Vintage resort pics?

I have photos of the inside of a Poly room circa early 70s...gotta get to my mom's and find them and then scan and upload. This thread is great!

Batktty, thank you for the photos! I wanted to compliment your Mom! You guys are all classicly attired but the rest of those patrons are on the "DON'T" list. LoL.

Haha! Yes, it seems that, thankfully, my mom was aware of how bad most of the 80s fashions actually were! I think I may have been too ashamed to post the picture if any of us were wearing anything too goofy. :laughing:

Very nice idea for a thread. My Mom like the ones of FW in the 70's. She went every year as a kid.

Sarah

We stayed in the Polynesian Resort on our first trip in 1976:

90546Polynesian_Resort_May_1976.jpg

Me on our patio:
90546Me_on_patio_at_Poly_May_1976.jpg

Me & my sister in the room:
90546Clare_Diane_at_Polynesian_May_1976.jpg

Me again:
90546Clare_at_Polynesian_May_1976.jpg

For those of us that were kids at the time, maybe this photo of the village will bring back memories.

1) the slide
2) our moms wearing poor color combinations.

:laughing::laughing:

Connor-166.jpg

Holy crap, the slide! What I remember most about that was that it was HOT-- stifling hot, no air inside the little structure and hot hot hot on the metal sliding board! Completely unusable, but cool looking! Thanks for that!

I wish I had a resort photo but I don't and I really want to share something so this is me in front of Goofy's Place in 1990.

1.jpg

For those of us that were kids at the time, maybe this photo of the village will bring back memories.

1) the slide
2) our moms wearing poor color combinations.

:laughing::laughing:

Connor-166.jpg

I cannot tell you how this picture takes me back!!! THAT is Lake Buena Vista...right there! The slide and the paddle boats you could rent. :thumbsup2 If you couldn't go to the MK, then the next best thing was Lake Buena Vista!

Amen.... I remember all of this... My first trip was in 1984 to the Polynesian Village... Man things were great!!! Love these pics!!!!

What was up with the wallpaper and drapes at the Poly. My Grandmother had wallpaper that was the same pattern as the drapes in her sewing room.:scared1:

Great pictures by the way!:thumbsup2

What was up with the wallpaper and drapes at the Poly. My Grandmother had wallpaper that was the same pattern as the drapes in her sewing room.:scared1:

Great pictures by the way!:thumbsup2

Lol, I know what you mean. When I saw that photo in the album, I thought it was some cheesy hotel we stayed in on the drive down to disney, but when I pulled it out and looked at the back, it said "Polynesian Resort" on it! :>I have a few other pictures from the 80s that have the same wallpaper and drapes, but a different headboard. I'll post them when I get a chance.

We stayed in the Polynesian Resort on our first trip in 1976:

Me on our patio:
90546Me_on_patio_at_Poly_May_1976.jpg

Here is me and my sister sitting on the Polynesian patio also. I think this was taken in 1978. My father is sitting in the room no doubt going over our game plan for the next day...
"Let's see we can go to the Magic Kingdom or the Magic Kingdom...."

f201df07.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter