VGF current incentives for UK buyers

Ominaomi

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We currently have a 175 SSR Dec UY resale contact we bought during covid. We are now looking at adding on 150 direct at VGF in Sept whilst we are out in WDW. Initially I had been looking at smaller resale contracts around 75 points at CCV, VGF or just adding more SSR as this was better for us financially at the minute however with the current incentives is it too good of a deal to pass up buying direct? I feel this is our one opportunity to buy direct at VGF (our favourite resort) before we are either priced out completely or the minimum direct points increases further.

We would need to use Disney finance for around 70% of the cost but only for two years until we remortgage and will then move it over the the UK at a much lower rate.

The current incentives for VGF @ $183pp and we can rent our 2022 points next year further reducing the cost too approximately $167pp. We would obviously lose some savings using DF with the 12% international interest rate 😅.

Has anyone from the UK bought into VGF recently using the current incentives? is it really worth it for international buyers or am I just suffering from FOMO 🫤.

Just thought I would create this as a discussion point really for us UK DVC owners as there is much chatter about it elsewhere on the forums.

Last edited:
Hi,

We currently have a 175 SSR Dec UY resale contact we bought during covid. We are now looking at adding on 150 direct at VGF in Sept whilst we are out in WDW. Initially I had been looking at smaller resale contracts around 75 points at CCV, VGF or just adding more SSR as this was better for us financially at the minute however with the current incentives is it too good of a deal to pass up buying direct? I feel this is our one opportunity to buy direct at VGF (our favourite resort) before we are either priced out completely or the minimum direct points increases further.

We would need to use Disney finance for around 70% of the cost but only for two years until we remortgage and will then move it over the the UK at a much lower rate.

The current incentives for VGF @ $183pp and we can rent our 2022 points next year further reducing the cost too approximately $167pp. We would obviously lose some savings using DF with the 12% international interest rate 😅.

Has anyone from the UK bought into VGF recently using the current incentives? is it really worth it for international buyers or am I just suffering from FOMO 🫤.

Just thought I would create this as a discussion point really for us UK DVC owners as there is much chatter about it elsewhere on the forums.
I wouldn’t regard the rental market as a sure thing. Over the last few years things have changed considerably and renting is not as easy as it was.

Last edited:
Hi,

Hey!

We are in a similar position - from the UK, looking to buy direct at GF. We have an up coming trip in Aug so will be looking to purchase whilst there. We've just remortgaged to give us the additional cash to be able to buy without their finance.

I can't seem to find much information about what incentives are allowed for non US residents. I've seen the latest sales chart doing the rounds, which would cost us $28,965 for 150 points. But the chart includes promotions that we aren't sure if we qualify for or not.

If you have any further advice, it would be deeply appreciated! :D

Hey!

We are in a similar position - from the UK, looking to buy direct at GF. We have an up coming trip in Aug so will be looking to purchase whilst there. We've just remortgaged to give us the additional cash to be able to buy without their finance.

I can't seem to find much information about what incentives are allowed for non US residents. I've seen the latest sales chart doing the rounds, which would cost us $28,965 for 150 points. But the chart includes promotions that we aren't sure if we qualify for or not.

If you have any further advice, it would be deeply appreciated! :D
How many points are you interesting in buying? if your a DVC member already I can send you the figures we were given in June. I would attach the document but its won't let me.
The only incentive we aren't eligible for is the magical beginnings, where Disney buy back a years worth of points.

Could you elaborate on this a little more?
It’s taking a lot longer to rent some points than before. Previously it could take only a few hours, now it can take months. Who knows what the future will hold.
Best to assume worst case scenario and that it may not be possible to rent points.

Ahhh ok, I was thinking maybe the process to rent them out had somehow become more difficult.

That’s really surprising given how marketable renting DVC points is. I also feel like many influencers and vloggers talk about it now, so awareness of the program is higher. You’d think that would translate to higher demand, as well. I wonder why the opposite is currently happening 🤔

Hi,
This is the current pricing I was sent last week for UK purchases. I also got $1000 off because I had a cash booking in December. Also they allowed me to bank the 2022 August UY points.

I hope this helps! Good luck with it :)

Attachments

• GrandFloridian_Prospect_DeveloperCredit_CashOnly.pdf
    284.8 KB · Views: 23

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter