Vero Beach Adoration & Information Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoy reading this thread.

Great pics and videos Maria. Glad DD is enjoying college. How is mom doing?

To postesf and anyone else who may be in Fla, here's some pixiedust: to keep away those nasty storms. IKE IKE go away.....

We are hoping to spend a week at VB next Aug for our first time. Hope I can get it at the 7 month mark

We had reservations this past June (Father's Day '08). I had to cancel since we ended out not making the trip, but they were still serving it. You may want to try and call again (unless others have heard it is gone as well) - not that I don't believe you, but when I made my reservations I too was told there was no breakfast at Sonya's only dinner and I had to specifically tell the CM that it is only on Sunday and it's the Sunday Brunch, and then she found it. I hope it's not gone as well, we loved it when we went in June '07 and hope to get back there again someday!

We had reservations this past June (Father's Day '08). I had to cancel since we ended out not making the trip, but they were still serving it. You may want to try and call again (unless others have heard it is gone as well) - not that I don't believe you, but when I made my reservations I too was told there was no breakfast at Sonya's only dinner and I had to specifically tell the CM that it is only on Sunday and it's the Sunday Brunch, and then she found it. I hope it's not gone as well, we loved it when we went in June '07 and hope to get back there again someday!

Maybe I'll try calling the resort. MS said it has been gone for 2-3 years which I thought was strange since the last menue was for may 07

It was definitely there in June - I had canceled our room in May, but forgot about the brunch until only about a week before we were to be there and it was still there then. Calling the resort directly is a good idea, they will be able to let you know if it still exists or not.

Just want to let you know how much I enjoy reading this thread.

Great pics and videos Maria. Glad DD is enjoying college. How is mom doing?

I enjoy this thread as well ! I think we might be spending more time at VB in the near future because of proximity to dd's college.

Mom is hanging in there mickeymorse.....thanks for asking. Some days better than others. Can't deny I do miss her ! But we talk every day...if not on the phone then on the computer.

Thanks Isayd. I have my brunch reservation for Oct. I wonder how much business they are losing because of MS and their misinformation. Either way I am happy for my friends at disboards. I can always count on you. :) My thoughts with everyone during the next batch on hurricanes coming up.

This is sooo cool.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...&scene=17557569&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

I saw Doc using these maps and now I am addicted.

When you go to aerial view and zoom out some you see that the piece of property across the street is huge. I wonder if DVC owns the whole square?

Edit: Try rotating the picture (in birdseye view) and look at the resort from the ocean. You can see exactly which buildings have good views.

Hi everyone.

We will be at Vero Beach November 16th thru 18th. We have two daughters 5 and 2. I was just wondering if anyone else will be there at that time with kids around that age. My 5 year old especially would like a playmate her own age.

Happy to help - glad you got your reservation! Hopefully the food is the same as last year, it was great! Enjoy!!

Rob, You can get really addicted to those maps, they are very cool. I followed the jungle trail all the way to Sebastien inlet state park. Anyone know how far that is. Would love to rent bikes and ride there. TIA

Rob, You can get really addicted to those maps, they are very cool. I followed the jungle trail all the way to Sebastien inlet state park. Anyone know how far that is. Would love to rent bikes and ride there. TIA

You're right! I am addicted. I've been looking at all the resorts and spending way too much time doing it.

Very Excited! Just booked my first stay at VB for 4/8-4/12, then will move onto OKW until 4/15. We are staying in a GV Inn Room (to save some points). I need to call back on 4/12 to book the OKW portion of the trip. I have a DS (14) and DD (9). Any recommendations for specific location would be great. Can't wait to check out VB and just relax! 211 days to go!!!!!

Hi Kim !

wel_ani3Tay-1.gif
to the VB thread.

You have a good amount of time to plan, so I suggest reading this entire thread (particularily the first couple of pages where there is a ton of info and links). I just recently stayed in a GV Inn room last month and I've posted photos on page 50 of this thread. For size and lots of windows to let light in, my room was terrific. For the view----just so-so. Our balcony faced the parking lot/building 12 and was directly above the entrance to the parking garage. But not all rooms are as big as the one we got. We got a corner L-shaped room and I swear we could throw a party in the kitchenette area. We were on the 2nd floor. I think if we had been in the 3rd or 4th floor we would have had a glimpse of the ocean. The 4th floor is great for the location to the laundry (which we had some issues with !!!). There is only 1 laundry room and it's on the 4th floor. It has 3 washers and either 6 or 8 dryers (can anyone help me here....having a brain fog). I'm thinking 8 ?

So anyway....the Garden View rooms that face the front of the resort, overlook the check-in area and if you are on the 3rd/4th floor, you'll most likely see the lake across the street from the resort. When I was doing my wash, I would go out on the balcony in the laundry room and I thought it was a pretty nice view for GV points. I *believe* the garden view rooms face either the front of the resort, or the side I was on which faced building 12. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Because the other side faces the pool and does have a view of the ocean ?

You can see the resort map here :
http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/VeroBeachMap.pdf

And just to add....has anyone else had issues with this ?
People doing their wash and leaving their clothes in the washer/dryer for HOURS ! I literally timed some of them because there is such a competition for the washers/dryers at times. I went to the lobby and spoke to a CM who stated she would put up a sign for guests to remove their clothing in a timely fashion (within 30-45 min would be nice). Some days it literally took me 4-5 hours to do ONE load of laundry because of having to wait for people to come back and get their clothes out of the washer/dryer. On one occasion, after waiting close to an hour, I removed a person's clothes from the washer and put them on the table in the room. When I returned to retrieve my clothes, the man confronted me in a very nasty way. I had left his clothes as neat as I could with a note that said I waited an hour for him to return. He told me it was a pretty "rude" thing I did to remove his clothes. This incident is what prompted me to go to the lobby. There were times that I was on time constraints as we were at VB primarily for moving my dd into college and had almost a week of orientation/meetings. So he thought I was rude for removing his clothes, but didn't think he was at all rude for not coming to take them out of the washer (when there are only 3).
Anyway....I feel people need to be more respectful of others in using the laundry room.
Ok...off my soapbox now !
smiley-soapbox.gif
:rotfl: ;)

People doing their wash and leaving their clothes in the washer/dryer for HOURS ! I literally timed some of them because there is such a competition for the washers/dryers at times. I went to the lobby and spoke to a CM who stated she would put up a sign for guests to remove their clothing in a timely fashion (within 30-45 min would be nice). Some days it literally took me 4-5 hours to do ONE load of laundry because of having to wait for people to come back and get their clothes out of the washer/dryer. On one occasion, after waiting close to an hour, I removed a person's clothes from the washer and put them on the table in the room. When I returned to retrieve my clothes, the man confronted me in a very nasty way. I had left his clothes as neat as I could with a note that said I waited an hour for him to return. He told me it was a pretty "rude" thing I did to remove his clothes. This incident is what prompted me to go to the lobby. There were times that I was on time constraints as we were at VB primarily for moving my dd into college and had almost a week of orientation/meetings. So he thought I was rude for removing his clothes, but didn't think he was at all rude for not coming to take them out of the washer (when there are only 3).
Anyway....I feel people need to be more respectful of others in using the laundry room.
smiley-soapbox.gif

:rotfl: :rotfl: Ha! I had the same thing happen at VB....after 2 hrs. of the same laundry in the washer,I too took them out and put them on the counter. Whats with 3 washers and 6 dryers anyway? So, when I went back to put mine in the dryer, the lady gave me a big ole stare down. Had she chose to say actual words to me, well lets just say it would not have been pretty!!:eek: (Never get an Italian mad!) So we both just co-existed in the laundry room.:3dglasses

smiley-soapbox.gif

Well... a couple days ago I complained (on another thread) about twice going to the washers this last summer at VB and finding all three washers in use at the exact same place in the cycle (one person using all the washers simultaneously). I wasn't exactly pummeled, but I was THE ONLY ONE who felt it was wrong to do that. I waited all day for someone to come along and agree with me..... :sad2:

On the other hand everyone agreed that it is wrong to not get your clothes out of the washer in a timely fashion. Sooo.... I agree with you, but even if I didn't I wouldn't say so. :sad2:

I like your soapbox animation... I'm snatching a copy.

finding all three washers in use at the exact same place in the cycle (one person using all the washers simultaneously). I wasn't exactly pummeled, but I was THE ONLY ONE who felt it was wrong to do that. I waited all day for someone to come along and agree with me.....
I must have missed that thread Rob.....because if I had read it, I would most assuredly have sided with you ! In fact, on another day at VB, I came in to drop a load of clothes in. There was a woman about to use a second washer---she already had one going. She saw me, and said, "here you can have it". I was most appreciative and made sure I got my clothes out the minute it stopped. The washer cycle is about 30-35 min---I timed it. So I do not feel it's considerate or fair to take up all 3 washers. And BWV....I'm sure we're all not the only ones with these issues. In fact, that guy and I did end up meeting up in the laundry room and once in the elevator. Talk about some tense silence.....:rotfl:
I told the CM at VB that I could see this being an ongoing problem.

And glad u liked my soapbox icon Rob---have fun using that to vent !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter