keep it.
Disney is trying to screw the pooch on the horrid remakes of classic IP as well and Marvel is about at the end of it's service life for most people too.
The competition from each other is what causes the weaker attractions to get tweaked or canned.
I've watched the evolution of Orlando's parks from my first visit in '72 or 3 until now and there has never been a doubt that more is better and more is coming.

Ah yes, the never-ending question...like Apple vs Microsoft, Ford vs Chevy, Coke vs Pepsi.

I love both, but each has their own advantages and people's preferences are going to align with one or the other.

I've had great and terrible food at both. I prefer the proximity of the Universal parks and CityWalk. I also prefer the much easier planning in the past couple of years without needing park reservations, not needing to wait til 2PM to park-hop, but also........

Universal needs more attractions that aren't thrills. Disney has nearly a lock on slow-moving dark ride and theater experiences for people who want a break from the thrills. Universal hardly has any of those and the limited theater shows they've offered in the past often get closed (with the exceptions of Horror Make-up and Animal Actors).

20 years ago I was WAY more into the thrill rides that IOA offered but now that I'm older, I like slower paced experiences also.

I also LOVE Epcot, it's the park my father worked at when I was 4 years old in 1982 and even though the front half of the park has gone through tons of changes, it's still my favorite park to "hang out" in. I love the festivals and food and drinks and visiting World Showcase never gets old for me.

I also love Flight of Passage and Rise of the Resistance as individual attractions and the lands are relatively good (though Galaxy's Edge is definitely in need of something more IMO).

Overall, I will keep happily visiting both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter