VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

DW & I watched "Saving Mr. Banks" tonight. We didn't catch it in the theaters so it was a very nice night watching it on television at home. Beautifully done, and acted. Two thumbs up! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Kathy
Great news on the recovery, hoping we hear you are headed home this weekend!!!

Granny
I say go as well, BOG is a hard ticket to get:thumbsup2

Rob...great to "see" you here again! And awesome to hear that you are enjoying your stay at our beloved resort. Thanks for checking in. :)
I second this thanks for checking in. I do love the runs from WL to FW. ::yes::

GRANNY: Glad you enjoyed the movie. We are thinking of buying it when it comes out on DVD in a couple of days.

Luv and I are in Charlotte for the St Paddy's Day parade. On the spur of the moment, we decides to drive down last night so we wouldn't have get up so early. Spontaneity lives! On to Starbucks.....

Luv and I are in Charlotte for the St Paddy's Day parade. On the spur of the moment, we decides to drive down last night so we wouldn't have get up so early. Spontaneity lives! On to Starbucks.....

Have fun! :cool1:

We need to do that more, we are lacking in the spontaneity department around here these days. :bored:

Happy Saturday Groupies! Hope those of you enjoying spring weather will send it over to us in the northeast! I'm heading out to enjoy our one day of "balmy 50" before the temps plunge again.:goodvibes

Winter. Will. Not. Die. 2"-4" of sleet and snow supposedly heading our way Sunday night into Monday morning. :furious: :faint:

Sunny and 65 degrees here today.

Sunny and 75 degrees here tomorrow.

:duck::duck::duck:

Oh - and all that nasty white stuff has stayed up on the mountains like it should. At least the little we've seen. And only rain down here in the valley. Very strange and extremely mild winter. The mildest I recall in the 26 years I've lived out here.

So nice to hear from you mickeymorse! Enjoy your time at the Lodge. Love to sit by the fireplace and just let my thoughts wander.... Thanks for checking in with us.

If your weather was anything like ours, today was a great day for a parade! Sleepy hope you and luv had a simply marvelous day!

So who all are planning cabbage and corned beef Monday?

So nice to hear from you mickeymorse! Enjoy your time at the Lodge. Love to sit by the fireplace and just let my thoughts wander.... Thanks for checking in with us.

If your weather was anything like ours, today was a great day for a parade! Sleepy hope you and luv had a simply marvelous day!

Today was gorgeous as it was up to 72 in Charlotte and the low 60s here in the mountains. But, all that will change tomorrow, it seems. Parade was a blast.
No cabbage and corned beef Monday, more like a nice lamb stew. ::yes::

Heading to McCouls for brunch this AM, its an Irish themed pub with really good food. We had a groupie meet there once. We will celebrate St Paddys there this morning.

Its been a trying weekend, Tammy had a rough work week, tax stuff working for a CPA firm, Casey had his 1st date, had to drive to Fayettville, near Ft Bragg, 1.5 hr drive(1st time he has ever driven that far by himself). They had nice lunch but as he was following his girlfriend to the movie, then had another 1st, a wreck. He turned left into heavy traffic and got clobbered. He is fine, other than a head bump, but truck didnt fare so well. His guardian angel was with him, a split second and he would have got it in his door. Lets just say the impact was severe enough it caused the door on opposite side to not open, and his wheels wont turn. We are just glad know one was hurt:hug:

On a happier note, and I much prefer these kind of notes:thumbsup2...Tammy and I are heading to WDW in May for a 1st time adults only trip, for our 24th anniversary. Julie(horselover)helped Tammy make the surprise trip come true, as I didnt have a clue, but its hard to keep secrets from me;) We are staying the Poly which will be a 1st as well. This was all Ts idea, and many thanks to Julie for helping T with it all. Some more 1sts, Spirit of Aloha, Illuminations Sparkling Desert Party(really looking forward to both with my lovely bride), and, and:hyper:our 60 day window for FP plus opened up today! So we will be planning those later today!!

Hope all have are having gr8 weekend!!

Welcome to the groupies stevenb124!!!!

BTW sleepydog will be along soon to collect the small fee;)

We always host a St. Patty's Reuben celebration with friends (on the weekend though). I love them and 2 of our friends do too. So the other 3 (including Mr Muush) watch us build them and grill them. I don't remember what they (the other 3) eat, I just know that we 3 enjoy our annual Reubens! Got to get the corned beef recipe out. Yum!

Happy St. Patrick's Day for all of our Irish Groupies.

Heading to McCouls for brunch this AM, its an Irish themed pub with really good food. We had a groupie meet there once. We will celebrate St Paddys there this morning.

Its been a trying weekend, Tammy had a rough work week, tax stuff working for a CPA firm, Casey had his 1st date, had to drive to Fayettville, near Ft Bragg, 1.5 hr drive(1st time he has ever driven that far by himself). They had nice lunch but as he was following his girlfriend to the movie, then had another 1st, a wreck. He turned left into heavy traffic and got clobbered. He is fine, other than a head bump, but truck didnt fare so well. His guardian angel was with him, a split second and he would have got it in his door. Lets just say the impact was severe enough it caused the door on opposite side to not open, and his wheels wont turn. We are just glad know one was hurt:hug:

On a happier note, and I much prefer these kind of notes:thumbsup2...Tammy and I are heading to WDW in May for a 1st time adults only trip, for our 24th anniversary. Julie(horselover)helped Tammy make the surprise trip come true, as I didnt have a clue, but its hard to keep secrets from me;) We are staying the Poly which will be a 1st as well. This was all Ts idea, and many thanks to Julie for helping T with it all. Some more 1sts, Spirit of Aloha, Illuminations Sparkling Desert Party(really looking forward to both with my lovely bride), and, and:hyper:our 60 day window for FP plus opened up today! So we will be planning those later today!!

Hope all have are having gr8 weekend!!

Oh poor Casey. I'm so sorry he had an accident, and glad he wasn't injured more than the bump on his head.

Your anniversary trip sounds wonderful. Kuddos to Tammy for such a nice surprise!

Jimmy sorry to hear about Casey's accident, but glad to hear no one was hurt. Wow Tammyplanning a surprise anniversary trip, how great!:goodvibes

Welcome to the groupies stevenb124!!!!

BTW sleepydog will be along soon to collect the small fee;)
Let me add my welcome to steven as well! (There is the small matter of the $50 new member fee. Unmarked bills or cashier's check acceptable. :rolleyes1)

JT: Sorry to hear of Casey's accident and extra thankful he was okay. Few scarier things for a parent.

Here's to a happy St Patrick's Day to all the Groupies, though it's a day early. To greet us so far today, we've had rain, snow, more rain, and two brief power outages. I am so ready for a season other than one spelled w-i-n-t-e-r.

Yes, JT, I'd say you've had quite a week-end! So glad that Casey wasn't seriously injured! Love that Tammy has planned such a nice celebratory anniversary for you. I know you'll enjoy your time together sans kids. It's always nice when the kids come along, but equally nice to just be alone. DDad and I are also doing the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party for our May trip. I really thought it would be a nice way to celebrate our milestone birthdays this year. Plus we'll be at BWV and just seemed like a nice idea.

Muush - I really like reubens:) DDad not so much. Nice that you have made this an annual tradition with friends.

WELCOME stephenb124 So nice to have you join us.

All the drama that our weekend brought ended on a high note. Kristian, our DD and her fiance invited us to a Carolina Hurricanes Edmonton Oilers hockey match in Raleigh. Paul, her fiance is in the Nat. Guard and his superiors gave him 4 seats. Well, it turns out we were in a Suite with private restrooms, buffet and drinks, vip parking, the works. Very sweet. To top it off, between 2nd and 3rd period, he got to ride the Zamboni.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter