Victoria & Albert’s awarded MICHELIN Star

Owned by Disney, yes! And the first owned by any theme park.

As far as on property, there’s Capa at Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World. They have maintained MICHELIN status since 2022.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/four-seasons/capa/
Michelin Stars were first awarded for Florida restaurants with the 2022 publication of the Guide. At that time V&A had not yet reopened post-Covid, so no chance for it to be evaluated.

And Israel Perez was recognized as the 2024 MICHELIN Guide Florida Service Award Winner!

Congratulations, Israel! 🎉

Israel is fabulous, CONGRATS to him and all of the staff at V&A

I remember on one our dinners at V&A we had done the wine pairing and it was a beer instead of wine, it was so yummy.
Imagine when they had that same pairing a few months later when we returned, I asked Israel if he knew where in Pennsylvania he said let me go check 10 min later he came back with an unopened bottle in a bag. I said how much do we owe for the bottle he replied nothing.
I'm still shocked 10+ years later that he gave us a bottle of beer(it was the size of a standard bottle of wine, 750ml).

Oh I finally found that beer in my area...YAY

Michelin Stars were first awarded for Florida restaurants with the 2022 publication of the Guide. At that time V&A had not yet reopened post-Covid, so no chance for it to be evaluated.

Correct for 2022. However, for 2023, V&A was evaluated by inspectors and added to the guide (along with Toledo). Many felt they got snubbed.

https://guide.michelin.com/us/en/article/dining-out/michelin-guide-orlando-new-additions-restaurants

Israel is fabulous, CONGRATS to him and all of the staff at V&A

I remember on one our dinners at V&A we had done the wine pairing and it was a beer instead of wine, it was so yummy.
Imagine when they had that same pairing a few months later when we returned, I asked Israel if he knew where in Pennsylvania he said let me go check 10 min later he came back with an unopened bottle in a bag. I said how much do we owe for the bottle he replied nothing.
I'm still shocked 10+ years later that he gave us a bottle of beer(it was the size of a standard bottle of wine, 750ml).

Oh I finally found that beer in my area...YAY

Wow, what an amazing gift!! You will forever have a memory connected to that beer. Thank you sharing ☺️ I remember the first time we went, Israel was the first to greet us. Such a nice guy!

Btw, does anyone know if the married couple Jack and Sherry came back? We haven’t been back (yet) since reopening.

I know during closure many were sent temporarily to various Disney restaurants. We ran into one prior to reopening. She was so excited to return, but said Executive Chef Amy retired and returned to PR, so Sous Chef Matthew would be stepping into the role. I was happy to see Israel return.

Also, for those of us who had the chance to dine at V&A under Chef Hunnel and Chef Amy :cloud9:

Last edited:

Wow, what an amazing gift!! You will forever have a memory connected to that beer. Thank you sharing ☺️ I remember the first time we went, Israel was the first to greet us. Such a nice guy!

Btw, does anyone know if the married couple Jack and Sherry came back? We haven’t been back (yet) since reopening.

I know during closure many were sent temporarily to various Disney restaurants. We ran into one prior to reopening. She was so excited to return, but said Executive Chef Amy retired and returned to PR, so Sous Chef Matthew would be stepping into the role. I was happy to see Israel return.

Also, for those of us who had the chance to dine at V&A under Chef Hunnel and Chef Amy :cloud9:
Yes it was. I'm guessing it was because we took a bunch of short trips and made a point to dine there every trip (sometimes twice if was a long trip) but that was because they took the TIW.

Their Food & Wine Festival special dinners were fantabulous.

I remember Jack & Sherry they were great, I thought they retired or was that Diane, the hostess?

I remember Israel Perez from when he worked at the Contemporary prior to moving to the GF. I can completely understand why he received his award. Congratulations to him and the entire V&A team! 🥳

A favorite of ours, its a must go to on every one of our visits and Congrats to Israel for his Star for great service, always remembers us and makes us feel so comfortable

I have been there several times and honestly, V&A is Michelin 2-Star caliber and I feel this is a great honor, but it is far superior to the other 1-stars in Orlando. Hopefully, they get upgraded next year.
Completely agree! We last dined there in August, and we had been to Per Se, a 3-Star, the month before. V&A blew it out of the water. I really thought they’d get the 2 Star.

Only since 2023. The Michelin Guide didn’t start rating Florida restaurants until 2022, at which time V&A was still in its post-Covid hiatus. V&A received a mention in the 2023 edition, but no Michelin star yet.
Was it really only 2022? I thought they had given mentions earlier.

The food and experience at Per Se is far superior to V & A's in my family's opinion. The interior is not fantasy but modern elegance- a plus for us.

I respect the opinion of those that feel differently and certainly congratulate V & A's on their star.

I’m hoping to go in November on my next longer trip to Disney. I’ve been to 21 Michelin star rated restaurants (including four Three Star Michelin restaurants like The French Laundry and Le Bernardin) so I’m anxious to see how it measures up as not all Michelin Star restaurants are created equal.

That said … This is very exciting for Disney and I hope they can continue to keep up the tough service and food quality standards.

It was Walt’s dream to have a Disney restaurant earn stars (a friend’s Dad knew Walt and he was consulted on this aspiration for “the Florida project” way back when) so this feels so lovely for another step in Walt’s legacy continuing to unfold years after his death.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter