VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge, a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad you had such a nice time at Daytona. And you got to see a launch!
Was it dark when it went up? My personal favorite.

Have a great time with Annie and please tell her Hi from Muush :wave:
We wish we were there with you!

So we went to MK yesterday to celebrate AnnieTs DH Alan's Bday. We rode a few rides, did some pintrading and Sorcerers of MK, ate at Tonys, had a great view of Electric Parade then got to TOTWL in nick of time to see Wishes.

Today we are headed to HS with our friend Tearsa, and eating at Ohana later with her and her DH and DD(They live here so meeting up later)then Yee Ha Bob at POR!!

Jimmy - keep those pictures coming! Sure enjoy following along on your trip!

Happy Birthday DisneyFreaks! Hope you have an absolutely magical day!

We need to go see Yee Ha Bob one of these days.:) Enjoy Jimmy.:cool1:

JT - How was Yee Ha Bob?? :banana:

Bob (MY Bob... not Yee Ha.... :laughing: ) and I stayed at POR for our honeymoon in 2008, so we saw him then. It was a really fun show, and great way to end a day of running around in the parks. We haven't been back since, but I set a "reminder" to go see him on MDE. :thumbsup2

I really like that you can do that! There are always things I want to see, and new places to eat that I forget about when we are there and in the middle of everything! We want to try Sleepy Hollow for lunch this trip. We always end up at either Pecos Bill or Casey's. I want to try something new. :goodvibes

41 days until we take off, 42 until the wedding, 43 until I am checking in at BWV! :cool1:

It is SOOOOOO needed. :cloud9:

ETA - Happy Birthday DisneyFreaks!!!!! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

rusafee
Yee Ha Bob was on top of his game last night, place was packed, not tables left by the time we got there. He added some new songs, mostly Disney.

We tried Sleepy Hollow this trip and it was very good!

rusafee
Yee Ha Bob was on top of his game last night, place was packed, not tables left by the time we got there. He added some new songs, mostly Disney.

We tried Sleepy Hollow this trip and it was very good!

I saw he posted a picture on FB of the crowd from last night! Awesome!! I'm sure a rowdy crowd has a lot to do with how much fun the show is. :cool1:

Glad to hear Sleepy Hollow is worth trying! I saw pics of the chicken and waffle sandwich and I am all over that (minus the coleslaw ... I'm not a mayo fan :sick: )

We went to HS yesterday and rode GMR(good timing it was raining)Toy Story, ToT, Star Tours and RnRC, Tammy and Tearsa hit every shop in the whole place to pin trade(because of it, we met a CM from our town, I know her Dad, small world). Later we met up with Tearsa's DH and DD at Ohana then on to Yee Ha Bob!!

Good morning fellow Groupies. I have been absent for quite some time and I have had a request for an update on Homer. As most all of you are aware, cancer is a very, very ugly thing. In a short four to five months, it took a very, very young, strong, and vibrant eighty year old gentleman and changed him into a very old man laid out in a casket. Homer changed his address to a Heaven address on February 6th. The funeral was a celebration of his life and it was demonstrated what we suspected all along. Homer was LOVED by a great number of people. There are not many things that will make grown men cry in public. Homer's passing was one of those events. He was a pretty special guy.

Thank you all for all of your thoughts and prayers during this time and I apologize for not keeping you better updated. If you have any prayers left over, please pray for Rebecca and me over the next couple of months. As most of you are aware, I am a CPA and Rebecca works in my office with me. This is a very, very busy season for us and we are finding it hard to stay focused.

Thanks for letting me sit awhile. You all have a Great and Blessed Day!

rfassett said:
Good morning fellow Groupies. I have been absent for quite some time and I have had a request for an update on Homer. As most all of you are aware, cancer is a very, very ugly thing. In a short four to five months, it took a very, very young, strong, and vibrant eighty year old gentleman and changed him into a very old man laid out in a casket. Homer changed his address to a Heaven address on February 6th. The funeral was a celebration of his life and it was demonstrated what we suspected all along. Homer was LOVED by a great number of people. There are not many things that will make grown men cry in public. Homer's passing was one of those events. He was a pretty special guy.

Thank you all for all of your thoughts and prayers during this time and I apologize for not keeping you better updated. If you have any prayers left over, please pray for Rebecca and me over the next couple of months. As most of you are aware, I am a CPA and Rebecca works in my office with me. This is a very, very busy season for us and we are finding it hard to stay focused.

Good to hear from you Rf, definitely know first hand how devastating cancer can be, my old guy was diagnosed in Feb and lost his battle 8 months later.

Glad Homer's celebration was filled with love, family and friends.

Stay well, be blessed and don't work too hard

rfassett
We will continue to lift you folks up to Him. Its such a great feeling knowing Homer is celebrating his new life in Heaven. I read a devotional a few days ago from Charles Stanley talking about how we will recognize our friends and family in Heaven, I shared it with my Dad as his only brother has been admitted to Hospice, and my Dad is really struggling with it right now. I feel so inclined to share it here with you folks as well...

Friday, February 21, 2014
In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley

February 21
Resurrection: Our New Body
2 Corinthians 5:1-10

What a scene will occur at the sounding of the Lord’s trumpet! The “dead in Christ” will emerge from their resting places all over the earth and soar into the sky; these saints’ resurrected bodies will reunite with their spirits, which will have been residing in heaven with Jesus. Close behind them will follow believers who haven’t yet departed this life—at that moment, they’ll miraculously be changed as they are “caught up . . . to meet the Lord in the air” (1 Thess. 4:16-17).

The description sounds extraordinary, but in fact, the plan is practical. We’re going to need a body with which to enjoy the new heaven and new earth that Jesus is preparing for His followers. However, earthly flesh and bones will not do. They age, break, and succumb to sin. So God promised to transform our humble structures into glorious bodies like the one Christ had after His resurrection. Common temptations and limitations will be gone. In addition, our physical substance will be altered so that we are not restricted by time and space. Remember, Jesus didn’t bother with doors (John 20:19)! Our new bodies will be suited for the environment where we are to dwell forever—an ageless eternity in which all of our needs are perfectly met.

Each believer will still be him- or herself. Friends and family long separated will recognize one another; our personalities will be unchanged, except that we’ll be absolutely sinless. At last, you and I will be the persons that God intends for us to be. And we’ll be housed in a body fashioned like that of Christ—perfect, sinless, and complete.

For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please visit www.intouch.org.

Used with permission from In Touch Ministries, Inc. © 2009 All Rights Reserved.

Groupies always have prayers left for Groupies. :hug:

I'm so sorry that Homer lost his battle with cancer. But I'm so glad that you will meet with him again one day in Heaven. Prayers for a tax season that is kind and gentle (I know, not a chance, be we can ask, can't we?), a a fast 4/15/2014.

I had a neighbor in RI named Homer. Your Homer's description sounded like my Homer. A great man.
And when you see all of those who loved him come to say goodbye, you know he was a great man.

Jimmy, thank you for the words from Charles Stanley. I needed to read them this AM.

Yesterday I went to a wake that was for an 11 year old young man. Jimmy, he was from your neck of the woods, Kernsville. I know his grandmother but I had never met Nicholas. He became quite ill 13 months ago and his parents have gone through much more than you could ever imagine.

There were hundreds of people there. Please pray for the family today as they are having the funeral and burial.

Elec Water Parade last night from Cont/BLT walkwaySaw these last night at Contempo Cafe(looks like a good excuse for breakfast to me:thumbsup2)Tammy and Tearsa(otherwise known as TnT, an explosive duo) starring in "Pin Trading Frenzy", coming to a poor unsuspecting CM near(or far away, as they can spot pins from across the park with pin point accuracy)My point being madeGMR dress that Scarlett wore to BBQ in Gone With The WindThis guy really favored Harrison Ford
Eating at Capts. Grille tonight(another 1st) after Epcot. We did the campfire at FW last night, lots of fun singing along and getting marshmallows stuck on my face;)

Wishing a very happy belated birthday to DisneyFreaks! pixiedust:

Groupies....my heart is weighing so heavy. I lost my beloved uncle John on Saturday. I found out Monday night when I was at work that he was not doing well. Got home that night, booked airfare and rental car at 2 am and I was on a plane to Florida at noon. I prayed the whole time I was in the air that I would make it. I befriended a very nice retired couple from Ft Lauderdale who were returning home from visiting their grandkids in south Jersey. They saw me crying on the plane and the woman blessed herself and told me she knew I would make it in time. I did. I said my "goodbyes" to him on Thurs evening because I had to return home to work. At work on Saturday, I found out he had passed. I have not stopped crying all week. I deeply appreciate all the supportive thoughts, words and prayers that some of you have expressed to me on FB.

My daughter's wedding is 38 days away and this is so painful for us. He so wanted to be there and see her get married. He was more than an uncle to me---he was the only father figure I ever knew. He walked me down the aisle at my wedding. I know he is happy now and at peace, but I just hope and pray this heaviness in my heart can lift away. Thank you so much for listening to me. I rarely vent like this but I am so torn up.

To Mia and rfassett, our thoughts and condolences go out to you, and we wish for you the peace of knowing that the lives of these people special to you will endure in your hearts to help you make it through the rough times. Our sympathies.

Wishing a very happy belated birthday to DisneyFreaks! pixiedust:

Groupies....my heart is weighing so heavy. I lost my beloved uncle John on Saturday. I found out Monday night when I was at work that he was not doing well. Got home that night, booked airfare and rental car at 2 am and I was on a plane to Florida at noon. I prayed the whole time I was in the air that I would make it. I befriended a very nice retired couple from Ft Lauderdale who were returning home from visiting their grandkids in south Jersey. They saw me crying on the plane and the woman blessed herself and told me she knew I would make it in time. I did. I said my "goodbyes" to him on Thurs evening because I had to return home to work. At work on Saturday, I found out he had passed. I have not stopped crying all week. I deeply appreciate all the supportive thoughts, words and prayers that some of you have expressed to me on FB.

My daughter's wedding is 38 days away and this is so painful for us. He so wanted to be there and see her get married. He was more than an uncle to me---he was the only father figure I ever knew. He walked me down the aisle at my wedding. I know he is happy now and at peace, but I just hope and pray this heaviness in my heart can lift away. Thank you so much for listening to me. I rarely vent like this but I am so torn up.

I'm so sorry Maria, for your loss of your dear uncle John. Your Father really.
We will pray the same prayer, for the heaviness to be lifted and your daughter's wedding will be one of joy, celebrating all those who are not with us and the marriage of 2 young people in love. :hug:

The funeral was a celebration of his life and it was demonstrated what we suspected all along. Homer was LOVED by a great number of people. There are not many things that will make grown men cry in public. Homer's passing was one of those events. He was a pretty special guy.

You know that you can sit with us a while any time! We have the ability to rock in our cyber-chairs while lifting up some prayers for you and your family. Best wishes to you at this challenging time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter