WDW and Universal. Who wins?

Dis

Mouseketeer
Disney is not in a good place, Im not going into the reasons (there are many). Universal seems to be on a roll. So how long before Universal overtakes Disney in Orlando?

Define overtakes
I would use total attendance at the various parks. I know Disney does not give out attendance, but having been at the Disney parks over a dozen times this year and talking to CM's, attendance and hotel occupancy rates are down and still have not gone back to pre-covid. I am pro-Disney, but concerned with some of the decisions being made. Read "Storming the Magic Kingdom". It tells the story about how close Disney came to be broken up. It could still happen.

Disney is not in a good place, Im not going into the reasons (there are many). Universal seems to be on a roll. So how long before Universal overtakes Disney in Orlando?
Umm, Disney has some issues and hopefully they are working through them....

At this point Disney has 45,000 acres and Universal has I drive....

Have you ever walked down I drive at night......

Call me back in 15 to 20 years if Disney does NOTHING else right or wrong....

Now one bud light moment and all bets are off...

I go to both parks regularly and enjoy both. They each have their pros and cons so I can't say definitively that one is better than the other.

With that said, I'm looking forward to Epic Universe moreso than anything Disney is coming up with, including the proposed "blue sky" concepts.

If you go back through the 500+ pages of this thread board, you will see many over the years just like yours. All of them are still waiting. Yes, EU will probably help Universal and yes they are counting on that, but it still won't overtake Disney. Look on the bright side though. They both push each other to get better.

We purchased DVC with the idea of yearly trips. Most likely 4 out of 5 years will be Disney and 1 will be Universal

I would use total attendance at the various parks. I know Disney does not give out attendance, but having been at the Disney parks over a dozen times this year and talking to CM's, attendance and hotel occupancy rates are down
How are Universal attendance and occupancy rates since before covid?

This seems like a troll post. Give YOUR opinions on why, don't just throw something out there with no meat, and then sit back and not respond.

Disney is a vacation. Universal is a 2-day visit as part of a larger vacation.

There's not much to do at Universal - for OUR family. If it weren't for Harry Potter, we wouldn't have visited it last year. It doesn't have the same magic Disney has. Disney has fireworks, many more shows, a monorail, and more things for all ages. Universal is a park for 16-35 year olds. Not for young children or grandparents.

I love to see the competition. I'm sure the crowds will be lighter in DisneyWorld when Epic Universe opens. And it will be crazy busy there. I'll hold off and not visit Epic Universe for a few years until the crowds die down a bit.

I'm sure Epic Universe will close the gap with Disney a bit. That's a good thing. More competition will force Disney to up it's game more.

The one thing I'm concerned about with Epic Universe is transportation. I-4 is crazy busy. Commutes between the parks will take a long time. Will people decide to just stay at Epic Universe, and Universal Studios/Islands will be less busy?

Universal is a park for 16-35 year olds. Not for young children or grandparents.

I’m in this picture and I don’t like it. :rotfl:

But yes, as an adult who’s not going mainly for the rides, Disney and Universal are offering substantially different products.

I keep thinking back to a video I saw of a Universal ride where a creepy voice says “This isn’t Disney, we don’t have to be nice to you” and that pretty much sums up the difference in vibes for me lol.

I’m glad there’s enough of an overlap in audience that they’re in competition with each other, though. Hope we get more cool stuff like Galaxy’s Edge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter