• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hey guys we just booked the Dolphin for Marathon Weekend and the Swan for Princess Half Marathon Weekend! First time trying these hotels and we are psyched to try something new. We are normally deluxe stayers, with race weekends often at Pop Century, but prices got a little too crazy for us this year, even at Pop. Anyway I'm interested to follow along and learn all about this place!

Hey guys we just booked the Dolphin for Marathon Weekend and the Swan for Princess Half Marathon Weekend! First time trying these hotels and we are psyched to try something new. We are normally deluxe stayers, with race weekends often at Pop Century, but prices got a little too crazy for us this year, even at Pop. Anyway I'm interested to follow along and learn all about this place!
Welcome, you've made a great choice.

I purchased a 5 night stay in September to the Swan. This was through Marriott's Site and I purchased the cheaper tickets which are non refundable.

My question is this: If I cancel, am I on the hook for the entire $1500? I have checked my credit card and there was no deposit made that I can find, I do have a email reservation for the dates associated, so do they just charge it upon cancellation the full amount? I am really confused. thanks

The reason I am cancelling is The Delta Covid variant has DOUBLED in the state of FL in the last week alone. 1 in 5 cases are now coming out of Florida. Zero chance I am dealing with that.

Last edited:
Quick question. Can a Disney AP be used at thr S/D and if so do you have to book through the Disney website. I'm generally someone who stays at POP because I go often but this time I found Swan less expensive and I'm wondering if that is going to be my new go too.

I don't believe Disney is treating anyone as " second class". People self sort essentially. You personally decide what you want to spend your money on while vacationing. Everyone has different priorities. There are different tiers of hotels. No one vacationing outside the Disney bubble expects that staying at the motel 6 will be the same as staying at the Westin. You pay more, you get more, comfort/location/pool/spa etc. Staying inside the Disney bubble can save you having to rent a car and pay for parking at the parks, it can enable you to more easily rest in the middle of the day with young kids, and get you first access to special dining. All those has a certain $$ value to each person. So I can see the same level hotel in the bubble being somewhat more expensive than the same tier outside the bubble. However in my opinion that gap has gotten too big.
But giving everyone extra morning time, and deluxe more time at night, makes sense to me.
It's more that the timing bothers me. If you need to book at least 3 months ahead to do your dining 3 months ahead, then any changes in policies should have been announced 3 months ahead. Then people could have all the info and decide what they they want/can pay and decide accordingly. I fully expect that whatever fast pass replacement they come up with will have extra perks or just be included in deluxe resorts, similar to express passes at Universal high end hotels.
You need to have extra perks to justify extra spending.

Has anyone done laundry at the Dolphin lately?
I believe I read it was credit card OR do I need to bring quarters? If it's credit card, does it use a laundry app of some sort?
How many washers/dryers are in there?
Do the washers allow fabric softener?

THANKS in advance!!

Quick question. Can a Disney AP be used at thr S/D and if so do you have to book through the Disney website. I'm generally someone who stays at POP because I go often but this time I found Swan less expensive and I'm wondering if that is going to be my new go too.

You can book through Marriot - AP code is QWH

Check the box "Corporate/PROMO/Set#" and then enter that code.

You can book through Marriot - AP code is QWH

Check the box "Corporate/PROMO/Set#" and then enter that code.
Until recently, the AP rate has been the lowest, publicly-available rate. However, recently, some of the other discounts are better. Check all of the rates for which you qualify. The AAA rate is good; if you do not have membership for AAA, it often pays to join for the minimal dues, which includes many benefits. The discounted rates are available on the Marriot booking site.

Discounts at Swan & Dolphin

and deluxe more time at night
I think what people are objecting to is this is the first time (that at least I am aware of) that a park perk was segregated for deluxe resorts only. All the other differentiators mentioned (or not mentioned), pools, indoor vs outdoor room access, transportation, 24 hour meal access, valet parking, etc., etc., have been in place for years, some simply by the very location of the resorts.

Tons of people have used it, they've had Mears doing the busing since last October to MK & AK. We'll see if that continues after the year is up or if they go back to Disney. For DHS & Epcot you can walk or take the boats. Did you have a question about the busing?
How proficient are the busses compared to Disney transportation? If I wanted to get to MK for rope drop, would you suggest walking over to BWI to catch the bus? I believe S/D buses are only is allowed to TTC, but I’m not 100% sure. Thank you

How proficient are the busses compared to Disney transportation? If I wanted to get to MK for rope drop, would you suggest walking over to BWI to catch the bus? I believe S/D buses are only is allowed to TTC, but I’m not 100% sure. Thank you
That is correct, TTC only. To make sure you are there when you want to be, I would use Disney buses at BW or Yacht Club.

I don't believe Disney is treating anyone as " second class". People self sort essentially. You personally decide what you want to spend your money on while vacationing. Everyone has different priorities. There are different tiers of hotels. No one vacationing outside the Disney bubble expects that staying at the motel 6 will be the same as staying at the Westin. You pay more, you get more, comfort/location/pool/spa etc. Staying inside the Disney bubble can save you having to rent a car and pay for parking at the parks, it can enable you to more easily rest in the middle of the day with young kids, and get you first access to special dining. All those has a certain $$ value to each person. So I can see the same level hotel in the bubble being somewhat more expensive than the same tier outside the bubble. However in my opinion that gap has gotten too big.
But giving everyone extra morning time, and deluxe more time at night, makes sense to me.
It's more that the timing bothers me. If you need to book at least 3 months ahead to do your dining 3 months ahead, then any changes in policies should have been announced 3 months ahead. Then people could have all the info and decide what they they want/can pay and decide accordingly. I fully expect that whatever fast pass replacement they come up with will have extra perks or just be included in deluxe resorts, similar to express passes at Universal high end hotels.
You need to have extra perks to justify extra spending.

I don't mind paying for a resort that gives you more perks at that resort. I guess it depends on if you consider where you are staying on Disney property as the resort, or the whole of the theme park area. I don't think paying more for the Poly should get you perks at the Magic Kingdom. To me they are separate things, and the parks should be a separate thing. Just my opinion.

I purchased a 5 night stay in September to the Swan. This was through Marriott's Site and I purchased the cheaper tickets which are non refundable.

My question is this: If I cancel, am I on the hook for the entire $1500? I have checked my credit card and there was no deposit made that I can find, I do have a email reservation for the dates associated, so do they just charge it upon cancellation the full amount? I am really confused. thanks

The reason I am cancelling is The Delta Covid variant has DOUBLED in the state of FL in the last week alone. 1 in 5 cases are now coming out of Florida. Zero chance I am dealing with that.
Did you book a refundable room rate and then purchase the tickets directly from Disney? The tickets, although nonrefundable, could be applied toward a future trip, though you would have to pay the difference if/when the ticket cost increases.

I think what people are objecting to is this is the first time (that at least I am aware of) that a park perk was segregated for deluxe resorts only. All the other differentiators mentioned (or not mentioned), pools, indoor vs outdoor room access, transportation, 24 hour meal access, valet parking, etc., etc., have been in place for years, some simply by the very location of the resorts.
exactly. When people use that reasoning (higher perks for higher rates) they always refer to a hotel or resort,motel 6 vs the waldorf. This change is a park change, based on how much you're paying to stay at their hotel. Seems different to me than "we have better pool towels at Beach Club than at All Stars".

Did you book a refundable room rate and then purchase the tickets directly from Disney? The tickets, although nonrefundable, could be applied toward a future trip, though you would have to pay the difference if/when the ticket cost increases.
*if*??? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: good one.....:rotfl:

We booked a last-minute trip for next week at the Dolphin through Hotels.com. I was able to link to MDE after calling the Dolphin this morning. I don't see a way to do online check-in. Is that not a thing at the Dolphin?

We are arriving around lunchtime. What is the chance that our room will be ready early? We would love to be able to have a room to rest in for a few hours before dinner since we are getting up super early for our flights. TIA!

I don't mind paying for a resort that gives you more perks at that resort. I guess it depends on if you consider where you are staying on Disney property as the resort, or the whole of the theme park area. I don't think paying more for the Poly should get you perks at the Magic Kingdom. To me they are separate things, and the parks should be a separate thing. Just my opinion.
I get that, I guess I didn't think of it that way, since people that stayed on site got perks that they used in the park over those that didn't/couldn't afford to do so. Such as the ability to get dining res earlier, or get fast passes first or use the Disney transpo to get to rope drop in time, or charge things to their room or get souvenirs delivered back to room, free magic band to use in park. Now not only are they differentiating between off site/ on site but also where on site they stay. Which is a change, and feeds into the current drama that Disney values high dollar guests more.
While we love Disney,even went there on my honeymoon,(couldn't afford to fly there or stay on site tho) and we took our kids a couple of times and I went with me husband after a Disney race, I never considered it affordable as a yearly thing. We did other vacations , often in concert with my kids sports competitions.
I'm really looking forward to my visit with my granddaughter this August. ( Keeping fingers crossed no hurricanes)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter