VB Adoration & Information Thread (Plus 2007 Chair Swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the rentals are high 24.00 for a day of an umbrella and two chairs???Is that right??

Seems like the rentals are high 24.00 for a day of an umbrella and two chairs???Is that right??

It is actually quite reasonable by beach-chair rental standards. A recent TR from HHI reported that two chairs and an umbrella cost 136$ for two days:scared1: (Note that Disney does not do the rentals at HHI).

img_3956.jpg
img_3957.jpg

img_3962_2.jpg
img_3972.jpg

img_3993.jpg
img_3998.jpg

img_4002.jpg
img_4067.jpg
img_4086.jpg

Great pics! The wife and I will be heading to Vero (again) on May 13th.

Anyone else??... :smokin:

MG

We'll be there the same day! We're only staying from Sunday to Wednesday-then we're heading for SSR and some Disney time.

Are you going to brunch at Sonya's on Sunday?

I will take this one... :thumbsup2

Why are Vero Beach points cheaper than other resorts on the resale market? Should I just buy there to save money?

The points are cheaper because I need to find a way to talk DW into buying our third VB contract!! :banana:

:rotfl: Thanks! I added you to the FAQ!!

I sure love these pictures and the resort. Thanks for posting.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I have some questions--maybe you could add them to the FAQ? We are staying for the first time in July.

How often is the campfire?
How often is stargazing?
What time of year do the turtles lay eggs?
How long is the poolside counter service place open each day?
How is the sunday brunch?
Do you need reservations at Shutters?
Just how buggy is it in july???
Where's the closest Super Target/walmart for buying groceries, umbrellas and chairs? Is there one on the way down the turnpike??
When is checkin/checkout? Are rooms ever ready early?
Is there someplace to get an ice cream at night?

We can't wait to try VB. We are staying at OKW and VB this trip to get the full Florida experience!

Jenny

What is the beach like?

I love this thread. I want to answer all the questions, but I will behave and just take one. The beach is the perfect playground for Rob. It is not a big beach, but it is never crowded so size, in this case, doesn't matter. Vero beach is an ocean playground. The waves on most days are formiddable and great for boogie or surf boarding.

The sand is brown and coarse, and gets hot in the summer. For me the hot sand is a sensory awakening and I find myself thinking... "yes, I really am here... ouch, damn that's hot... ow, ow, ow".

I love the ocean waves. VB receives the gulf stream flow so the water temps are pretty steady for much of the year. I like to think that sharks don't like waves and stay out further than I venture. I have never seen a shark at VB, but PamOKW recently posted a story about a shark bite incident at VB last year. Thanks, Pam. Typically, I feel pretty safe if there are a lot of children in the water. They tend to wear brightly colored swim suits and flail around like an injured fish. They certainly are more appealing to a shark than me. Ok, that was bad. I'm Sorry.

Jelly Fish? Hah.... VB has PORTUGESE MAN-O-WAR! Actually, I have been to VB almost all the months between March & November and only once have I encountered these slimey creatures of pain. Yes, I was stung. Not too bad though... just felt like a thousand bee stings.

DW is one of those who tans by hearing the word "sunshine". She is not addicted to the waves like I am. She is happy to plant herself in the HOT sand and soak up the Florida sun while reading a trashy romance novel. Hey, don't get me wrong... those books... they keep the blood hot if you know what I mean. There is never a problem finding a spot to set up camp at VB.

One real nice thing about the beach is the proximity to the Pool bar & grill, and your room. So If you have hankering for a Margarita or a hamburger, OR nature is suddenly calling (#2, you can do #1 in the ocean), your remedy is very close by. We typically will set up early in the morning and go back and forth between the pool, the room, and the beach throughout the day.

The beach doesn't have much in the way of shelling, but it does have turtle nests. I have never been fortunate enough to site either a mom laying eggs or hatchlings scurrying for the ocean. Last year DW and I went out way late at night walking the beach in pitch black looking for turtles. Long story short, I ended up kicking a rock the size of a bowling ball. I can't print the words that came out of my mouth and I am sure all nearby creatures fled immediately. Took it like a man though. No stinken broken toe stops me from riding the waves. No sir.

I love Vero Beach...

I also have a question for the thread... How long is the jungle trail and where does it take you?

:beach:

Are there movie theatres anywhere close by? We're traveling with all adults this time, so we're looking for some stuff to do in the evening.

I do remember an outlet mall not far away if you get a rainy day...

Regarding the Jungle Trail:

If you just do a huge oval, south on A1A to the "historic Jungle Trail" marker, right there, then along the river...to the highway, make a right and then you go a bit to the resort, I think that's 5 miles.

However, if you do not turn right at the highway that goes from RT. 1 to RT. A1A, you can stay straight on the Jungle trail and it goes on...probably to Sebastian, but for sure it goes to Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge. We did not ride our bikes that way although we planned to. We had rainy and windy weather on our last VB trip in March, so we didn't ride bikes, we drove our car to the reserve. We drove on the highway, not on the Jungle Trail, but we did meet up with the Jungle Trail at the refuge.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I'll take another one since the thread is low on the page.

Is there internet service at the resort?

Yes. As of last August they have Wireless in the lobby and sitting areas of the main building. They also have a public access computer off of the lobby area. cost is $9.95/30 minutes. Not sure if they plan to add wireless in the rooms.

Are there movie theatres anywhere close by? We're traveling with all adults this time, so we're looking for some stuff to do in the evening.

I do remember an outlet mall not far away if you get a rainy day...

There is an AMC theater at the Indian River Mall on the mainland.

Another eating option without driving...

Orchid Island Pizzeria right next to DVBR on the corner of A1A and 510. They serve a thin crust style pizzia with choice of lots of toppings, pasta dinners, and hot and cold subs. They will also deliver to the lobby of the resort. 772-388-5151

We ordered a pizzia one night and had a picnic on the beach!

Okay - I'll take: "Where's the closest Super Target/walmart for buying groceries, umbrellas and chairs?

There is commercial strip in Vero Beach about 11 miles/20 min away. Includes just about everything you can think of - Super Walmart, Sams Club, Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears, - complete mall. Plenty of places to spend money! The outlet malls are a few more miles past that out to the west.

There is also a Super Walmart in Sebastian approx 9 miles to the north, along with some smaller strip malls - Publix etc. Sebastian is a smaller city, home of Pelican Island, Capt Hirams restaurant and bar (think tables in the sand), Squid Lips restaurant. -

"Is there someplace to get an ice cream at night?" Sebastian has a couple ice cream " places (Baskin-Robins and Pops).

Maybe I should stock umbrellas and chairs?

And FWITW Vero Beach resort is at the northern most limits of Vero Beach. Closer to Orchid and Wabasso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter