Was Disney gonna develop a merchandise line for boys in the 2000's

So only the ones that agree with your viewpoint, am I doing that right? Never trust one that presents any information contrary to what you already believe. Ok, I got it!

No, but again, read the article. They writer is just railing on about how he wants the movie to fail. That's a red flag right there. It's one thing to read a well-reasoned editorial about the mertis of a movie, it's message, and one's personal opinion of it, but that's not what that article is and it's not what that website does.

I would want the Robin Hood ones rereleased. The dolls that come with a background set are going for over $200 on ebay 😭
Will forever be sad I was a poor student when all the good doll sets came out tbh. My holy grail is the Ariel/Eric one and it's sooo expensive. 😭

No, but again, read the article. They writer is just railing on about how he wants the movie to fail. That's a red flag right there. It's one thing to read a well-reasoned editorial about the mertis of a movie, it's message, and one's personal opinion of it, but that's not what that article is and it's not what that website does.
That site is all about grievances with the direction of current franchises. It has bias and that's its entire point of existing. It knows the audience it is catering to. Another in a long list of websites and YouTube streamers who are trading outrage for clicks. "You should be angry with what's happening in ______".

Will forever be sad I was a poor student when all the good doll sets came out tbh. My holy grail is the Ariel/Eric one and it's sooo expensive. 😭
With the recent resurgence of doll collecting thanks to the Barbie movie, they'll get more expensive probably. My friend collects Monster High dolls and those prices are WOWZA!

Disney should rerelease them. Us Disney adults would eat up getting dolls and sets of some of the more obscure characters.

With the recent resurgence of doll collecting thanks to the Barbie movie, they'll get more expensive probably. My friend collects Monster High dolls and those prices are WOWZA!

Disney should rerelease them. Us Disney adults would eat up getting dolls and sets of some of the more obscure characters.
I hadn't even thought about that. Maybe in 40 years I can get it as a retirement gift :rotfl:

Not to get in the way of a good pizzin contest you all have going on but as a child of the 80's, Star Wars was mostly boys. Boys played with Star Wars and G I Joe and blowing up green army men with fire crackers. Girls played with Barie, My Little Pony and Care Bears etc. Traditionally speaking of course. I'm old and things have changed.

Not to get in the way of a good pizzin contest you all have going on but as a child of the 80's, Star Wars was mostly boys. Boys played with Star Wars and G I Joe and blowing up green army men with fire crackers. Girls played with Barie, My Little Pony and Care Bears etc. Traditionally speaking of course. I'm old and things have changed.

I would agree that Star Wars toys mostly appealed to boys, but the movie itself was generally liked by both boys and girls. My sister absolutely loved watching Voltron, but only I had any toys from it. I think the issue here is that some are defining "fan" as people who live and breathe the franchise every minute. One can be a fan and just enjoy the movies/shows. In that sense, Star Wars has always had a ton of crossover appeal.

I would agree that Star Wars toys mostly appealed to boys, but the movie itself was generally liked by both boys and girls. My sister absolutely loved watching Voltron, but only I had any toys from it. I think the issue here is that some are defining "fan" as people who live and breathe the franchise every minute. One can be a fan and just enjoy the movies/shows. In that sense, Star Wars has always had a ton of crossover appeal.
I would disagree as I think fans would lean mostly male as well but we have no way of knowing so it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
Even if we took a survey you would neve accept an answer that is not "star wars is a boys thing". So why bother?
Even if we took a survey that said indeed Star Wars is a boys thing, you would never accept it. So why bother?

No amount of data would ever convince you that your opinion is not correct about this topic. That’s a big issue with society today, no one is interested in The Truth. All most people are looking for today is evidence to support “their truth”. Both sides are often guilty of this.

Even if we took a survey that said indeed Star Wars is a boys thing, you would never accept it. So why bother?

No amount of data would ever convince you that your opinion is not correct about this topic. That’s a big issue with society today, no one is interested in The Truth. All most people are looking for today is evidence to support “their truth”. Both sides are often guilty of this.

But you're only interested in your truth too. We've provided plenty of examples of how girls are into Star Wars, even back in the day. You simply don't believe it. I've already agreed that Star Wars leans slightly toward males, but not heavily - certianly not as heavily as other sci-fi/action franchises traditionally have. Star Wars is one of the most widely popular movies out there - it literally appeals to and has acceptance from every quarter. Sure, many of those people are more casual fans, but they are still fans.

That being said, Star Wars hasn't changed at all. They haven't targeted an exclusively female audience. They haven't made movies that males can't like - not that they owe anything to anybody anyway. As a male fan, I am perfectly fine with recent projects and don't see anything in them that should be taken as a slight to my gender.

Ouch, must have bitten your tongue. Don't project your feelings on me. Go ahead, make a survey, prove me wrong.

Which is why if you actually read what said, I told you both sides are guilty of confirmation bias. You instead are busy typing attempting to win the argument, instead of fully reading what I typed. You are just as guilty, if not more guilty of not accepting anyone’s views as potentially correct.

I seek info from all different sources on both sides of a debate. I read stuff I don’t agree with all the time to determine if I might be missing something. If I am looking at a topic in news I will read MSNBC, CNN, Fox, and BBC. The truth is normally somewhere in the middle of all of those viewpoints. They all have bias in their presentation of info.

For example if you read this board and most of you on here, you would think Star Wars is a thriving brand and all content being made is making billions of dollars. In reality Star Wars is a somewhat damaged brand trying to find its way after a series of releases that left many fans losing interest. A once collosal toy / merch empire is in shambles compared with years past. George made more on merch / toys than he ever did on movies. Star Wars toy offerings at Walmart today are often less than one 8 ft bay.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter