VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

So this morning I was going back through our previous threads to see if I could find my original Groupie comment. No luck yet. Tried a search and it isn't working. It was so nice though to go through and see some of the names of groupies we haven't heard from in a while. Wish they would stop back in and let us know how they are doing. Hey does anyone remember the tag fairy? I had forgotten all about that lol.
The tag fairy's tag still remains on my profile. lol

Made it back from another great trip a couple of weeks ago. Was happy to be able to say hi to Jimmy, Tammy and Casey and meet the rest of their lovely family while watching the Epcot fireworks. Then we all had the fun of discovery of the gigantic Epcot bathroom back by what I think of as the additional YTK celebration pavilion. Oh the memories one makes with Groupies! :teeth:
The Jambo GV was great and allowed the varying groups to hang out together with ease. Certainly nice for getting ready in the morning and winding down at night. What we were assigned was the exact last I would have requested but with only 6 of them and 1 being HA it's going to be hit or miss. Have stayed in one once before and got exactly the one requested so I'm still 50/50 on them. What we had was the Red River Hogs pen to the left and a Giraffee that liked to sleep off to the right every night. Main animal was a single Crane roaming that area and with the pop in of an occasional hoofed animal. The animal guides are not supplied in the rooms anymore and we kept forgetting to grab one from the lobby. It was the end GV and like a 5 mile walk to get to it so nobody was running back to get one either. :rotfl:
It's certainly a different sort of trip when you have the young ones along. This time at one point we had a 6, 5 and 3yo there, none being siblings, all only children. Oh that was so interesting to watch! Fun was had and everyone was talking about the next trip!

4 of us moved to BLT for 3 nights so I got to see the Lodge although did not stop there. Got over to FW via the returned Bay Lake boat service! Yay! So nice to have it back. Went to Hoop De Doo which was a lot of fun too. It had been a few years. The night we used the boats they were not operating it like in the past with 2 boats in opposite directions. They were going the same way and I will say it was nice to have it set up the previous way. Maybe that will eventually be brought back or maybe just a single night operation.

A few pictures:
Had arrival night at PVB. This was the next morning.
20231014_121433.jpg
20231014_121506.jpg
20231014_123045.jpg
20231014_201559.jpg
Caught Air Supply. It was my second time seeing them at F&W.

20231016_203355.jpg

20231016_215104.jpg
We also did the Moana attraction. Interesting but nobody thought it would need a repeat soon.

Last edited:
No, just me in a standard view studio. The other 5 split up into 2 Jambo studios but I was never able to pick up a 3rd one and didn't think I'd get a lot of sleep on a sleeper sofa with my 3yo grand niece so I went for my own separate studio at PVB. haha
Oh ok. I was thinking the B was for bungalow lol. We are staying at the Poly for the first time in January and I can't wait

Oh ok. I was thinking the B was for bungalow lol. We are staying at the Poly for the first time in January and I can't wait
Yeah, it's the most used abbreviation for DVC at Poly but does mean for the studios as well. I just didn't clarify. I've toured the Bungalows but the point requirements are more per night than the GV at some places and it's only 2 bedrooms!

Made it back from another great trip a couple of weeks ago. Was happy to be able to say hi to Jimmy, Tammy and Casey and meet the rest of their lovely family while watching the Epcot fireworks. Then we all had the fun of discovery of the gigantic Epcot bathroom back by what I think of as the additional YTK celebration pavilion. Oh the memories one makes with Groupies! :teeth:
KAT, It was great catching up, albeit, way too short of time! We walked all the way back towards MS after us departing only to make our way back to Norway to ride Frozen, a literal walk on. One of my nieces mentioned wanting to ride it rather than MS, and I was thinking, we could have done this while we were closer by :rotfl2:

We have to make plans for a less impromptu meet next time and have a longer meet

Yeah, it's the most used abbreviation for DVC at Poly but does mean for the studios as well. I just didn't clarify. I've toured the Bungalows but the point requirements are more per night than the GV at some places and it's only 2 bedrooms!
As long as I've been around I never knew that abbreviation I guess because never having stayed there I never paid attention. So what does the B stand for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter