Want to "trade up" to a TT but not sure what a 3/4 ton tow vehicle means

Congrats Rog, I love my F150, I'm sure you will love yours. I am on my third one. And honestly if you are only going to haul a pop-up you may not need a different wiring harness. The pop-up I had just had the 4 pin. And that looks just like my transmission cooler so I would say that is what it is. You should be able to carry your cart, passengers, and a pup no problem. Shoot, when we had our pup, we towed it with our Pontiac Aztek a few times, and it has 3.4 v6 and a 3500# tow rating.

That price sticker was a lot smaller than I expected. Every time DH and I went TV-hunting, the first digit was between 3 and 5 and if the first digit was a 3, the second digit was between 5 and 9. :scared1: Your sticker price is much less than that!

Good news musicmama.....I didnt pay anywhere near what that sticker says!!! My total, with tax, title and plate was just over $19k!!! They are cutting some unbelievable deals right now.

100_5890.jpg

100_5892.jpg

Beautiful truck Rog!!!

Oh, FYI Musicmama, an F-150 like Rog bought is a 1/2 ton, you are looking at 3/4 ton trucks, which is an F-250, (or whatever number on the other brand trucks) that's probably why you are seeing higher sticker prices, but you shouldn't be paying sticker price at any rate!!!

Nice truck Rog.:thumbsup2 Now you just need to put green flames on it so it will look like your cart.

Hey Roger, don't feel bad. It's not hijacking if there's info that will help me out too! As I said awhile ago, I wasn't even thinking about the hitch - but given the nature of the recent posts, that needs to be an important part of the list too.

I need to go back and find out what kind of new truck and what you're towing. That price sticker was a lot smaller than I expected. Every time DH and I went TV-hunting, the first digit was between 3 and 5 and if the first digit was a 3, the second digit was between 5 and 9. :scared1: Your sticker price is much less than that!

My friend just bought a 2008 dodge 1 ton dually diesel crew cab 4x4 for $32,000

Nice ride, Rog. Here's to many happy trips to the Fort in that. Where's the first camping trip?

My friend just bought a 2008 dodge 1 ton dually diesel crew cab 4x4 for $32,000

I knew I should have waited! Story of my life. Oh well, this truck will do fine for camping with the trailer we have, and I'll be able to afford more trips.

Hot truck Rog. Enjoy it until you get the payment book.

You are right about the deals you can get on trucks now, Rog. When I bought my F150 in 2005, Ford had their deal going where you got the employee discount like they have going on now. It was the easy deal I ever made - the salesman kept knocking off stuff - cheap financing, employee pricing, discount for the military, discount for having my own business, and finally, and this was the best part, I got a FREE Weber gas grill!!!!

I have the super cab, too. I like it and the bed is 6 inches longer than the crew cab. You might think about taking down that tree before it falls on that new truck!

When I bought my diesel in 05 I would have had to turn it down (I ordered it exactly the way I wanted) if it hadnt been for the 0 % financing.

I've heard this from a few folks about wanting to have the bed of the truck for storage, including folks who would want to come over and check out the rental Dodge diesel we used in Yellowstone. Funny, nobody wants to come over and check out the Tundra! (Anyone who's spent time on the RV.net boards knows how sensitive a subject that can be). Back to the subject of having the truck bed for storage, I like the idea of keeping things like Coleman fuel and firewood away from the trailer. Also - nice to have the tool box for things like a heavy duty jack, tools, and spare parts you might need along the road.

If I had a little more "disposable income", I probably would have chosen a diesel tow vehicle, and was seriously considering the Dodge Cummins. The 2006 that we rented was getting over 22 mpg travelling around Yellowstone when not towing the trailer, and was getting 14 mpg towing the trailer through the mountains. I kept running the numbers day in and day out and it was a close call on the extra $$ for the diesel vs. the fuel cost at the time. My parents have owned a fair amount of Ford diesels, and they have averaged around 16 to 18 mpg daily driving, and also get 14 towing large loads. They are thinking about the new Ford diesel, but we've heard horror stories on low fuel economy.

I'm not sure where you are from, but it might have been the higher altitude that was giving you the great mileage on that rental. My parents took their F-150 5.4 Triton (gas) and small 5th wheel cross country. They got incredible mileage bothing towing and empty once they got in the higher elevations. They get back here to the Southeast and the mileage goes back to crap.

I'm not sure where you are from, but it might have been the higher altitude that was giving you the great mileage on that rental. My parents took their F-150 5.4 Triton (gas) and small 5th wheel cross country. They got incredible mileage bothing towing and empty once they got in the higher elevations. They get back here to the Southeast and the mileage goes back to crap.

I kinda thought it was the other way around... at sea level vehicles get better mileage? Or am I thinking of older vehicles that need to have their carberators adjusted for different elevations?

Or am I just remembering old "myths"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter