(Warning) I feel like a happy puppy wagging his tail about to pee on the floor...lol!

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
O.K....so I didn't pee on the floor...lol.

But I feel like that excited puppy wagging his tell for joy...lol.

Most of you know that I use a WebTV(and I'm using it now).

Well, I bought a used laptop computer from a friend at work.

I think that I made the right decision. Everyone told me to spend more money and get more in a desktop, but I think four gigabytes is enough for me now...lol.

I had a friend check the windows 98 program and he got rid of all the programs that I wouldn't need to free up space.

I do have solatare and freecell card games...lol. It doesn't take much to get me excited.

Tomorrow,...well maybe after my work stretch, I'll go get a surge protector, and a very long telephone cord.

I'll be using MSN as a providor, and they said that I could still use my WebTV for browsing while watching TV.

I am so excited.

I'm going to send off for that Video Professor CD on Windows 98 to learn all that Window stuff.

I hope with this, I can come to DIS chat, and listen to your music sometimes on your posts, and see video pictures. And maybe learn how to do all the neat stuff y'all do with photos and animation thingies

But first I have to find the on button..lol.

Oh...it's a Compaq Presario 1685 laptop computer. No manual though. Don't you think that it's worth $350.00?

It'll probably take me a month to figure all this out.

Oh...I also have a computer for dummies book..lol.

So my adventure begins.

I start my work week tomorrow, so I'll probably won't get on line with it until next Tuesday at the earliest.

Yes sir ree...I'm like a little puppy wagging his tail so fast that he's about to pee on the floor...lol. (j/k...I'm potty trained...except for leaving the seat down...j/k.)

Ray :)

That's so great, Ray! I hope you can join us in chat very soon :)

I sure hope so, Katholyn. Do you know anyone that uses MSN and goes to chat?

Ray :)

That is great, if you need any help setting anything up please let me know. I would be glad to give you a call and talk you through it.

::scratching Ray behind the ears:: *wink*
Excellent Ray!!
I am happy for you.
See you very soon!
Corinne

Thank you guys. I just might take you up on that Patrick.

I found the on button...lol. It's not on the side or back, but above the "F-10" key button. And it doesn't say "on"...lol.

My best friend, Mark, another respiratory therapist showed me how to turn it off properly by goingunder the "start" button, but he didn't show me how to turn it on...lol.

He also put "solataire" and "freecell" card games on the main screen for me.

I'm playing solataire on the laptop, watching TV, and online with you on the WebTV....lol.

I'm going to read the Windows98 tutorial now.

It is talking to me...lol.

I feel so stupid...lol.

As our favorite ---Mr. Ray would say "COOL BEANS". You will love the new computer!!!!!. We have a friend that used the web TV for a couple of years. He like you got a good deal on a laptop compaq ----He says it was one of the better moves he's made in his lifetime---he's 78.

Will the new computer be the one you bring to Dis-con?

Congradulations and happy surfing with the new toy.

PattyN

Congratulations Ray!! That sounds great and, Trust Me, if I can use this silly thing, so can you!! Mind you, I said USE not fully understand but, USE! ;) :)

Lots of helpful techie people here to help, trust me on that, too!! :teeth:

Enjoy!!:Pinkbounc

Oooo Ray I fear you're gonna be a techy before you know it.

Great news....glad you didn't pee on the floor ;)

That's great, Ray!

One word of advice - don't leave it on the floor - ESPECIALLY when you are excited!!! ;) :p :p :p ;)

Great news my friend. Welcome to the computer age. :)

Will you be able to hook your digital camera up to your laptop to download and store images???

Great news, Ray! Congratulations!! Bring it to DIS CON, lots of us there to lend you a hand, and by the time you go home you'll be a pro!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

**starts saving newspapers for the floor** ;)

This is awesome Ray! :) And I'd like to recommend Patrick's services....he is very good at PHONE Tech Support. ;) :)

Congratulations, Ray! I think you will love it! I myself am a bit like Kim, an intuitive user (gee, that sounds smart!). It is just like my telephone or VCR -- I can't use all those tiny little commands, but I live happily with what I do.

Ray, congratulations on your new toy!!

A local news station did a consumer alert on Video Professor just the other day. Be VERY careful what you sign up for. Apparently it is very difficult, or next to impossible, to get them to stop sending you tutorial disks after your first free one. The other disks are very expensive, and keep building up on your credit card.

Just didn't want you to be "taken" by an unscrupulous company, my friend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter