Video Chat

Our next trip is not till January, Sending positive thoughts for good results.

When I opened the chat it showed me the previous message that I needed to try again today at 7am, even though it was past 7am - I needed to type "start" again to get into the queue, just an FYI incase this happens to anyone else. The weird thing is it didn't ask me the 3 questions about my dates, dates I'm in the park and names - it just said "Thank you for contacting us via Messaging! A Cast Member will be with you as soon as they become available." ... So hopefully I'm in the queue? This system doesn't really give you a good indication of what is going on.

When I opened the chat it showed me the previous message that I needed to try again today at 7am, even though it was past 7am - I needed to type "start" again to get into the queue, just an FYI incase this happens to anyone else. The weird thing is it didn't ask me the 3 questions about my dates, dates I'm in the park and names - it just said "Thank you for contacting us via Messaging! A Cast Member will be with you as soon as they become available." ... So hopefully I'm in the queue? This system doesn't really give you a good indication of what is going on.
I got the same thing no 3 questions

After 4.5 hours yesterday trying to register for DAS. I’m trying again. Hopefully better luck today. Who’s with me?
We are! We waited 7 hours yesterday! We arrive tomorrow night so I hope it is not too late! Our first park day is the 15th. We have now been waiting again for over an hour! Let us know if you get through.

Surprised that even at 7am the wait has been over an hour so far. I wonder how many CMs they have doing this and how many people are requesting DAS? At some point I need to get ready for work and then hop on some meetings - I'm sure it will be when I'm in the shower that someone comes on to chat with me - and then I'll have to go back to the end of the line again ... ugh.

2 Hours and counting...
It’s peculiar that some people seem to get through so relatively quickly on their first try, and others like you are made to wait hours. Could be something related to your IP? Have you tried a VPN maybe, and hide your location?

It’s peculiar that some people seem to get through so relatively quickly on their first try, and others like you are made to wait hours. Could be something related to your IP? Have you tried a VPN maybe, and hide your location?

I haven't seen reports of ANYONE getting through yet, let alone quickly. Where have you seen that?

I got through at about 7:30am Central, after having many issues even getting the "Request Live Chat" button to activate. The chat and video call took about 40 minutes! The cast member was super nice, however, she was learning the process also, and some of the screens on her end weren't loading properly. She had to mute me at one point and received assistance from a colleague. My trip is next week, 10/20--10/24. I now have two advanced DAS reservations for each of the four days of my park reservations (10/21--10/24). Pleased overall.

Last edited:

How long is relatively quickly - and where have you seen confirmation of people getting through quick if you don't mind me asking? I've been waiting since 7:03am, probably 3 minutes too slow lol.

I got through at about 7:30am Central, after having many issues even getting the "Request Live Chat" button to activate. The chat and video call took about 40 minutes! The cast member was super nice, however, she was learning the process also, and some of the screens on her end weren't loading properly. She had to mute me at one point and received assistance from a colleague. My trip is next week, 10/20--10/24. I now have two advanced DAS reservations for the four days of my park reservations (10/21--10/24). Pleased overall.

What time did you start waiting?

I tried to get on this morning at about 7:45 AM Eastern time. I was unable to connect until around 803 Eastern time. Been waiting 1.5 hours.

I waited three hours last night, and never got through. Today, as soon as the button activated for me (around 7:30 central) , i got through immediately. Luck of the draw . . . On my iPad.

That is lucky! I don't understand why I've been waiting for nearly 2.5 hours now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter