VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I have had to use Chrome occasionally for DVC to work properly too. Luckily, Tammy is close by when I run into those glitches and she has a solution :goodvibes

I consistently have to use an icognito mode to get Disney websites to work properly in MS Edge. It happened so frequently I don't even bother not doing that now. Worst was the DVC website out of the Disney websites.

Firefox (my browser for most everything) has issues with the Disney sites and is unpredictable so I use Chrome and MS Edge as my backup.

If all else fails I use my iphone.

I just wish Disney would fully test their site updates on all the most common platforms before releasing. There's nothing like that feeling at 8am when you've snagged a rare room on the exact date you want only to find out your browser won't book it.

Curious to hear Groupies preferences on online check in as well as emailing Member Services and/or contacting WL directly for room requests. I typically just request an upper floor when I make the reservation. Sometimes I do online check in sometimes I do not. I am also curious if I were to call ahead should I not do online check in? We are 10 days out! Please weigh in if you care to share!

Curious to hear Groupies preferences on online check in as well as emailing Member Services and/or contacting WL directly for room requests. I typically just request an upper floor when I make the reservation. Sometimes I do online check in sometimes I do not. I am also curious if I were to call ahead should I not do online check in? We are 10 days out! Please weigh in if you care to share!
My most recent stay in Oct, I requested by email to MS, less than a week to go, 2 specific room #s, for an almost 2 week trip at VWL. Lo and behold I got my 1st request! So I tested the waters, my BIL and his family were coming in 4 days later and less than 3 days to go, I requested by email to MS again, 2 room #s, well I got the 1st request.

So from now on, until that falls through, Im going to to start doing it that way.

I'm going to have @jimmytammy make my request at VWL from now on. :teeth:

You can still do online checkin whether you submit requests, via any method, or not - just skip the online checkin section that asks for requests (it's very often inadequate if not downright irrelevant to the specific resort). Any entry in the online checkin section reportedly completely overwrites and cancels any requests made via other means.

And if you do online checkin, you can still go to the front desk on arrival to inquire whether your requests were met and to ask politely to be moved if they were not. But be aware that if you go to your room, open the door, and enter to find the location to be unsatisfactory, you might be charged a cleaning fee to be moved to another location!

Yes, I knew I could request in conjunction with online check in - I was just curious what others had done! Thanks you for your response, and I agree the online request section is basically useless imo!

Has anyone heard if Minnie Vans would be available for airport transportation in the near future?

Yes, I knew I could request in conjunction with online check in - I was just curious what others had done! Thanks you for your response, and I agree the online request section is basically useless imo!
I have called in requests and even used Touring Plans room requests once, but I have never done online check-in. I like to talk to the CMs at the counter.

I like to talk to the CMs at the counter.
Me too! Its an old school thing, I think. It's one way I don't have to propel myself into the less personal WWW, but rather, talk to a real person. One reason this is my favorite place to hang out on the WWW is because even though you guys aren't face to face, I still feel its a safe haven, a place I can be myself and not be judged, or ridiculed. And you folks share your lives too. Its an odd and rare thing these days that people still talk and care about others.

One of our favorite things that happened this past trip...my BIL and his family got a good deal on Memory Maker through the military discount, so we were game for it. Our last day, at MK, We wanted a picture near the castle and more so with Walt and Mickey just behind us. So a young lady photographer was there, no one around waiting in line and I approached her to get our photo taken. I saw her tag said Dawsonville, GA. I told her I knew the town and she thought I was messing with her. So she said do you know its most famous citizen, I replied Bill Elliott(Nascar driver) and she got all excited cause she knew I wasn't messing with her then. This young lad was maybe mid 20s, but just bringing up her hometown struck a conversation that went on for 10 mins. My point in this is we can all benefit from the human touch still, and have conversations outside FB, chat sites, etc. So online check in again is not my thing :rotfl2:

Me too! Its an old school thing, I think. It's one way I don't have to propel myself into the less personal WWW, but rather, talk to a real person. One reason this is my favorite place to hang out on the WWW is because even though you guys aren't face to face, I still feel its a safe haven, a place I can be myself and not be judged, or ridiculed. And you folks share your lives too. Its an odd and rare thing these days that people still talk and care about others.

One of our favorite things that happened this past trip...my BIL and his family got a good deal on Memory Maker through the military discount, so we were game for it. Our last day, at MK, We wanted a picture near the castle and more so with Walt and Mickey just behind us. So a young lady photographer was there, no one around waiting in line and I approached her to get our photo taken. I saw her tag said Dawsonville, GA. I told her I knew the town and she thought I was messing with her. So she said do you know its most famous citizen, I replied Bill Elliott(Nascar driver) and she got all excited cause she knew I wasn't messing with her then. This young lad was maybe mid 20s, but just bringing up her hometown struck a conversation that went on for 10 mins. My point in this is we can all benefit from the human touch still, and have conversations outside FB, chat sites, etc. So online check in again is not my thing :rotfl2:
Awesome Bill from Dawsonville. That was my first thought when you said what her tag said lol

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville. That was my first thought when you said what her tag said lol
DLI,
This shows you how redneck I am. When Tammy and I got married in 1990, she suggested we go to WDW. Dummy me, I thought that's way more than I could afford at the time, so I said no to that. I know, I know, cant believe I declined that, but I was naive in those days.

Anywho, so she found this place in Dahlonega, GA, the next town over from Dawsonville. Well I started planning what all we were going to do on our Honeymoon. 1 hr from Atlanta, lets go see the Braves play and while there, visit with my great Uncle and Aunt in Alpharetta. My Uncle Sam never met a stranger(Hmm, maybe that's where I get it from)and he used to work in Baltimore as a conductor on Amtrak before retiring in GA so he met a lot of dignitaries including Presidents, ballplayers, etc. on the train. I asked him if he knew where Dale Murphy lived and he proceeds to pull me right up to his front door and tells me to ring the door bell. I just told him I was good getting a picture of his house(scared Dale was going to get me arrested on my Honeymoon)

Another stop was at Bill Elliotts shop. Since you know who he is, this was the time in his career where he was still running cars out of his shop in Dawsonville with his family, and he was driving the blue car with Coors Light as the sponsor. SO we went to his museum and saw what we could of his secretive shop. Then we went to the Dawsonville Pool Room where they sound the alarm if Bill(or now Chase)wins a race. Thats how redneck, backwoodsy I am! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter