vee & jay's pj *~*i'm baaack*~*

Omg you are just the cutest thing! Congrats...and that puppy of yours:rotfl: too cute!!

Love love love your ring...totally my style, but not dbf's budget :) That david's dress is also very pretty!

Your too funny Veronica! I think you will look amazing in the dres, post a pic of you in it pretty pleasssse! And I have a Cuban booty so I can totally understand that issue with dresses lol!

I am so not a fan of uppity bridal salon people, one of my BM's is getting married and we had to get our dresses for her wedding at one of those salons... I felt like yelling at them "I am about to spend a lot of money on this dress, at least acknowledge my existance!!!" It was so obnoxious! There was a lady at the counter next to me who was throwing a fit about how she was canceling her daugters wedding dress, her MOB dress and all the BM dresses because of their customer service... not a pretty sight. The poor bride was on the verge of tears... I felt bad that she was going through that for sure

Omg you are just the cutest thing! Congrats...and that puppy of yours:rotfl: too cute!!

Love love love your ring...totally my style, but not dbf's budget :) That david's dress is also very pretty!

Thank youu, Mandy, you're so sweet!!!

Your too funny Veronica! I think you will look amazing in the dres, post a pic of you in it pretty pleasssse! And I have a Cuban booty so I can totally understand that issue with dresses lol!

I am so not a fan of uppity bridal salon people, one of my BM's is getting married and we had to get our dresses for her wedding at one of those salons... I felt like yelling at them "I am about to spend a lot of money on this dress, at least acknowledge my existance!!!" It was so obnoxious! There was a lady at the counter next to me who was throwing a fit about how she was canceling her daugters wedding dress, her MOB dress and all the BM dresses because of their customer service... not a pretty sight. The poor bride was on the verge of tears... I felt bad that she was going through that for sure

i knoww -- i can't understand why some of them have to act that way!! if i ever come across one of those types of assistants again, i'll gladly sit on them with this asian ba donk a donk :rolleyes1 hehehehe

And here's a question, my dress has a laced up back -- I got a slight problem on how i'm gonna get that sucker tied up on the big day....has anyone been in a similar situation?

OK, so last weekend i went dress hunting. Did the usual bridal salon hopping bit (went to 5 independent ones), and then stopped over at David's Bridal.

I gotta say I was so intimidated by those bridal salons and some of the associates in there -- the uppity types. it's not like i went into Kleinfelds or anything (Say Yes to the Dress), and some of these ladies were a bit intimidating. I mean, come on, if you want me to buy your product, at least be nice -- maybe they were just having a hard day :confused3

But anyway, after the hunt through the uppity forrest of tall skinny salon assistants all dressed in black, and the endless number of dresses -- puffy skirts, heart-shaped necklines, and a sea of white that drowned me out -- my mom and i made our way over to David's Bridal.

And i know it's not high end, and they're less expensive than most, but i do have a budget, and, most importantly, i did love the dress -- it's the same one i posted earlier with the ribbon down the back: http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?langId=-1&catalogId=10051&storeId=10052&catentryId=1000073

So i took pics of it and all the other 347 dresses i tried on...however... my chubby...uh, i mean voluptu-bust asian bootay did not make for a pretty picture. Sooo...let the wedding diet commence. Your support is greatly appreciated :goodvibes hahahaha

love the dress hun... And I am sure that it will look stunning on you....

love the dress hun... And I am sure that it will look stunning on you....

Thanks Jen!!

Sorry I haven't been updating in a long long time, ladies, but i will have stories for you as soon as i get through this organization phase...

I will be back!! :wizard:

ohhh I love stories! Oh and make sure you PM me your address so I can send you the pins:goodvibes! I remembered all by myself, I'm a little bit proud:laughing:

LOL -- i hope you guys are having fun...we all miss you on the boards already, girl!!

Stories (and pics) coming up soon

Hey V!

Sorry i havent posted for a longgg time! those dresses you had in mind are really nice, you must show us some photos of you trying them on. Your doggy is just too cute its wrong! i cant believe the outfits- you are a bad influence on me- i really really want a Morkie and a PUG!!! you make me want to get one!! or both tehehe

I want to see photos and i want to read stories - post sooooooooon :yay:

I have the pins for you and I will send them out this week (once I can get to the Post Office lol) I was determined to remember to get them too, I made Dave remind me lol!

Hey V!

Sorry i havent posted for a longgg time! those dresses you had in mind are really nice, you must show us some photos of you trying them on. Your doggy is just too cute its wrong! i cant believe the outfits- you are a bad influence on me- i really really want a Morkie and a PUG!!! you make me want to get one!! or both tehehe

I want to see photos and i want to read stories - post sooooooooon :yay:

STACE!! ohhh boyy -- you should totally get a morkie AND a pug!!! Just for what they're called!! :rotfl:
They're sooooo cute!!! and such affectionate little doggies!!

i'll post soon! with LOTS of pictures! just gotta get thru a little drama first, but no worries, things are clearing up :upsidedow

I miss my DISgirls!!!

I have the pins for you and I will send them out this week (once I can get to the Post Office lol) I was determined to remember to get them too, I made Dave remind me lol!

Thank you soooo mucho, Sam!! you and Dave are the BEST!! here's a gigantor HUG :hug:

YAY! i love ya, girl!!!

ooh noo.. no drama! i dont like dramas! i hope everything is okay with you :)

i see you are online... does that mean you are going to post some piccys - im impatient v! :cool1:

anyways, i hope you are okay!

OK, so FINALLY, i have some news...

First, the good news:
we set a date!! :cheer2:
So get ready to party it up down in sunny Florida in *drumroll please* February 2011 (we're pretty flexible for almost any weekend)

holy guacamole, that feels like such a loooooong loooong time from now -- but i'm glad we got something scheduled (now i gotta go to church and light a candle every single day until Feb next year, so that we get a date that we want when we make the infamous call) *there's no candle-lighting emoticon, so, insert one here*

Thank goodness we were able to pinpoint that important little factor. whew.
Took a loong time to decide, especially since Jay's still in school -- but since he should be graduating this December, that'll give us a year to buckle down and plan like mad! Oh i can't wait to get elbow deep in disney wedding planning!

More good news (well, nervous, anticipating news):
i'm a part-time instructor at Stony Brook University, and for the last 6 months i've been working on a course proposal for a graduate course that i want to teach. I finally finished it this weekend, and handed it in for review to The Committee :eek: So, i'm crazy nervous. But here's the cool part -- the title of the course i proposed is... Disney Magic and the American Dream: Understanding Contemporary American History through Disney Animated Film
:rotfl: how awesome is that??
So hopefully they'll approve it -- i'm keeping my fingers crossed -- and keep you posted. It should be offered online, so if anyone wants to take a college course on Disney & US History let me know :goodvibes

Now go out there and light candles for me :laughing: just keeeding just keeding.

But now for the bad news (well, not so good news) -- the drama...ex drama.
A girl that jay dated a while back who, shall we say, is a little on the crazy obsessed side has tried contacting him again. We think it's cuz she found out that we got engaged, and she's now devastated. But thankfully, after a few weeks of drama, it's finally stopped *YAY*
And I can update this PJ much more often :cutie:

In the meantime -- i'm signing up for pilates classes and yoga classes so i can fit into that dress!

ooh noo.. no drama! i dont like dramas! i hope everything is okay with you :)

i see you are online... does that mean you are going to post some piccys - im impatient v! :cool1:

anyways, i hope you are okay!

Thanks, Stace!! drama does suck -- thank goodness it's ran its course, and we don't have to deal with that anymore *YAY* -- on to bigger wonderful disney wedding things!!

Ok so many exciting things today!

1st congrats on the date! I am Feb 2010 so I will do my best to report on Feb related things for you after the wedding lol!

2nd I love that course! If it gets approved and I take and I going to get an automatic A :lmao:! I will def keep em crossed for you!

and 3rd Eww to drama, glad it's done. Now it's time to plan your DFTW! Any ideas on where or what type yet (Wishes, Escape?)

Dont worry about the drama ... dramas happen all the time.. keep stong! At least its sorted now, you have better things to have dramas about (goshhh what colour flowers do i want!? what hairstyle am i going to have!!?) hehe!!

Feb 2011!!!! thats just 3months after my wedding! wooohoooo!!! honestly, it seems far away but it isnt!!!

OOOH that course sounds too good - i might just have to take you up on that offer of taking the course..!

Ah yoga. I cant do that. It hurts too much!! Good for you though! :thumbsup2

Ok so many exciting things today!

1st congrats on the date! I am Feb 2010 so I will do my best to report on Feb related things for you after the wedding lol!

2nd I love that course! If it gets approved and I take and I going to get an automatic A :lmao:! I will def keep em crossed for you!

and 3rd Eww to drama, glad it's done. Now it's time to plan your DFTW! Any ideas on where or what type yet (Wishes, Escape?)

oh gosh we're so nervous about the date -- i hope we get it. Was the lottery as scary as it seems? And do i call first thing in the morning? and how flexible should we be with the exact dates? We're hoping to have the ceremony on a Monday or maybe Tuesday, using the weekend to go around the parks with friends and family, then lead everything up to the ceremony.

And i have a huge-mongous family (jay, not so much) -- dunno that they'll all be coming, but we're looking at a guestlist of at least 150 ppl total i think. :scared1: So, i guess that makes this one a Wishes Wedding :)

Dont worry about the drama ... dramas happen all the time.. keep stong! At least its sorted now, you have better things to have dramas about (goshhh what colour flowers do i want!? what hairstyle am i going to have!!?) hehe!!

Feb 2011!!!! thats just 3months after my wedding! wooohoooo!!! honestly, it seems far away but it isnt!!!

OOOH that course sounds too good - i might just have to take you up on that offer of taking the course..!

Ah yoga. I cant do that. It hurts too much!! Good for you though! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: let's see, flowers -- yellow peach roses (i dunno how much more it costs with disney floral and their hidden mickey and crystal things)

hair -- that's a BIGGIE! currently my hair is long (like down to my bum, long)and did i mention that it's also Blonde? hahahaha now i love my blonde hair very very very much, but, i should also mention that i'm asian :laughing:

sooo....i'm contemplating putting it back to its natural dark brown color (uhmm..with a couple stray greays here and there hehehe), but i'm definitely going to leave it down -- well, half-up, with ringlets :)

AND, about that course -- i'm planning to offer it online -- so all your UK Brides, and DisBrides across the country can sign up...i'll give you all A's :banana:

OK, so i'm nervous about the lottery for Feb 2011, and will have a tummy ache every single day thinking about it all the way up until i can actually call Disney Wedings to pencil me in. Until then, I will preoccupy myself with other wedding stuff...bridal party, colors (which i STILL have to make a final decision on), shoes, the guest list, the veil, favors...

oh my lordy -- i have got to get more organized with this thing!! I have so much time tho -- i have no idea what else i need to be planning so early in the game. aargh...

FOr now...dress test numero dos will be starting up as soon as it gets warmer out here...this weekend. And pics and the stories as promised...

Story number 1 --
So, before jay and i got engaged, he asked for my mom's permission (my dad passed away back in 2004) -- she said it was so cute of him hahahaha
And, last month, when we were all celebrating my 30th birthday at a Korean BBQ place with my family, no one else had known yet that we were engaged. We hadn't made an announcement or anything, and we didn't really tell anyone but out parents and siblings, and, well, the fine ladies on the Dis hahahaha. But all of my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, neices, and nephews were there with us, and my mom couldn't contain herself -- not in a bad way, of course, but in a pretty hilarious way...

After dinner was served and eaten, the wait staff came out, along with a full on GUITARIST. And i'm expecting them to do their usualy "Happy Birthday" song -- but wait, i failed to mention that since this is a Korean BBQ, the wait staff is also predominantly Korean, so i was expecting a Birthday song rendition kinda similar to how they sang in A Christmas Story, at the Chinese restaurant -- fa-rah-rah-rah-rah :lmao:

So, the wait staff and guitarist are standing there, when all of a sudden, one of them gently lifts my left hand, see the ring, and they break out in a Congratulations song to the tune of Happy Birthday -- congratulations to you, congratulations to you... holy crap it was crazy. As soon as my cousins saw my left hand, which i had been trying to inconspicuously hide, they started screaming in excitement and running around us to see the ring. And they even got more excited when we told them we're planning to have theceremony and reception at WDW! Everyone was sooo happy -- and i LOVE to see family happy:lovestruc Turns out my mom had asked them to do that -- we planned to tell them all later on that night, but we both hate being the center of attention, and announcing stuff on our behalf, expecially when they were already there for my bday (i just don't like all the spotlight, i never know what to say)

But that was it. Here's a pic of everyone. dunno if you can spot me, but i'm in there
P1000404.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter