"Was feeding my baby.." Fast Pass Drama at MK

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoCortWort

A Buckeye Disney Princess
On Friday we had quite the day, we had to check out of our hotel due to having the check-out date wrong and then my dad had to return merchandise at various parks and so he didn't get back together with my mom and I until after 1:00. As tradition we always ride Space Mountain first, I got fast passes for my dad and I to ride when he met up. Well I barely made it back in time to ride it once, let alone both times.

I showed the guy at the check-in I had 2 passes and it was getting close with the time and he said that he would honor it if I didn't get back in before the time as long as it was 5 minutes or so after. I was very lucky, I got back at 12:28 and he looked at it at 12:29 and the pass expired at 12:30.

But standing there there was a family in front of me who had passes that expired an hour before and I am standing there watching the time change like OMG I am not going to get through cause they didn't follow the rules. I heard the lady say "I had to feed my baby." I am standing there like it took you an hour to feed/nurse your child? That was their excuse for not making it back in time. The guy let them go through!

I wanted to say something because this happened to us in March, we didn't know the fast policy changed and we had many passes that had expired and were not honored. I just blew it off and showed my about to expire pass and walked in.

But aren't they not suppose to honor them that late unless like the supervisor/manager okays it? We were lucky that the manager/supervisor got us the VIP treatment on 2/3 rides we missed out on, but my jaw hit the ground when he let them in.

I have an almost three month old who often takes an hour or more to eat. Some babies can be slowpokes. In any event, I assume the CMs have some discretion on fast passes. Regardless of the reason, I wouldn't be concerned about another family getting to ride after their return time. I imagine they figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Glad to hear you were also able to make it on!

Sounds like they got a little bit of pixie dust from that cast member. I think it's great.

Oh I felt for these people, but honestly the other family members could've made it back in time and the mom could've missed out and gotten another pass. But it just made me think back to March when we were screwed but got that little bit of luck thanks to the supervisor/manager.

Personally, I don't think it's worth getting upset over....the CM did a nice thing...no harm was done. Sometimes kids get you off track....

Rules of this caliber have flexiblity. I'm not saying always, but occasionally things will be allowed. Like arriving late for an ADR, being allowed to be the last person at a meet and greet- after the line was already closed off, ect. CM's are allowed discretion for a reason, and work within those guidelines, when they see fit. Not always, but sometimes, based on circumstances.

In this case, the CM allowed the family in, and frankly it didn't really hurt anything, .....except your feelings. Congrats for not confronting the CM and leaving it be.

On Friday we had quite the day, we had to check out of our hotel due to having the check-out date wrong and then my dad had to return merchandise at various parks and so he didn't get back together with my mom and I until after 1:00. As tradition we always ride Space Mountain first, I got fast passes for my dad and I to ride when he met up. Well I barely made it back in time to ride it once, let alone both times.

I showed the guy at the check-in I had 2 passes and it was getting close with the time and he said that he would honor it if I didn't get back in before the time as long as it was 5 minutes or so after. I was very lucky, I got back at 12:28 and he looked at it at 12:29 and the pass expired at 12:30.

But standing there there was a family in front of me who had passes that expired an hour before and I am standing there watching the time change like OMG I am not going to get through cause they didn't follow the rules. I heard the lady say "I had to feed my baby." I am standing there like it took you an hour to feed/nurse your child? That was their excuse for not making it back in time. The guy let them go through!

I wanted to say something because this happened to us in March, we didn't know the fast policy changed and we had many passes that had expired and were not honored. I just blew it off and showed my about to expire pass and walked in.

But aren't they not suppose to honor them that late unless like the supervisor/manager okays it? We were lucky that the manager/supervisor got us the VIP treatment on 2/3 rides we missed out on, but my jaw hit the ground when he let them in.

Oh I felt for these people, but honestly the other family members could've made it back in time and the mom could've missed out and gotten another pass. But it just made me think back to March when we were screwed but got that little bit of luck thanks to the supervisor/manager.

I'm not sure why you were upset about the family ahead of you getting some pixie dust when you also were pixie dusted in March. Out of the two situations, I have a lot more understanding of the family that was late because they had to feed their infant than you just not paying attention to the policy change. When they started enforcing the FP return times, there were signs placed on the FP machines, the wording on the FPs were changed, and they had CMs at the FP machines informing people of the change in policy.

And yes, it could take an hour or close to it to feed an infant.

So let me get this straight... you wanted to use your fastpasses past the time, and were upset that someone else was allowed to use their fastpasses past the time?

Don't get me wrong, I HATE that they are enforcing the return times now. However it didn't take me long in the parks to figure out there are a few key phrases you can say to extend your fastpass window.

I just really miss the old way, though. Fastpass lines honestly seemed longer, but then everyone is saying this has been a very busy October, so maybe that was it. At any rate, my unused fastpass collection was bigger this past trip than ever before. I used to do the park in routes, but with fastpass windows so narrow it really hampered the way I tour, as I expected it to. Trying to get from the very back of the World Showcase all the way to Soarin' in time for a fastpass window, only to be interrupted by a thunderstorm, was quite an unpleasant experience.

My feelings were not hurt, but I didn't understand why they were let in and why we were told we couldn't use our own back in March. But I guess to each their own, each situation is different.

Just an hour? :lmao:

My son could latch on and refuse to let go for an entire evening. I'd be sure there wasn't a drop of milk left in me, and he'd still be at it. If we'd gone to Disney when he was an infant, there's a good chance you'd have seen me standing in line with my son stuffed up under my t-shirt. I got really good at the whole nursing-while-walking trick.

I think it's wonderful the CM gave them a break! It didn't hurt you in any way, and I'm sure they fully intended to try and make it back in time. But when the baby's got to eat, he's got to eat.

You got to witness a random act of kindness. Count yourself fortunate!

My feelings were not hurt, but I didn't understand why they were let in and why we were told we couldn't use our own back in March. But I guess to each their own, each situation is different.

Different CMs. Shifting policies. Maybe you weren't as sympathetic a case. Or, as I tell the kids: C'est la vie, and life ain't fair. Don't begrudge others their good fortune, just because you weren't lucky once.

Sorry OP I don't see the issue.... you got to use your FP and ride the ride... :confused3 There's far more important things to worry/get mad about in life than a family getting a little pixie dust.

So let me get this straight... you wanted to use your fastpasses past the time, and were upset that someone else was allowed to use their fastpasses past the time?

Don't get me wrong, I HATE that they are enforcing the return times now. However it didn't take me long in the parks to figure out there are a few key phrases you can say to extend your fastpass window.

I just really miss the old way, though. Fastpass lines honestly seemed longer, but then everyone is saying this has been a very busy October, so maybe that was it.

No I got in at 12:29 and mine expired at 12:30 so I was good. I looked at the clock above as I walked in and it was 12:29. He told me that he would honor it 5 minutes after the time listed, but said I would be back in time. So even with the delay of that family I got in probably with seconds to spare.

I miss the old way for sure and think it's stupid you have to be back in that time, but understand why they enforce it now.

Sorry OP I don't see the issue.... you got to use your FP and ride the ride... :confused3

The issue was they honored the fast pass after the time listed. (and it was an hour past) I guess I am ranting because it happened to me in March and mine were not honored. When they enforce this new rule. As I said I didn't rant or say anything to the cast member because I remember how I felt 6 months before when we were turned away from the fast pass line.

My thoughts exactly... 5 minutes late, 1 hour late... they're both technically late.

I am standing there like it took you an hour to feed/nurse your child?

Oh yes, definitely. Some kids are speedy, but not all, that's for sure!

Just an hour? :lmao:

My son could latch on and refuse to let go for an entire evening. I'd be sure there wasn't a drop of milk left in me, and he'd still be at it.

:rotfl2: Same here, though that's how I discovered that I'd let down many times in one nursing session if he and I were patient enough. You wouldn't believe how many times I read and reread the Harry Potter books out by 2004 in those days. If only the Kindle had existed then; my hand would have been happier than it was while holding those huge books up in just one hand!

OP, Just out of curiosity, regarding the family that was late. How did they approach the CM? Were they polite or rude about it?

Personally, if I were a CM and you got rude with me, my "discretion" would be no, not now, not ever, you're late, have a nice day.

Can I just chime in and say that OP most of your post have been complaints about silly things. What's the deal with that?:confused3

...We were lucky that the manager/supervisor got us the VIP treatment on 2/3 rides we missed out on, but my jaw hit the ground when he let them in.

So.... you were happy that a manager/supervisor let YOU in with VIP treatment, but when a CM let someone else in with an exception your jaw hits the ground?

Aren't others allowed to get pixie dust, too?

Very cool for that other family and very nice of the CM to make an exception for them.

Not really sure why you are upset, to be honest,
Dreams

As with a lot of things at WDW, FP return times are really up to the CM's discretion. Depending on the situation we are allowed to make exceptions to the rules of fast passes, but it really depends on the attraction, standby time, etc. Right now the official unofficial policy is to still let late ones in depending on the circumstances. Its still considered to be in an educational aspect of time enforcement so its basically, we'll let you through but for future reference please return within the time stated. Now if you show up at 9pm with a fast pass that expired at 10 am you probably aren't getting let through no matter how much you try. But that will change, as we draw closer to a year of the new FP rules and when FP+ comes out, the exceptions will become a lot tighter and you will more than likely be turned away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter