Walt's Warriors (Team 7) Miles and Hours

Stacie- Just in case you can't find that pedometer, I have another solution... you could pick up one of us with a Garmin to officially track you at Disney! It just so happens I'm about an hour from I-95 and I have a Garmin...;)

I took Emma on a mother-daughter trip once when she was about 3. In one day, we went from MK to Epcot to MGM. I looked down at my pedometer before we made it to MGM and we'd gone over 13 miles! You'd be surprised how fast the miles add up! I'm a little better about not having to do and see everything in one day now...:rolleyes1

Jen in GA

OK, I *think* there's a link in teh first post of this thread to the bio on teh main bio thread, if that was available. Let em knwo if I missed someone or let me know when you post a bio and I will add it.

ROTFL! It's good to see team mates offering to help each other out alraedy! :rotfl:

Stacie- Just in case you can't find that pedometer, I have another solution... you could pick up one of us with a Garmin to officially track you at Disney! It just so happens I'm about an hour from I-95 and I have a Garmin...;)

I took Emma on a mother-daughter trip once when she was about 3. In one day, we went from MK to Epcot to MGM. I looked down at my pedometer before we made it to MGM and we'd gone over 13 miles! You'd be surprised how fast the miles add up! I'm a little better about not having to do and see everything in one day now...:rolleyes1

Jen in GA

13 miles...WOW!!! That is insane! Do I get extra points for pushing a wheel chair? DMIL and/or My DH's granny will probably be in them!

OR...you could let me borrow your garmin... :goodvibes I did mention we are taking the Inlaws right... (Between you and me...I don't think you'd want to tag along on this trip! :lmao: ) Would it acutally track your mileage for the day??? I think they are cool and would love to get one. I just can't pay that much for one right now. Do they track your mileage on the TM or only if you are actully going somewhere?

Stacie

Stacie - You pretty much have to be goning somewhere fro teh Garmin. For most of them, you must be outside too. It would track all your miles fro teh day, but you'd probably want to stop and re-start when you enter a building, so that it doesn't beep at you (low signal). Although, teh newer ones are better inside, so who knows. I'm waiting fo rmy dinosaur to die so I can get a new one. ;)

Hello team 7

Just wanted to tell you a little about me. I'm 35, married to Tink06(Stacey), and as she told you we have a 5 yr old daughter. I started running last year after quitting smoking. DW up and said, "hey I have a great idea, let's sign up for the Disney Marathon".:rotfl: I realized that she was serious when she signed me up for the 1/2. Little did I know that I would actually enjoy it. I can't wait for next year!

As for my vote for team name, although I really like Ken's artwork, I still have to go with Walt's Warriors.

About me briefly.....

49 years old, but act like I am 12. Firefighter/Paramedic by trade. My DW is a Veterinarian. My 19 y.o. DD is a freshman @ UCF, my 15 y.o.DS is a sophomore in HS.

I've been running off & on for a long time, but became "serious" (well, sorta') a year ago.

I'm running my 1st full marathon in 3 weeks. I'm also training for, and hope to do 1 or 2 triathlons by the end of the year. Goofy next year........

Any name is ok by me. I am kinda' fond of "Screaming Studmuffins", but don't see that on the list of choices. Oh well.....................

Looks like we are narrowing down the Team 7 name search.

I'm seeing Hundred Acre Heros and Walt's Warriors popping up.

How about combining/compromising
== Walt's Hundred Acre Warriors (WHAW!)
:cheer2: :rolleyes: :idea:

OK, I really like Waklt's Warriors and Hundred Acre Heroes. I gotta' admit, though, Walt's Hundred Acre Warriors doesn't do much for me, even if it is a great try at a compromise. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Here's what I see:

Walts Warriors
Fan of Small World
Grumpy in New York

Hundred Acre Heroes
Tink 06
TigerLily
TXBelle
Mouse Skywalker
GSU (Assuming creating a graphic was a vote for)

Follwing Kate's lead, I took out my vote and hers, as we came up with teh names.

I'm not sure that I saw a vote from teh others. let me know if I'm wrong.

So, we can vote with just those 2 in mind. Maybe teh undecideds could give thier votes? Or, if Fan of Small WOrld adn Grumpy in New York really don't like the Pooh-theme, we can decide on a third from teh list. Please let me know, as I know I would have really diskliked a Tink theme and I don't want anyone to be unhappy with the name.

Well, see how this works for everyone
2226729783_771e627111.jpg

or
2227958082_54592506d4.jpg

Hello everyone I am Roxanne(Roxy). I am 34 years old married for thirteen years and I have three kiddos. I have been running for 2.5 years. I have done two half marathons and one full marathon. Those are counting the Goofy this year. I am going Goofy again next year too. As for the name vote I like Walts Warriors. So there is my two cent worth. :)

Morning!!!!!!!

Ok, I can be swayed to Walt's Warrior's with artwork like that - great job Ken! But I still like the HAH part of Hundred Acre Heroes! Oh bother! ;)

Carrie - I saw on the roster page it was being debated about week start/end, and they might have the captiains vote on it: It if you're looking for opinions :confused3 , my vote would be for the Monday-Sunday as PrincessRunner recommended, as my longer runs would be over the weekend as well, so easier to log on on Sunday and send you totals... JMHO

Either name is fine with me. I am easy to please. If someone were to come up with something else I would try to create some artwork to go along with that also. Again, I am easy to please!

I still like both names, although I'm really liking the Walt's Warriors' design.

I thought about running yesterday, but in the interest of the team, I decided I'd take another rest day to make sure I'm better prepared for Friday. It's all about the team, don't ya know! :rolleyes1

Jen in GA

I still like both names, although I'm really liking the Walt's Warriors' design.

I thought about running yesterday, but in the interest of the team, I decided I'd take another rest day to make sure I'm better prepared for Friday. It's all about the team, don't ya know! :rolleyes1

Jen in GA

Can I post Walt's Warriors on the roster?

Please read the dialog on when the week begins and ends. Basicly your team decides for themselves what works for them. The captain will post a monthly total on the weekly thread and the game runs till Dec 31st. How you arrive at those requirements are up to you, as long as your totals are accurate.

Visiting Panda:hippie:

If I've got this right, it's a dead heat.

Walts Warriors
Fan of Small World
Grumpy in New York
Roxy
JimB.
Hoosmi

Hundred Acre Heroes
Tink 06
TigerLily
TXBelle
Mouse Skywalker

Undecided
GSU

Postef

Not Voting, smileyk8 wtpclc. We'd each vote for our won designs anyway.

If the undecideds could decide... I promise, no one will hold anythign against you! :goodvibes

Ok, I'm feeling pressured, so I say Walt's Warriors (probably because the design reminds me of running up Main Street:cloud9: ). But I will not be disappointed if we end up as HAH!

Jen in GA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter