Walk of Fame with young kids

Glynis4

Mouseketeer
What is the least seedy section of the Walk of Fame? My kids (8 and 11) really want to see it, but I'm not thrilled about heading into that area. We would be going on a Sunday. Thanks!

Stars that kids might enjoy:
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks 6600 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Big Bird 7021 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Bugs Bunny 7007 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Disneyland 6834 Hollywood Blvd
  • Donald Duck 6840 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Godzilla 6925 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Kermit the Frog 6801 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Mickey Mouse 6925 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Minnie Mouse 6834 Hollywood Blvd.
  • The Muppets 6834 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Roy Disney 6747 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Shrek 6931 Hollywood Blvd.
  • The Simpsons 7021 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Snow White 6910 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Snoopy 7021 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Tinker Bell 6834 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Walt Disney 7021 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Winnie the Pooh 6834 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Woody Woodpecker 7000 Hollywood Blvd.

Last edited:
Just go during the day. If you are going to Universal, you can take the Red Line to Hollywood and Vine by the Pantages theater and see it there. There's a Shake Shack there the kids would probably really like. The majority of the tourist-trap nonsense takes place down at Hollywood and Highland where the Chinese Theater is. Be prepared to be underwealmed.

We did a drive by of the Hollywood walk of fame/Chinese theater on a Monday around 8 AM. It was empty. We were in a hurry so didn't get out of the car, but I wouldn't have hesitated to take my 6 & 9 year olds out at that time of day.

I think the best area would be Hollywood & Highland where Mann's Chinese Theater is located. You will also see the famous hand/footprints and more famous stars. There are some restaurants at the Kodak Theater center, and if you walk up the stairs to the back you can see the Hollywood sign. It's where most people go. Under that complex is a parking structure. I've been there a number of times, and during the day would be the best time to go.

Across the street is Disney's El Capitan Theater and where Jimmy Kimmel does his show.

Stars that kids might enjoy:
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks 6600 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Big Bird 7021 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Bugs Bunny 7007 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Disneyland 6834 Hollywood Blvd
  • Donald Duck 6840 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Godzilla 6925 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Kermit the Frog 6801 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Mickey Mouse 6925 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Minnie Mouse 6834 Hollywood Blvd.
  • The Muppets 6834 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Roy Disney 6747 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Shrek 6931 Hollywood Blvd.
  • The Simpsons 7021 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Snow White 6910 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Snoopy 7021 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Tinker Bell 6834 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Walt Disney 7021 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Winnie the Pooh 6834 Hollywood Blvd.
  • Woody Woodpecker 7000 Hollywood Blvd.
Great list, thanks!

I think the best area would be Hollywood & Highland where Mann's Chinese Theater is located. You will also see the famous hand/footprints and more famous stars. There are some restaurants at the Kodak Theater center, and if you walk up the stairs to the back you can see the Hollywood sign. It's where most people go. Under that complex is a parking structure. I've been there a number of times, and during the day would be the best time to go.

Across the street is Disney's El Capitan Theater and where Jimmy Kimmel does his show.
That sounds great thanks!

The area right in front of the El Capitan and the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop (6834 Hollywood Blvd.

Just don’t go too far east of Vine St/Amoeba Music, go during the day and it will be fine. As mentioned above, all the tacky stuff is around Hollywood and Highland. Lots of people, street hawkers, street performers and other such nonsense. Perfectly safe, just safeguard your wallets/pocketbook around that block. The Ovation Mall is fine though on that block.

I found the area around the Chinese Theater fine during the day, even though it is a zoo. I took my then 11 year old there and we took pictures. I think the one that sticks out is where we saw the stars for Jackie Chan and Pink.

Later on I was solo and staying at the hostel across the street from the Dolby Theatre and stayed in a room with a view of Hollywood Blvd. It was kind of loud all night but got a lot quieter around midnight. There was still some weird stuff going on (I woke up in the middle of the night an looked out the window) but the area was still well lit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter