"Was feeding my baby.." Fast Pass Drama at MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW...anything bought onDisney property can be returned pretty much anywhere. Say you bought several items at World of Disney...you can return them at Pop or even the Emporium. No need to run around. :thumbsup2

FWIW...anything bought onDisney property can be returned pretty much anywhere. Say you bought several items at World of Disney...you can return them at Pop or even the Emporium. No need to run around. :thumbsup2

I'll bet the OP wishes they knew that in advance, bummer. ;)

I think it's great they got to use their FastPasses. It's not like they tried to get on the ride 6 hour later. My guess is that they were polite and the CM was understanding.

I think it's fine they allow some people through now and then. In fact, I wouldn't have a problem if they went back to the old system of letting people use them anytime before closing.

If a CM decides to let someone through, I think it would be out of line to say something to the CM too, imo.

I think it's nice that they made an exception for the mom. Sure, some babies nurse and nap on the go, but others don't. Many need an extremely quiet and private place to do both. Depends a lot on the temperment of the baby.

If I had taken my little guy to WDW at 3-5 months, my day would've gone something like this: Nurse in the babycare center for 45 minutes, followed by no more than 30 minutes of "happy baby time", 15-45 minutes of "trying to coerce fussy baby to relax and go to sleep in the stroller", and then 45 minutes of blissful nap time. Rinse, repeat; rinse repeat. (If using a baby carrier, the last two activities would've been scratched for: "carry fussy, overstimulated baby around until he gets hungry again.)

Doesn't leave a lot of time for riding Space Mountain. Or anything.

I hope they make lots of exceptions for people. Strict FastPass enforcement stinks.

I don't understand why you're getting upset over it...

I think it's great that the rules are bent sometimes to make someone's day a bit brighter.

And assuming the mother was breastfeeding, I can see it taking a long time. It usually takes much longer for a baby to breastfeed than to suck milk out of a bottle. Also, maybe the mom breastfed and also did a bit of pumping afterwards to bottle up as backup milk.

Or maybe there were lying and just using feeding the baby as an excuse, either way I don't see why you would get upset, especially after wanting to use your fastpass later than the stated time.

Seems to be another one of those I didn't get this so noone else should complaints that leads to Disney not doing anything special for anyone no matter how insignificant it is.

Not that it's a bad thing to get dusted, but could'nt the family have made their FP window WHILE the baby was feeding? I'm sure that said infant could not make the height requirement for Space Mountain.

Not that it's a bad thing to get dusted, but could'nt the family have made their FP window WHILE the baby was feeding? I'm sure that said infant could not make the height requirement for Space Mountain.

The mum probably really wanted to ride, and the rest of the family felt it wouldn't be fair to ride without her.

So, mum feeds baby, passes baby to non-rider, and the whole family runs over to ask hopefully if they can still use their FPs.

One of the things that always annoyed me as a nursing mother was this idea that I should be perfectly okay with missing out on everything, because... I don't know, motherhood makes me naturally self-sacrificing, or something. "Oh, you guys go have fun! I'll just sit here and nurse the baby. Don't mind me!" It gets real old, real fast. :headache:

(Of course it would be wrong to demand they all wait for me, but if they insist, well... ;))

If I were the OP i would have been upset if the family in front got in an hour late, but discussing it with the CM made me late and they wouldn't let me on, but so what if people in front of me got let on late if I still got on?

This is a weak point. Can't mom go on the ride too? Moms put up with enough crap from time to time, maybe she wanted to ride with the family.

I think it's safe to assume that someone was babysitting bubs. :goodvibes

If she had shown up with the baby during the fastpass window, her family could've used the fastpasses AND acquired a babyswap pass (which would've allowed her to ride anytime that day). Some of WDW's rules are pretty convoluted. I think it's fine that they let her through.

It looks like the OP has nothing better to do then try to start trouble and stir people up. I looked at her post about the fastpass in March. She got a little pixie dust herself after her father complained. Of the 4 fastpass rides at HS she got hers honored at 2 of them.

On Friday we had quite the day, we had to check out of our hotel due to having the check-out date wrong and then my dad had to return merchandise at various parks and so he didn't get back together with my mom and I until after 1:00. As tradition we always ride Space Mountain first, I got fast passes for my dad and I to ride when he met up. Well I barely made it back in time to ride it once, let alone both times.

I showed the guy at the check-in I had 2 passes and it was getting close with the time and he said that he would honor it if I didn't get back in before the time as long as it was 5 minutes or so after. I was very lucky, I got back at 12:28 and he looked at it at 12:29 and the pass expired at 12:30.

But standing there there was a family in front of me who had passes that expired an hour before and I am standing there watching the time change like OMG I am not going to get through cause they didn't follow the rules. I heard the lady say "I had to feed my baby." I am standing there like it took you an hour to feed/nurse your child? That was their excuse for not making it back in time. The guy let them go through!

I wanted to say something because this happened to us in March, we didn't know the fast policy changed and we had many passes that had expired and were not honored. I just blew it off and showed my about to expire pass and walked in.

But aren't they not suppose to honor them that late unless like the supervisor/manager okays it? We were lucky that the manager/supervisor got us the VIP treatment on 2/3 rides we missed out on, but my jaw hit the ground when he let them in.

My feelings were not hurt, but I didn't understand why they were let in and why we were told we couldn't use our own back in March. But I guess to each their own, each situation is different.
You've answered your own question. Yes ... they are supposed to deny the ride if you show up late. But, as you said, each situation is different.

Not only is each situation different, the day is different, the crowds are different, the CM at the FP line is different ... there are all sorts of variables that will change how something is played out. The more you try to figure out "why in this case, why not in that one", the farther you will be from an answer.

If you thought the CM did something wrong by admitting the family to the ride, then you can certainly write to Disney and complain. If you're mad at the family for trying to get on late, you can confront the family or criticize the CM. But it's far better, IMO, to stop dwelling on something that really didn't affect your trip at all.

The current FP policy is that you return within the stated window. If you have a legitimate reason why you didn't make it back, you can plead your case to the CM and they may or may not allow you to use your FP late.

That's the best anyone can do in explaining the current system.

:earsboy:

Obviously incurring the wrath of mothers, I agree, maybe mom wanted to ride with the family, maybe family wanted to ride with mom. I have been there, great that they were allowed on, I applaud the CM's judgement. However, If baby has to eat, feed it.If the family is all about togetherness, they can wait.So you missed your FP window, get another, go standby, ride something else, enjoy the time, Disney is agreat place to be for families and guest service is second to none, quite honestly it's why I go. Again, not in this case because it turned out great, but for the family missing the window and holding up others while they try to press their point and take advantage of the system, ask, if you get turned away, you are in Disney, enjoy it.

So.... you were happy that a manager/supervisor let YOU in with VIP treatment, but when a CM let someone else in with an exception your jaw hits the ground?

Aren't others allowed to get pixie dust, too?

Very cool for that other family and very nice of the CM to make an exception for them.

Not really sure why you are upset, to be honest,
Dreams

This was my thought as well. The OP got some ride magic last spring...someone else got some this year...big deal. I have to wonder if there were others that were miffed when the OP got her magic in March??

Of course, moms pretty much can tell how long their baby is going to take to eat. Kids are usually pretty regular..at least mine were. So, if the baby normally took an hour to eat, then perhaps they should have used the FP before feeding the baby. But, that's not the issue here.

This was my thought as well. The OP got some ride magic last spring...someone else got some this year...big deal. I have to wonder if there were others that were miffed when the OP got her magic in March??

Of course, moms pretty much can tell how long their baby is going to take to eat. Kids are usually pretty regular..at least mine were. So, if the baby normally took an hour to eat, then perhaps they should have used the FP before feeding the baby. But, that's not the issue here.

Actually, OP didn't receive any magic last Spring, I beleive that's OP's primary issue.

I'm pretty sure that my baby ate the -entire- time we were at WDW. Between the September heat and the overstimulation of MK... yeah, she just never let go. On that trip I was mostly limited to rides that let you carry a baby latched on and in a sling.

I'm in favor of "ask nicely if you missed your window for what seems like a justifiable reason". It might work, it might not, and it's not going to "hold people up" in any significant way. Then again, I'm willing to ask people working FP return questions about the rides, about where the nearest bathroom/bottled water/etc is. I try not to ask what time the 3:00 parade is, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter