Water at DLR question...

Iris1974

Dis Veteran
I was wondering how the water is at DLR. I have a filtered water bottle and my friend has to buy one if it's needed. Is the water drinkable with some water enhancer flavoring or do we need to bring a filtered water bottle? TIA. ☺️

Shauna :eeyore:

We had no complaints, and we drink bottled at home [5 gal dispenser/cooler]

We were glad that we brought an electrolyte enhancer drink mix… we like Liquid IV but there are many brands & flavors. We tend to mix it into 22-24 oz of water rather than 16-17.

It was good that we had it though, because temps the first week of October were basically the same as in Tucson AZ, and one day got even hotter. It wasn’t even cooling off much after dark. We barely did anything that hottest day. It was mostly a shopping day & the day I had our Disney100 tour scheduled for 1 in the afternoon. It was miserable

Here’s hoping you’ll have cooler days.

If you mean water you would get from restaurants or counter service places, it is generally fine as it is filtered. If you mean the Anaheim tap water, it can vary, but it can be not very good. It seems to vary a little by area, but generally I avoid it. The first time I was in the area, the tap water had this smell to it, though on my recent trip it seemed okay.

I’m from BC so I find the tap water in Anaheim undrinkable, even the filtered water from the water fountains and bottle fill stations. The water you get from CS locations that comes from the Coke machines is fine to me but for the most part we buy flats of bottled water to drink and to use to make coffee at the hotel.

As always though, ymmv.

We drink water at the restaurants and also fill our bottles at fill stations around the park. I've never had a problem with the water. At home we always use filtered water and I don't see much of a difference between that and the DL water.

The water taste like water...i drink the tap water there all the time have never once noticed anything that was negativ.

...and I do notice, for example I am not a fan of Dasani or Aquafina...those I can taste.

I find it drinkable but could be better. I don't generally bother flavoring it. It is better than the water at WDW, IMO.

Drinkable. My wife is a snob when it comes to water taste and she thinks its fine! We prefer getting it at a quick service location. Any place that serves fountain drinks has to provide you free water, and it comes with ice too! We just usually pour it into our Stanley.

Edit: Another thumbs up for Liquid IV (as mentioned above). We love that stuff and it really helps at Disney.

Drinkable. My wife is a snob when it comes to water taste and she thinks its fine! We prefer getting it at a quick service location. Any place that serves fountain drinks has to provide you free water, and it comes with ice too! We just usually pour it into our Stanley.

Edit: Another thumbs up for Liquid IV (as mentioned above). We love that stuff and it really helps at Disney.

I always see this mentioned about quick service places and have found it to be true in the past. However our last trip (10/7-10/10) we didn't find it to be the case. We were given water in a few places that we asked, and a few others we were told they couldn't give water but offered a cup of ice and pointed out where there was a water fountain (not even a water bottle filling station). I found it very odd, especially because we had ordered food too. We have never had that issue in the past, even when not ordering food.

Thank you all for the info. I will bring my regular stainless steel insulated water bottle and some of my favorite Arctic Grape MIO Sport. I'll let my friend know to bring a regular water bottle. When I was growing up here in a suburb of Boston in the 80's I would drink out of the garden hose in the summer. Kids in my neighborhood never went inside to get a drink we just used the hose. I'm not that picky about water we get Poland Springs and I like having my MIO Sport in it. I only drink plain water when I'm really thirsty or at a restaurant. I'm fine with Aquafina and Dasani. I just like having a little grape flavor to it.

@irlandaise That was so funny. That thing is nasty looking. I think the water is still good though. 🤣 Thanks for that video. It made me laugh and yesterday was a very hard day. It was the 1st Anniversary of my mom's death. So having a good laugh helped. ☺️

I love Disboards. Everyone is always so helpful. Thank you again for all the help. 👍

@irlandaise That was so funny. That thing is nasty looking. I think the water is still good though. 🤣 Thanks for that video. It made me laugh and yesterday was a very hard day. It was the 1st Anniversary of my mom's death. So having a good laugh helped. ☺️

I love Disboards. Everyone is always so helpful. Thank you again for all the help. 👍

Shauna, the first anniversary of your mom's death would indeed be a difficult time. I'm glad that Batuu humor gave you a smile.

BTW, the sign below the fountain says, "Warning: This water is not safe to consume for most lifeforms. Please drink with caution." However, I had some and I was fine. :-) I think you will be safe using any drinking fountain or refill station at Disneyland!

It looks like you got plenty of answers, but I drink plenty of Disney water and have never had an issue with it! I always bring an insulated bottle and fill up before I leave in the morning, then refill accordingly throughout my Disney day. The best places to go are Pym's Test Kitchen, Boardwalk Pizza, Alien Pizza Planet and Plaza Inn because you can get both ice & water without having to go to a counter to ask for it. But, the filling stations in the park work just fine too.

I accept that when I'm in the parks I'm going to have to pay a premium price for sodas, slushie drinks, alcoholic beverages, coffees, etc. But the one thing I absolutely refuse to pay a premium for is bottled water. Not when it's abundant and tastes just fine for free.

We were there in September and were always given water when we asked for it from the quick service. Even if we didn't get food. Most of them have water cups ready to go. That was ample and fine for us.

We were there in September and were always given water when we asked for it from the quick service. Even if we didn't get food. Most of them have water cups ready to go. That was ample and fine for us.
That is how it always was for us before this recent trip. Its been a year for me but my sister was there last week of August/first of September and had no issues then. We did get water at some quick service, Flos comes to mind and were able to fill up at Pyms. Bengal BBQ and the Samosa place by Lion King show were two places that for sure didn't get us water, only ice. There was at least one other location. The place by the lion king the CM started to then, who I am assuming is her lead cut her off and said only ice. I am pretty sure we got cups of water at Tiana's with our order, but I can't recall for sure.

We were fine, we didn't go thirsty but I dislike filling my bottle with a regular water fountain, but don't mind the bottle fillers. We used the cup they gave us with the ice, which was a small cup, but they offered multiple cups of ice. We just filled up halfway until we came across a bottle-filling station or a place that gave us water.

I do hope if the water thing becomes a permanent/more widespread thing they will increase the number of bottle fillers in the park.

I personally find the tap water undrinkable. We have super good water where I'm from though. Even here I drink it filtered. We buy water when we get there and fill up our bottles with that. My favorite water in the park is at the beverage cart in DCA across from Soarin'. No clue why it tastes better to me but it does.

All that being said I am extremely picky about water and can pick up any abnormal flavor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter