Video Chat

That’s a change, since DS and I have both had DAS in the past. Can you explain what you mean by “a DAS holder cannot be listed on another person’s DAS party?”
It isn’t new. If 2 individuals in your party both have a DAS, neither can get a return time on the others’ DAS. So you can’t get a return time for Splash for the whole party while DS gets a return time for BTMR for the whole party. If everyone wants to ride Splash, both of you will need to get return times for it, possibly splitting the rest of your party. Then do the same for BTMR. You can all ride together, but it is 2 separate return times for each attraction.

Update.... after the computer rebooted. I had quickly gotten back onto Chrome, which did not close properly. Re-opened the queue message box at 10:12.
At 10:54, Raynette hopped on and initiated the video chat. We finished the chat and immediately at 11:11 I was chatting with Tanner. He sent me the same information form that Xala had sent before, but he immediately went into DAS-Advance selection mode. We selected all our attractions through our November 30 day, and we will need to contact back in a few days for the rest. I verified with Tanner that for the last few days of our trip (Dec 1-5), we would be doing some park hopping, and he confirmed that we would only be able to select for the park of our park pass prior to any hopping. Overall, done at 11:33 AM

I informed my TA about my progress today. She also uses DAS for her own son and was wondering what the process was like. She jokingly offered to borrow my son for when I get back into chat next Sunday for the selections for the final part of my trip! Given that he is officially registered, just as I believe that he should NOT be required to be on for final selections (the selections were NOT done on the video portion where he was needed - just via chat), my TA was wondering if finishing the DAS-Advance Selections was something that she could do on my behalf. I told her that I wasn't sure. But THAT scenario is just merely another question that arises for this process. Maybe...maybe not.

I am on day 2 - 6 hours yesterday then I got booted out due to a power surge here, tried again and had to stop after 2 more hours.

Today so far I am 5 hours in and I haven't had any type of response yet :(

Just finished our advance DAS selections. Started chat at 2;10, but CM didn't show til 2:40. Had already done Nov 26-29 on Friday.

Not sure why, but our CM went all the way out to Dec 3 for us. Finished around 3:05. At least we won't have to do this again unless we decide to rearrange our days again.

Just finished our advance DAS selections. Started chat at 2;10, but CM didn't show til 2:40. Had already done Nov 26-29 on Friday.

Not sure why, but our CM went all the way out to Dec 3 for us. Finished around 3:05. At least we won't have to do this again unless we decide to rearrange our days again.

Happy for you !

I must be doing something wrong - started at 11:30 and no response yet other than the thank you for contacting us blurb.... aahhhhh

Happy for you !

I must be doing something wrong - started at 11:30 and no response yet other than the thank you for contacting us blurb.... aahhhhh
The PP had already registered apparently and was just doing a planning chat for some additional advance selections not made previously. If you're waiting for the video chat, it can take MUCH longer. I hope you have at least filled out the form and are in queue for the video chat now, but you never know since it took someone else 11 hours the other day!

Happy for you !

I've heard on either this thread or another, that this is a pilot program until Nov 1. I've also noticed that several of the CM names mentioned have been the same, including those who I worked with today. That leads me to believe that this initial period has just a handful of CMs and using these experiences in a trial way before a full rollout Nov 1. That's my theory, whether it's accurate or not, the pieces seem to fit that way. If that is indeed the case, think about it like a dr office. Waiting room waits are ALWAYS shortest in the early morning, and then as patient visits get a little longer, the limited number of doctors can NEVER catch up to being on time for the later appointments. I would say that getting on first thing at 7am might be the best scenario. I had no luck at all waiting for hours and hours getting on after 3pm for 3 days straight. 7 am today and I was done around 11, with my first interaction before 10. Hopefully, soon, more CMs will be trained for the full rollout.

The PP had already registered apparently and was just doing a planning chat for some additional advance selections not made previously. If you're waiting for the video chat, it can take MUCH longer. I hope you have at least filled out the form and are in queue for the video chat now, but you never know since it took someone else 11 hours the other day!

Yup I figured that out after I posted :) I have not filled out any forms and had to stop for today.

Tomorrow I am stuck in the office all day anyway so I am planning on pulling out an old laptop to use while I work. xx fingers tomorrow is my day :)

I informed my TA about my progress today. She also uses DAS for her own son and was wondering what the process was like. She jokingly offered to borrow my son for when I get back into chat next Sunday for the selections for the final part of my trip! Given that he is officially registered, just as I believe that he should NOT be required to be on for final selections (the selections were NOT done on the video portion where he was needed - just via chat), my TA was wondering if finishing the DAS-Advance Selections was something that she could do on my behalf. I told her that I wasn't sure. But THAT scenario is just merely another question that arises for this process. Maybe...maybe not.
I doubt it

Hi guys. My daughter has an active DAS, just renewed in the park on 10/1 so I believe it's current through 12/1.
Are we eligible to go on the text chat to plan DAS advanced selections or do we need to wait for the video chat?

Update.... after the computer rebooted. I had quickly gotten back onto Chrome, which did not close properly. Re-opened the queue message box at 10:12.
At 10:54, Raynette hopped on and initiated the video chat. We finished the chat and immediately at 11:11 I was chatting with Tanner. He sent me the same information form that Xala had sent before, but he immediately went into DAS-Advance selection mode. We selected all our attractions through our November 30 day, and we will need to contact back in a few days for the rest. I verified with Tanner that for the last few days of our trip (Dec 1-5), we would be doing some park hopping, and he confirmed that we would only be able to select for the park of our park pass prior to any hopping. Overall, done at 11:33 AM

LOL

I had Raynette as well!

Raynette said just explain and when I hear a key word, I will let you know.

Okay this explains something that confused me.

I actually had two concerns (concern 2 was a result of concern 1) I explained 1 which I thought was the more severe issue but when I started in on concern 2 I didn't even finish before she said that I qualified. I was a little surprised that she stopped me explaining, but if she was just waiting for a keyword then that makes sense.

Okay this explains something that confused me.

I actually had two concerns (concern 2 was a result of concern 1) I explained 1 which I thought was the more severe issue but when I started in on concern 2 I didn't even finish before she said that I qualified. I was a little surprised that she stopped me explaining, but if she was just waiting for a keyword then that makes sense.
I had Raynette and she did the same to me. I didn't even get through fully explaining why I needed it and she was like, "You qualify!"

Just wondering if i am EVEN in a Que ... i started exactly 8 1/2 HOURS ago, all i am seeing is the swirling blue circle after i hit the blue rectangle saying" ready to live chat with a cast member "? NOTHING ELSE HAS APPEARED.. i PRAY i am at LEAST in Que, as i stated, its been over 8 hours. Also, the "chat box" on the right, keeps saying error or go back ... or even to sign in... IVE BEEN SIGNED IN ... so, i dont know WHATS GOING ON?? Anyone have the same issues?

Just wondering if i am EVEN in a Que ... i started exactly 8 1/2 HOURS ago, all i am seeing is the swirling blue circle after i hit the blue rectangle saying" ready to live chat with a cast member "? NOTHING ELSE HAS APPEARED.. i PRAY i am at LEAST in Que, as i stated, its been over 8 hours. Also, the "chat box" on the right, keeps saying error or go back ... or even to sign in... IVE BEEN SIGNED IN ... so, i dont know WHATS GOING ON?? Anyone have the same issues?
I hope you were able to get a chat. After you hit the blue rectangle, the chat box should appear to the right along with a start button (just type start and enter if you had a previous chat and the start button doesn't appear). After you hit the start button, you should get an automated response confirming you are in queue. This is the queue for the first portion of the chat where a CM will send you a form to fill out and then that CM will send you to the next queue for the video chat with a different CM. You should get another automated message when you enter the second queue as well. It took me 4 days and 4 different devices to finally get it all done. Recently, more people have been discussing their issues with the video chat on the Summary of DAS changes thread if you want to see what other people are suggesting there. I wish you good luck if you haven't been successful yet!

Wondering if anyone has tried getting two DAS during one chat? 15yo and 13yo both need DAS. Not sure if I can handle waiting all day, twice, just to register. 15yo has a random day off school within our window to pre-register, so we'll try for them that day hoping the traffic will be less. But with the 13yo in school and in activities/therapies after school every day, that leave just the weekend. I would keep 13yo home from school if I can do it all in one call.
I haven't read any reports of this situation, but I would think they could do both on the same call. I'd think it might create a challenge if done separately, because a DAS-holder cannot be listed on another person's DAS party and that will also directly impact the Advanced Selections. Please report back how it works for you.

I emailed Disney Disability Services since I have some time before we need to start attempting the video chat. They confirmed via email that only one video chat was needed for both of my minor children, as long as both could be present together. I forgot to ask about our soon to be 18yo, but I will help her with a separate chat if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter