VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I have not been running nearly as long as Sleepy. I started Jan 2010. I was faced with trending labs towards diabetes. Scared the nilly out of me. So I was HIGHLY motivated by this. My doctor is very impressed that I had my labs down to normal in 3-4 months after the initial diagnosis threat. I lost 40 lbs in less than 6 months. I have put about 10 of that back on so I feel I can never stop running.

And I also slack off in the Winter because I HATE HATE running on the treadmill---I prefer outdoors. I think it's part of the joy of running to be out in nature. I am also not fast at all.....I run 3 miles in about 33-35 min. So not too much to be impressed with. But the way I look at it---hey, I'm still moving. LOL

At one point a few years ago I had lost 35 pounds, but my job move our building and I had to quit my gym. It was directly next door from our old building, so it was really convenient. But, ever since then I have put back on almost 15 pounds. :( It's been really hard to get started again, so I am really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

At one point a few years ago I had lost 35 pounds, but my job move our building and I had to quit my gym. It was directly next door from our old building, so it was really convenient. But, ever since then I have put back on almost 15 pounds. :( It's been really hard to get started again, so I am really looking forward to it.

Just start---no matter how little you can do initially--starting is the biggest hurdle. Take baby steps....you can do it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We have a shiny new thread! :thumbsup2 No wonder I haven't been getting any updates.

Hope you're all doing well.

Maria - I know you'll be tied up with wedding things but I'll be at BCV 3/28-30. I remember you mentioned your DD's reception maybe was being held at Ariel's? If you happen to be passing through BC area over that weekend shoot me a text. I'll keep my eyes open for you! ::yes::

We have a shiny new thread! :thumbsup2 No wonder I haven't been getting any updates.

Maria - I know you'll be tied up with wedding things but I'll be at BCV 3/28-30. I remember you mentioned your DD's reception maybe was being held at Ariel's? If you happen to be passing through BC area over that weekend shoot me a text. I'll keep my eyes open for you! ::yes::

Oh how great would that be! :)

Julie, Teapot or any other Groupies near MA, are you planning to attend Great Moments with Walt Disney on April 27th? I RSVP'd yesterday:goodvibes

I envy you runners. :goodvibes I downloaded an app called "Get Running", so I can start small and try to run more. When I was doing Zumba and basic running was when I felt my most fit and comfortable in my own skin. I haven't run at all in years, and I have never been 'good' at it. I am hoping to start small, and maybe start running a bit more once the weather clears up a bit. :cool1:

The trails around VWL seem amazing and serene. Even just to take walks in the morning to get the blood pumping. :cheer2:

Ha! Try doing that trail at 10PM! Walking along in the dark and coming across tracks
that look like Big Foot has been pounding the trail!:scared1:
I'll never forget that night, a good 'never forget'!:thumbsup2

I know that some of you found this on the DVC Mousellaneous forum, but the thread titled "Most Respectful DVC Owners" caught my attention. When I looked at the first post, the OP described a nice stay at VGF and his conversation with a CM there. And then at the end of the post....

" Now, for the curious part of the conversation.

The cast member stated that wear across the DVC resorts is unequal largely because of members. Based on observations and reports from cast members in housekeeping, maintenance and management, there is one group of homeowners that is more respectful than any other. Supposedly, from rooms to common areas, VWL guests are significantly more respectful, which may be attributed to the statistics that indicate most guests staying at VWL own at VWL.

So, for whatever it is worth, perhaps home resort love runs deeper in the untamed wilderness than in other parts of the world. "​

Well, you just know that I had to drag those comments over here! :)

It was funny to read everyone jumping in on that comment and how absurd it is. I didn't think it was so absurd, do you? ;)

:stir:

This is pretty much exactly what I did! I signed up for the "Dirty Girl Mud Run" in June, and plan on signing up for a Pittsburgh Pirates 5K where you get tickets to a game after completing it. I wanted to use the Pirates run to 'get out there' and then start to train more seriously for the mud run. There are a lot of obstacles that go along with it, and I hope to be in better shape to do all of them. :yay:

Both of those runs are after our trip next month, so I think I will try to set a goal to run at least a little bit every day when we are at WDW. If I start the day off well, maybe I won't feel as guilty about all the food and drinks I will obviously be having. LOL.

I think I will start researching trails near BWV. :thumbsup2
Sounds perfect!

Though running every day is a nice goal, keep in mind your body needs time to recuperate, rest, and heal. I usually went with a 5-6 day run week when I was training for marathons, leaving at least 1 day to rest. Sometimes, people want to do too much and doing so can break your body down, fatigue you, which in the end is counterproductive.

Now, go run! ;)

Maria: Time is only one aspect of running. I used to focus on my time. . .until the years of running kept creeping up on me. Now, like you, I try to appreciate the moments that I run: the nature, the beauty, the healing aspects, and even the fact that I can still run. ;)

Julie/Jules: 'Bout time you found us! Welcome to our new home! Same to you Linda67!

Muushka: Did I mention that I have a pair of monster feet that I wear occasionally? :lmao:

Granny: I did see the thread and the comments. While I do agree that the "evidence" presented is sketchy, by the same token, I understand why VWL guests would seem to be the nicest given the serenity in which we take our vacations. Calmness begets calmness begets respect.

Lol. I wanted to reference this thread Granny, and how much we all love the Lodge - but I kept it to myself. ;)

I know that some of you found this on the DVC Mousellaneous forum, but the thread titled "Most Respectful DVC Owners" caught my attention. When I looked at the first post, the OP described a nice stay at VGF and his conversation with a CM there. And then at the end of the post....

The cast member stated that wear across the DVC resorts is unequal largely because of members. Based on observations and reports from cast members in housekeeping, maintenance and management, there is one group of homeowners that is more respectful than any other. Supposedly, from rooms to common areas, VWL guests are significantly more respectful, which may be attributed to the statistics that indicate most guests staying at VWL own at VWL.

So, for whatever it is worth, perhaps home resort love runs deeper in the untamed wilderness than in other parts of the world. "​

It was funny to read everyone jumping in on that comment and how absurd it is. I didn't think it was so absurd, do you? ;)

While I don't "own" at VWL.....I must agree the resort always looks beautiful. Ohhh, and I must say, I really love the Bambi mural on the 5th person bed in the studio!

Hi Julie!!!! That would be awesome. I'm at POR until we check in to BLT on April 1. I land on March 28 but staying overnight in St Augustine at my daughter's apartment. Check in to POR later in day on March 29. What time do you leave on March 30??? Do u still have my cell#? I have yours unless it's changed.

I really want to meet this time. We've missed each other way too many times :eek:

Muushka....too funny about the Big Foot comment!

Happy Anniversary Stopher!!!!

Granny
I can see where those comments may be very real. VWL is a hard ticket to get for non-owners, being it is the smallest on WDW DVC property, Dec in particular. For us personally, we take pride in it being our home resort, therefore we like to take care of it. Maint. fees go up no matter what, but we have "some control" over how much, by taking care of her:lovestruc

Muushka
I have seen deer, armadillo, rabbits along that trail, but no Bigfoot sightings yet. Now you got me worried!!

LOL,
Truthfully I just thought it was because the lodge is "darker" than other resorts so it hides dirt better.
When your rugs are dark greens, browns and blues, wear and tear may show a lot less than say my home resort of BC where they have that large pastel rug right in the middle of the main entrance.

. . . . . . . . I have seen deer, armadillo, rabbits along that trail, but no Bigfoot sightings yet. Now you got me worried!!

Add Bobcats to the list! DiznyDi & I were surprised one morning on our early morning hike with a big one sprinting right across our path. Really cool!

Ok experts,
We got our letter in the mail telling us tomake our fast pass selections for our may trip. :rolleyes2

question:
1) So I know I can pick three attractions for 1 park, what happens at the second park if you park hop? they got rid of the paper tickets so at the second park are we forced to do standby?

2) what happens if you change your mind? One of the reasons we rarely make adr's is that the "day of" we often have changed our mind. So if I pick 3 fp's for say 5/12 for MK and that day we decide to do Epcot instead, am I SOL?

Yeesh, this is way too much planning for a dedicated winger.

Ok experts,
We got our letter in the mail telling us tomake our fast pass selections for our may trip. :rolleyes2

question:
1) So I know I can pick three attractions for 1 park, what happens at the second park if you park hop? they got rid of the paper tickets so at the second park are we forced to do standby?

2) what happens if you change your mind? One of the reasons we rarely make adr's is that the "day of" we often have changed our mind. So if I pick 3 fp's for say 5/12 for MK and that day we decide to do Epcot instead, am I SOL?

1) Yeah, it stinks - but they force you to choose ONE park to get all of your FP's for. I keep seeing recommendations that if you choose to Park Hop, make sure that you use your FP's at the 2nd park when the lines will be longer and just wait standby at the earlier park. We haven't been to WDW since this has all been implemented, so I can't speak to it working well or not... but it does make sense to do it that way.

2) I know that if you have a smart phone, you can make changes fairly easily for attractions, but I am also curious how it works if you completely change parks. There has to be a way.... I also saw that they have kiosks and cast members helping people once they are in the parks make FP+ reservations, but I am not sure about the availability same day. Good question, I am very curious about this answer as well.

I have urgent question for any of you who might have flown out of Sanford Orlando airport. My cousin in IL waited last minute to book flight and by mistake booked Preoria, IL to Sanford instead of MCO. Now he can't use Magical Express.

Anyone ever fly in/out of Sanford. Besides rental car, what is best option? And if I find the time to go pick him up how long is the car ride?

Thanks!
UPDATE: my cousin ended up renting a car. Best deal for his budget. Dollar was only $55 for not quite a 3 day stay. Thanks!

I have urgent question for any of you who might have flown out of Sanford Orlando airport. My cousin in IL waited last minute to book flight and by mistake booked Preoria, IL to Sanford instead of MCO. Now he can't use Magical Express.

Anyone ever fly in/out of Sanford. Besides rental car, what is best option? And if I find the time to go pick him up how long is the car ride?

Thanks!
UPDATE: my cousin ended up renting a car. Best deal for his budget. Dollar was only $55 for not quite a 3 day stay. Thanks!

Maria,

I live in IL and I am a little more than a one hour drive from Peoria, maybe 75 or 80 minutes. I have toyed with the idea of using that airport. From what I could see online the drive from Sanford was doable.

We have always used Midway or O'Hare to MCO, which is brutal. Parking the car in "economy" lots is about $20/day. Dragging baggage thru the big airport is especially a major pain in the rear end. My question is did your cousin get a direct flight (I was never able to find one), and if not where was the connecting flight. Anymore I am very hesitant to book flights with connections, especially in winter months. Thanks.

Ok experts,

question:

When mom and I went in February I found using my iPhone and the MyDisneyExperience app to be fairly easy to use and change 'on the fly'. Unfortunately you can do only one park per day. That's a bummer. But on several of the attractions I had selected for us, we were able to walk on, so I was able to use the app to 1) select a later time for the attraction we had just walked on then 2) select a new attraction all together. I did not change parks from what I had originally scheduled - only attractions.

From my experience as long as you have not used any FP's at your scheduled park, you should be able to first change your park then change your attractions. I would do this the night before though rather than the day of - if that makes any sense to you.

For the Trail's End aficionado's - do you make ADR's for this or do you just show up? DDad and I have thought we may do breakfast one day.

Wishing stopher and Mrs stopher a very Happy Anniversary!

Di
Usually during week, TE isnt way crowded, weekends a little more. MO, I would make a ressie to be safe, just for sake of time.

Eliza
1. Our exp. with FPplus 2 weeks back...right now, the park hop leaves you without FPs for 2nd park, but WDW sent out a survey asking our thoughts on this, and we relayed sentiments of many, need more chances at FPs and in multiple parks
2. You can change FPs up to the minute as long as you have your smartphone, but once that FP time is in play, you are out of luck. We found that the night before, we were considering changing parks next day so on computer we changed, no problems. Keep in mind, if you want to to FP Toy Story or Soarin, stick with those, hard to get once day arrives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter