Visit or not on a party day?

Steve19842015

Mouseketeer
Ugh, I’m second guessing myself on whether or not to go on a party day. I will be staying at a good neighbor hotel. I’m seeing a few days that would work with my plans to go for an 8am opening which would in theory give us from 7:30am-6pm if we decide on a party day for MK. We will have 5 days at the parks with my intention to double up on MK. I could always do one party and one non party?

We were n the MK 4 days in August. 2 party days and 2 non-party days. The 2 party day crowds were much lower than the non-party days.

I booked on a party day because I keep hearing the same but if we all do it won’t it be crowded?
Same here, really!
But then again, if only people who plan like us will do it, it's going to be fine. I guess most people are taken aback by the park time they "lose" by going on those days. Just a guess!

Same here, really!
But then again, if only people who plan like us will do it, it's going to be fine. I guess most people are taken aback by the park time they "lose" by going on those days. Just a guess!
We are morning people and would never make it until the fire works. Last time we got park hopper and were too pooped to hop. This time I’m planning to head back to the pool at like 3-4pm. It will just be hubby and me this time so we plan to hit the slow rides and enjoy more shows and just the whole experience rather than the rushing about, exhausting trips we took with the kids!

Kind of an add on question to this. We'll be in the parks next week and have 2 reservations for MK on party days specifically because we heard the crowds are much better. We also have hoppers so will go somewhere else in the evening.

Are the crowds so low that we could basically use G+ as a way to stack the second park instead of using for MK? Or should we consider using for MK up until a certain point in time, potentially based on how things are flowing? Just FYI, our main objective in the morning on these party days will be to secure Tron VQ. I should add that we're staying on site and will be there for the early morning hours as well. (getting in the bus line this upcoming Sunday at 6AM should be truly magical... hah)

Ugh, I’m second guessing myself on whether or not to go on a party day. I will be staying at a good neighbor hotel. I’m seeing a few days that would work with my plans to go for an 8am opening which would in theory give us from 7:30am-6pm if we decide on a party day for MK. We will have 5 days at the parks with my intention to double up on MK. I could always do one party and one non party?
FYI: Good Neighbor Hotels do NOT get early entry. Since you didn't say which hotel, I couldn't say if you get early entry OR if you are not in a Good Neighbor Hotel. Just didn't want you booked somewhere you expected perks that did not have it.

That said DS was just there Friday Party Day and they had great day. All 55 in their group got TRON and there was no lines outside like usual, Jungle Cruise was under 15 minutes, Speedway 5 minutes, at 4:30 Small World was walk on and he said the park was very enjoyable.

FYI: Good Neighbor Hotels do NOT get early entry. Since you didn't say which hotel, I couldn't say if you get early entry OR if you are not in a Good Neighbor Hotel. Just didn't want you booked somewhere you expected perks that did not have it.

That said DS was just there Friday Party Day and they had great day. All 55 in their group got TRON and there was no lines outside like usual, Jungle Cruise was under 15 minutes, Speedway 5 minutes, at 4:30 Small World was walk on and he said the park was very enjoyable.
Hilton Palace. It gets the early entry.

Hilton Palace. It gets the early entry.
Yes it does. It is not a Good Neighbor hotel it is an Official Walt Disney World® Hotel.

Always like to let readers know that the Good Neighbor hotels, of which there are many, do not get Disney perks. Read where people booked them, thinking they had perks, then were disappointed on arrival to not have them.

Yes it does. It is not a Good Neighbor hotel it is an Official Walt Disney World® Hotel.

Always like to let readers know that the Good Neighbor hotels, of which there are many, do not get Disney perks. Read where people booked them, thinking they had perks, then were disappointed on arrival to not have them.
Thank you! Still on the fence. I could do MK on a Friday which is my last day. Maybe I double
Up and genie plus also?

It's becoming more of a thing with guests coming to MK during party days for lower crowds. But 2 weeks ago, and every Sept. trip for the past several years, we always purposely try to schedule MK days on party days. Labor Day and the following Fri party days were awesome for us for wait times. We didn't buy G+, nor did we need it. But it was also early Sept., and we had park hopper.

Our next Aug. 2024 trip, we already bought base tickets - which is rare for us not having PH, but we will target attending MK on party days Tue/Fri that 3rd week of Aug. But here's my reasoning: we have a 6 mo. old that didn't allow us to stay late enough for fireworks anyhow 2 weeks ago. We only were able to stay until 6-8pm each night. Tue., the 1st party day, we will either do a last ride at 5:55pm plus dine/shop or leave for dinner at Rainforest at AK from MK. Fri, the 2nd party day, we will use the earlier back at hotel for packing for our last, flight day. The 2 earlier nights will serve as "break" days. And we will still have a 3rd day, full day at MK where if baby allows us, we will have a chance at fireworks.

It's becoming more of a thing with guests coming to MK during party days for lower crowds. But 2 weeks ago, and every Sept. trip for the past several years, we always purposely try to schedule MK days on party days. Labor Day and the following Fri party days were awesome for us for wait times. We didn't buy G+, nor did we need it. But it was also early Sept., and we had park hopper.

Our next Aug. 2024 trip, we already bought base tickets - which is rare for us not having PH, but we will target attending MK on party days Tue/Fri that 3rd week of Aug. But here's my reasoning: we have a 6 mo. old that didn't allow us to stay late enough for fireworks anyhow 2 weeks ago. We only were able to stay until 6-8pm each night. Tue., the 1st party day, we will either do a last ride at 5:55pm plus dine/shop or leave for dinner at Rainforest at AK from MK. Fri, the 2nd party day, we will use the earlier back at hotel for packing for our last, flight day. The 2 earlier nights will serve as "break" days. And we will still have a 3rd day, full day at MK where if baby allows us, we will have a chance at fireworks.
Yea my situation is having the ability to go to the parks next Sunday- Friday. We land on Saturday afternoon. I noticed that on Sundays and Fridays MK opens at 8am instead of 9am like Other days. So if I were to go on one of those days that’s an extra hour. We already had plans to
Double on MK with a rest day in between. So 1 park day for AK, HS and EP. Double on MK.

Kind of an add on question to this. We'll be in the parks next week and have 2 reservations for MK on party days specifically because we heard the crowds are much better. We also have hoppers so will go somewhere else in the evening.

Are the crowds so low that we could basically use G+ as a way to stack the second park instead of using for MK? Or should we consider using for MK up until a certain point in time, potentially based on how things are flowing? Just FYI, our main objective in the morning on these party days will be to secure Tron VQ. I should add that we're staying on site and will be there for the early morning hours as well. (getting in the bus line this upcoming Sunday at 6AM should be truly magical... hah)
I would play it by ear. If you get to the MK and it's busy enough to need LLs then use it there. If you find you don't need it, you can stack for your second park.

When we were there recently we used it in combination. At first we booked a harder to get LL (Frozen) for our second park (modified it to a later time as I was able) then at our next eligible time (10AM I believe) we started booking LLs that allowed us to ride attractions almost immediately in the MK and we would book - use, book - use, book - use. Even though the crowds weren't big in the MK, we still saved time using this method.

I will say, when we did this we had already visited our second park a couple of times so we were just trying to book Frozen as we hadn't ridden it yet that trip.

Note: Personally I always chose to purchase the PH option of Genie+ which allowed us to do that.

Yea my situation is having the ability to go to the parks next Sunday- Friday. We land on Saturday afternoon. I noticed that on Sundays and Fridays MK opens at 8am instead of 9am like Other days. So if I were to go on one of those days that’s an extra hour. We already had plans to
Double on MK with a rest day in between. So 1 park day for AK, HS and EP. Double on MK.
It would be tough for me personally to miss fireworks at MK but everyone is different. If that is important to you, you could do Sun (party day) & Wed (MK open 9-10, one of only 2 non party days that week) or Mon (the other full MK day) & Fri (party day). If you did the Sun & Wed MK, you could have Fri be AK since it's open earlier at 8am, also the least busiest park on the busiest day of your trip (Friday).

It would be tough for me personally to miss fireworks at MK but everyone is different. If that is important to you, you could do Sun (party day) & Wed (MK open 9-10, one of only 2 non party days that week) or Mon (the other full MK day) & Fri (party day). If you did the Sun & Wed MK, you could have Fri be AK since it's open earlier at 8am, also the least busiest park on the busiest day of your trip (Friday).
I’m a firework guy. But I would be ok with seeing it one night

I’m a firework guy. But I would be ok with seeing it one night
They've been doing some 8am open rather than 9am on some party days to tempt guests to still go to MK. For our recent stay earlier this month, they had 8am for party days late Aug., and then didn't expand our park hours, so they were still 9-6 at MK for Mon & Fri. Pretty tough to avoid party days when it's nearly every day for you.

Like I said, I personally like something like Sun MK, Mon. EP, Tue HS, Wed MK, Thurs off, Fri AK. Since Tue Wed are your likely lowest crowd days, having EP/HS, single visit parks there, especially HS that has only about 7 attractions that get congested quickly. EP uptick on weekends for the locals coming in for Food & Wine makes Mon selection just fine. AK is the least popular park that we always stick on the higher crowd days like Saturdays. And having the earlier 8am open for AK on your last park day, Fri... if your Thurs is your day off, you can go to the pool, Disney Springs, pack in the evening and get to bed earlier to get up early Fri.

They've been doing some 8am open rather than 9am on some party days to tempt guests to still go to MK. For our recent stay earlier this month, they had 8am for party days late Aug., and then didn't expand our park hours, so they were still 9-6 at MK for Mon & Fri. Pretty tough to avoid party days when it's nearly every day for you.

Like I said, I personally like something like Sun MK, Mon. EP, Tue HS, Wed MK, Thurs off, Fri AK. Since Tue Wed are your likely lowest crowd days, having EP/HS, single visit parks there, especially HS that has only about 7 attractions that get congested quickly. EP uptick on weekends for the locals coming in for Food & Wine makes Mon selection just fine. AK is the least popular park that we always stick on the higher crowd days like Saturdays. And having the earlier 8am open for AK on your last park day, Fri... if your Thurs is your day off, you can go to the pool, Disney Springs, pack in the evening and get to bed earlier to get up early Fri.
I like your suggestions. Another factor is Thursday will be my sons 8th birthday. I was really wanting to have his birthday at any park. I know some many variables. Lol. Now looking at weather. Not sure if I should take any of that under consideration. I know whether there can be crazy unpredictable. For reference, this will be our 4th time visiting with last March in 2022 being our last. Also to give you more context to maybe give me some more good info. It will just be 4 of us. Wife and daughter (13) and son (8). We are rope droppers. And usually stay until fireworks.

Maybe this?????

Sunday- MK-Party Day-Park Opens 8AM
Monday-HS
Tuesday-Off Day
Wednesday-MK-9AM-10PM
Thursday-Birthday-EP
Friday-AK-

We leave Saturday but not until 5pm.

Maybe this?????

Sunday- MK-Party Day-Park Opens 8AM
Monday-HS
Tuesday-Off Day
Wednesday-MK-9AM-10PM
Thursday-Birthday-EP
Friday-AK-

We leave Saturday but not until 5pm.
Sounds like a decent plan to me. You currently have afternoon rain chance for every day except Tue/Fri, but this time of year it's good to plan on rain chance every day and check in the am if you should bring a poncho. We were lucky in that the hurricane hit 3 days before arrival date and knocked out the rain from the system so that it didn't rain for us at all over 8 days, highly unusual in Sept. Low to mid 80's for you too, not scorching hot either, which is nice. We typically take ponchos plus sandals for days we don't want socks/shoes on if it's going to be torrential. But lately, with how much our feet hurt from standing/walking all day, we've just stuck with cushy running shoes. We don't really plan around weather at all since our park plans are typically set well in advance and we usually stick to them. I do prefer EP or MK in longer rainy weather though. I'm usually ok being holed up at the Land Pav riding Soarin' and Living with the Land over and over again, and places like Carousel of Progress, Monsters, and quick jogs between indoor attractions in the rain at MK vs. very few shelters at AK.

What's the plan for your day off? We usually don't have those, but in the past we've gone to a water park in the am, putt putt after, Disney Springs in evening for shopping/dinner. Occasionally a Cirque or movie at DS. Most recently we went to Fort Wilderness and did a Hoop Dee Doo dinner show. We sometimes just hang out at the Fort for the outdoor activities, campfire sing a long. There's nostalgia there for me, since all of my childhood trips were at the Fort when there were just MK & EP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter