Walt Warriors

GOOD LUCK to everyone running W&D this weekend! I wish I could be there but since I'm still barely walking today maybe it's just as well... :rotfl:

Amanda

John- fair play, you are astonishing!!! Remember those words fondly! How are you feeling now? Can't believe you're so quick to move in from it!

Amanda- whoooo for doing NYC! What a fabulous experience. It sucks that the Gatorade hurt your stomach though. Your time is amazing, especially given 10 miles of ouchiness! Hope you're doing the duck waddle of pride :)

Jim- I'm in corral B. where are you hiding? Sad that you might not make it to the photo, I don't know WWOS well enough to suggest anywhere else! If you see a WISHer with wings that are lot up (as long as its not raining, no one wants a fried runner!) come and say hi!!!! I'd love to actually meet you! Hope your back's holding out ok!

Me- typical aches and niggles this week with taper madness. I'll never understand why my foot hurts more when training is wound down compared to when it's at it's peak! I'm ignoring them anyway!!!! 2 more sleeps til I'm on my way!!!!

Happy Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiindy Tuesday Warriors!

I feel like I am trapped in a rerun of "Winnie the Pooh & the Blustery DaY down here! Steady 15-20 mph winds all day!

I started some physical therapy for my back today. I was just not happy with my (lack of) progress in my recovery for my back, so I threw myself upon the Altar of "Katie, the Mistress of Pain" (as I lovingly refer my physical therapist). Some things are REALLY tight, which is causing some lower instability and whatnot. Lots of stretching and exercise and manipulation is in my immediate future............ But hopefully it'll speed things along, for I am most impatient.

Katie - I'm going to try to be at the 8 o'clock globe thing. No guarantees though. Saturday is seriously a "Cram 10 pounds of dirt into a 5 pound bag" day. You are pretty skippy on your pace. I'm in Corral D, which I think is 6 minutes behind you. I'll be wearing a lime green (non-WISH) Nike shirt with black panels in the back and my fluffy, ultra-padded Lime Green PI shoes. Track me down and I'll try to do the same if I don't make the picture session.

I manged to crank out 5 sub-9 minutes miles yesterday, which is pretty quick for me. Felt pretty easy (amazingly) but it WAS aided by the wind in some areas. Then did an hour on the boring exercise bike at the gym last night. I'm hoping that if I can shed a few more pounds it will be less strain on my back. 5"ish" pounds to go (depending on which scale I use).

Rock on & stay safe folks!

Amanda-great going :thumbsup2

Kate-no aches and niggles(?) come race time. Enjoy our lovely weather.

Jim-nice time on the run. Maybe you need one of those torture racks to stretch out the back. ;)

I showed up for the Tuesday bike ride yesterday and told the guys I was only drafting. Right off the start Tall Tom pulls 21mph into the 20mph wind. So much for an easy ride. I had to make sure this Ironman did his thing when it was time to pull so I upped it a bit. Had a great 30 miles. Heading to the pool shortly to work the shoulder.

Have a great week and weekend you-all.

McFlurry John

Jim- that run was great considering all the tightness! Poor Katie, she's got her work cut out keeping up with you ;) my pace might not be what i'd hoped, but if everything goes perfectly it could be a great race. If not... I'll suck it up, move to one side and enjoy the atmosphere :D I will be on the lookout for you mwah ha ha.

John- do you guys not say niggles? Something that hurts a bit, but you wouldn't class as an injury yet. Just a bit ouchy and not quite right. I really need to check what I write on these boards!!!! Awesome bike ride, hope your swim went ok and shoulder is not too grumpy!

Me- at the airport....NOW! Hubby wanted to bring me so I'm here super early so he could get back to school (he's a teacher). I've done everything I usually would in the first hour and still got over 3 hours before flight! Ha add on the 9 hours in the plane it's going to be a long day!!!!! So excited though and can't wait to see mum and dad at the airport once I'm at my disney home :D and pop that magic band on....and see the Disney sign...and get to sing along with the alligators at POFQ....and ....ok I'll stop there. I'm travelling alone so needed an outlet for my excitement sorry!

Kate-us Ironman people don't get niggles. :rolleyes1 :lmao: A happy-smooth landing and welcome back to Fl. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Quite honestly, I still find it amazing that this geezer made it through the whole thing and had some energy to walk back to our motorhome. Already training for next year's so I can break 13hrs with a hope for 12.5hrs. Got to the pool and for the first time felt one with the water meaning I knew I wasn't going to drown. Did not swim much, still tired arms, but things felt smooth and relaxing.

Kathy ordered The Swim It, http://myswimit.com/, for me so now she feels comfortable with me going out in the Gulf to train with no life guards around. I told her I feel better also and plan to do some 2hr to 3hr swims. I will be swimming with the dolphins. ;)

Stay safe all.

McFlurry John

Good Morning Warriors,

JimB~ I have one of those 10 lb of dirt weekends myself, with out a race! Have a great time at Wine and Dine
Kate~ I hope the Florida weather holds for you, WISHing you a great race also.
John~ Congratulations on the Ironman that is sooo cool!
DrMom~ Congrats on New York, one marathon (for my Mickey medal) was enough for me!

As for me? I'm trying to get back into serious training for the Glass Slipper, going start with 2 running days in a row today and tomorrow (I hope, if that dirt doesn't get in the way LOL) It's been a busy few weeks since I checked in including a WDW trip for our 35th wedding Anniversary now it's time to get back to a regular training routine again. I'm looking forward to it!

Have a great weekend everyone and great races this weekend (especially Wine and Dine)

Hi Warriors!
Happy Friday all!!!
Thanks for the nice wishes. I'm so impressed by everyone in this group! I'm having some post-race blues which I'm trying to shake. Need to get my act together and start thinking about the Disney Marathon in January.
I'm also having deep thoughts about distance and pace and future goals... Not sure if I want to stick with the full marathon distance but I'd like to do the Anniversary Goofy in 2015. I'm frustrated that I'm not a faster runner. Blah blah blah! ;)

Amanda

Happy Thursday Warriors!!

Another fun-filled week in NE Florida!!

Back from the W&D with minimal damage. My overall time was 2:09. The first half I ran like a rock star, with a sub-9 minute/mile pace. But I slowed way down on the second half. Was about 15 minutes slower from the first 1/2 to the last. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:crazy2:

It was more of a conditioning/knee/hip than back thing. Actually my back felt fine during and after the run. Hips & knees, not so much.

My therapist said for me to ditch the minimalist shoes I have trying for the last year, so I ran in a pair of resurrected "older regular" shoes. And they were quite worn out. Lotsa' foot discomfort by the end, but hey, I was still upright so no worries there........

My Lovely Luscious Bride finished at about 2:50. At about mile 11 she felt a left knee 'pop' followed by some acute pain, but toughed out the last 2 to finish. She's ok today though. Mostly Patella tendonitis.

Kate - Sorry we missed. I think you actually walked right past me going to your corral pre race! I was in my corral feverishly checking on some American College Football scores (No. The REAL kind of football.....!!) when I glanced up just as a pair of lighted Tinkerbell wings was going past. Were you wearing a cap??

Amanda - Keep at it! I share your feelings about the full marathon distance. I think the half is a perfect run for me. Not too short, not too long. Problem is I'd like to do some "Bucket list" marathons before I die (MCM, Chicago, New York and a couple of others.....). When i do a half I pretty much try to go out hard and run the whole deal. When I do a full I do run/walk intervals from the first step, otherwise it turns into a 4 1/2 hour torture session......................... Narf.

Therapy is ok. Pain brings progress.

That's it for now. Hope ya'll are doing great!!

PS - Thought for the Day --> The definition of Irony: When you are woken up at 5 a.m. for a smoke alarm.

In a Fire Station.

That is all.

Jim argh yes that was me! I always run in a cap, although I wouldn't normally have the glowing wings :) Sorry I missed you, but so pleased you didn't have TOO much discomfort. Your pace must have been amazing to have still finished in 2:09 even after pain set in. Really encouraging that it wasn't your back that slowed you. How's DW's knee doing? (oh and it's called foot-ball for a reason..... you're only supposed to kick it!!! :rotfl2:)

Amanda I can definitely relate to the post race blues! It can be really challenging trying to get re-focused and enthusiastic, but I'm certain you will. Goofy has always tempted me, but I know my body wouldn't like it! I hope you get inspired really soon!!!

Pam wahoo for the start of training! I hope you manage to get your first back to back runs in :cheer2:

John of course you superhuman iron people don't get niggles! You're made of iron!!! You did incredibly in your race and most importantly you didn't drown!!! Whooooo!

Me We got back on Sunday but I went straight back to work so haven't really stopped until tonight. Had a brilliant time at the W&D. Pacing wasn't perfect, slowed at the mats from 8:06m/m to 8:25m/m by the end to finish in 1:50:16. That's 2 minutes quicker than my last half, although I had dreamt about a 1:49 I'm pretty happy with that.

I didn't really find it that hot and the support I got for wearing my glowing wings was so amazing and really lifted me for the last few miles. Struggled to eat much around the world at the after party, but my parents had thoroughly munched away before I got to the end so they were happy for us to leave at 2am. Generally had a wonderfully lovely time in (mostly) sunny and warm WDW, went to a christmas party at MK and of course we visited all of the parks. Yay! Also ran around POFQ a couple of times whilst there. Being back in cold, dark, drizzly England just makes me miss disney even more and really hasn't inspired me to head out for a run yet. I've promised myself I'll go tomorrow...... we'll see!

Thank you all for your support over the past few months when I've been whingey and moany!

Kate- WOW!!!!

Jim- After all you went through, :cool1:.

Amanda- I think a Half makes lots more sense.

Pam- 35th, way cool.

Nice to read the upbeat reports. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Hope the hard times everyone had happening this past year will remain past memories. Keep training wisely and stay healthy.

Hey hey warriors!

Sorry it's been a while. Can't believe we slipped to page 2 :scared1:

How is everyone doing?

I've worn EVERYTHING that I bought whilst at the Wine and Dine :goodvibes Actually really love the luminous pink hoodie, it's just been perfect for the chilly runs here. Managing to get out for three runs each week again, although most of them are in the dark after work as cranking these eyes open on dark, dark mornings has just been one step to far for me :rotfl:

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that Christmas preparations are well under way :santa:

*sneaks in the back* Hey Warriors! Nice to see you all! :rotfl:

I've been popping in to see what everyone has been up to, but it's been a long time since I've actually logged in to post. Love seeing everyone's race reports - you guys are AWESOME. And holy crap, JOHN! IRONMAN!!! :yay:

I've just been quietly plodding on with Dopey training. I have my last long run week this week - 4 in a row - 2.5 miles/5 miles/10 miles/20 miles. And then it's taper time. I'm already in nervous butterflies mode, but if I survive this week, I'm not going to fear the Dopey.

Happy Holidays to you all! You guys are all AMAZING. :)

Kate-If you need a wake-up call let me know, I'm up pretty early, or is it I go to bed late. :goodvibes

Sarah-How are the little ones? Be careful with the last big one. Nice and easy does it. I actually cooled things much earlier than needed for the IM since I wanted to be extra sure for no injury chances. Already chilling for Dopey since I'm in it for fun. :banana:

AFM-Since I started the McFlurry detour during the first ToT and this year's marathon, I'm thinking about beginning each Dopey race with a McFlurry. We have the motorhome in the EPCOT parking lot and since I'm walking over to the starts at the last minute I figure the McFlurry should still be edible at the time I start. Kathy is also going to embroider a McFlurry John rear bib for me.

Be well all. Happy Holidays also.

McFlurry John

Good Morning Warriors,

Good luck to our Dopey Warriors! I'm so impressed that you are doing that!

I'm back from a December get together at WDW (with friends from another web site I participate on regularly) and got my long run in last weekend for Glass Slipper. I have a lot of long runs to go for it though. I'm finishing up this last week of school and looking forward to Christmas vacation. Even my X-Fit class is taking a couple of weeks off- although I will get some workouts in.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Happy Windy, wet, blustery Friday Warriors!!

It's a blowin' in NE Florida today!!

Hope ya'll had a wonderful Christmas. It was blessedly stress free in JimWorld. I worked Xmas Eve to Xmas morning. Fortunately we did NOT have anyone pass away early in the morning of Xmas (as I have had happen about 2/3 of the time I have worked this shift). It's quite the buzzkill. But, happy times this year. All the Family in town, but even better, all of 'em had left by 5 pm. So a quiet Jim & Rachel evening........

Not much is going on up here. PT for the back continues. Slow progress is being made. I think. My PT, Katie: The Mistress of Pain, is concentrating on my hips/thighs and calves more than anything. Lots of strengthening exercises & stretching. Then........THEN the deepDeepDEEPDEEPDEEP!!!!! tissue massage starts. It is........uhhhhhh, it is NOT pleasant. At. All. But it seems to be slowly helping. Sometimes I come home really bruised and hardly able to walk. But it's a lot of work putting Humpty Dumpty back together.

Mostly running and weights these days. My runs are all stuck in about the 6-7 mile range. I did not realize until recently how out of condition I have truly become over all this. :-( Hopefully this will change over the next few months.

I realized recently that the Florida 70.3 in 2014 is simply out of the question. I AM going to aim for the "Rocketman" Tri in the fall. It's an Olympic distance that actually has the bike course winding through part of Kennedy Space Center. Should be fun. It was actually a spring race but got slid to the fall as a result of the stupid government shutdown a few weeks back.

Hope all the Marathoners are gearing up for the big weekend! My Lovely Luscious Bride and I are doing the 10K (& that's it). New race. New Bling> Easy day. I am also reprising my role as a bike mounted paramedic this year for the 1/2 and full.

We are also running in the Inaugural Celebration Marathon this year 2 weeks after WDW. We're going to run the 1/2 and then cheer on the "Fulls" from our front yard after we are back! :laughing::laughing: Nothing else on the schedule after that..........

Hope everyone has a great New Year!!

Sarah you are doing brilliantly with your training, I hope your long runs went OK. They'll be no zombies left for you to run away from at this rate :lmao:

John thanks for the wake up call offer, ha ha. You'd have to shout REALLY loud! I have been a little bit better and my sister bought me a head torch for christmas so now I have no excuse! Aww I love that you're having a special McFlurry bib made, please post a photo!!!! Such an awesome detour! I don't know how you do it!

Pam I hope you're having a lovely holiday and getting those long runs ticked off. Still impressed that you're doing cross fit too, it seems so intense!

Jim Did you blow away in the windy weather?!?! I hope not!! Very pleased to hear you had a more uplifting christmas shift, I'm not at all surprised that difficult shifts are a buzzkill :sad1: Oooh it'll be lovely for you to do the 10k and fab that you're back as bike paramedic. You guys do such an amazing job, but I very much hope never to need any of you!!! Your physio sounds harsh, but hopefully we'll get humpty back together, little pieces at a time hey. Interested to see how the celebration half/ full goes.

Me back on three runs a week now and did a 5k Parkrun event in our local forest this morning. It was very chilly (2oC or 36oF) and wet underfoot, but beautiful. I was also shocked when my husband asked if we could go for a run on christmas day morning :upsidedow Santa must have brought a bit of craziness to our house on Christmas Eve. Obviously I agreed :rotfl:, but it was a bit of a surreal experience! I felt weirdly dedicated!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful christmas and have a fantastic last week of 2013. Marathoners: keep it going and believe!

Happy New Year Warriors,

JimB~ I hope your PT is doing it's thing for you- I think I need some hip help myself. Good Luck with your 10K Marathon weekend and Thanks for helping as a bike paramedic- I've spoken to a few of them on the Disney courses.

Kate~ my X-Fit class isn't as intense as the Cross Fit you see on TV or elsewhere. It's nicely done so those of use that don't want to lift a zillion lbs can do reasonable weights and for the ones that really want to be beasts they can LOL (no one in my class goes really hard core on the weights- or exercises) How nice that you got a Christmas run in with the hubby!

Sarah Rose and JohnVN~ Wishing you all the success and a great Dopey, can't wait to hear about it.

As for me, I'm working up my back to back runs (knees don't like it a lot LOL)
I did 7 miles last Saturday and intend to do back to back 4 miles and 5-6 miles today and tomorrow. (Saturday or Sunday I'm going to a Bridal Show with future DIL so figure since I don't have school yet this week I'd crank them out now.)

Have a Wonderful New Year Warriors

I wanted to stop in this morning and Wish all the Warriors "good running" for your races this weekend! (kinda wish I was there, but I know there would have been a lot of travel drama around the weather here so I'm just as glad I didn't sign up.)

Have fun, stay safe and race well Warriors!

Also just popping in to wish all of you guys in Florida a fantastic time! Race well and enjoy yourselves, whatever the distance :) sad that I'm not there, but feel privileged to have done a WDW marathon at all!

Strong, warrior thoughts to you guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter