• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Valet Parking with Tag when disabled person not with you

Correct me for f I am wrong but if you staying at a resort you pay for the valet for the 24 period with free in and out privallages for that period right. So as long as the tag owner their for first time and when you leave you should be fine. Because the tag pays for the the valet and it pay per day so if the op take out mid day by herself then comes back later she should be fine.

As the pp said it be up to the cm and Disney to say shearer or. It she has to or not pay.

The law in my state - Mass. - is that the disabled person (who is on the placard) must have either been in the car when it got to the parking spot, or gets in the car at the parking spot.

I.e., the disabled person does NOT have to be in the car both when it was parked and then when it leaves the spot. (This takes care of when I pick up DS - who has a placard - at school, as he obviously isn't inside my car before I park.)

(Substitute 'leaving car at valet' for 'parking', of course.)

So then her dbf has to wait extra time for her to do your song and dance, just to make you feel better about what you call a perk? This is not a perk, this is an accomodation Disney makes in order to help guests with disabilities get around more easily, since it takes them much more effort/energy to do so. I am sure anyone with a disability would gladly trade this "perk" to return to 100%health/ability.

OP, park wherever it would be easiest for you DBF to access the car. Enjoy your trip!

Nasty, nasty, nasty response. And I have a placard that I would GLADLY trade for health. This type of negativity is not going to be a good thing.

Just a reminder to keep this discussion polite.

Ultimately, whether OP will be allowed to valet park for free when returning to the resort is entirely up to the CM in the lot at that time. Free valet parking is something Disney offers but not required by law.

OP, I suggest you explain the situation at the time. Enjoy your vacation!

OP here.I apologize for not responding earlier.

To be clear, I would never drive to a new location and abuse the tag. My question is really about the 24 hour rule. We always paid for valet when DBF was in good health, and will do so if necessary. (If traveling within WDW alone, I take WDW transport.).

If in a 24 hour period we take the car out 2 times with DBF, and 1 time without DBF, will I need to pay for that valet? I am not trying to get away with anything or abuse the tag; just developing a budget. In a 10 day period ''tis will literally happen a maximum of one time.

If we have to pay, I would do so at BWV because parking can be tough. At Kidani. I will simply park.

But she is using the valet parking to make it easier on the disabled person. I dohbt she'd be using valet if she didn't need to have the car more accessible to her DBf

If the disabled person is not in the car, then how is it easier for the disabled person? I'm talking an in and out round trip without the disabled person - car goes out, comes back.

OP here.I apologize for not responding earlier.

To be clear, I would never drive to a new location and abuse the tag. My question is really about the 24 hour rule. We always paid for valet when DBF was in good health, and will do so if necessary. (If traveling within WDW alone, I take WDW transport.).

If in a 24 hour period we take the car out 2 times with DBF, and 1 time without DBF, will I need to pay for that valet? I am not trying to get away with anything or abuse the tag; just developing a budget. In a 10 day period ''tis will literally happen a maximum of one time.

If we have to pay, I would do so at BWV because parking can be tough. At Kidani. I will simply park.

I didn't know valet was a 24 hour at a time perk. That makes a difference, so if the disabled person is with you for most of the time, that makes sense not to be charged - although you aren't supposed to use the hangtag without the person it is tagged to, are you? I get it that the person will be getting into the car, eventually, but you can't just think the car can park in HC parking all the time if the person with the tag isn't using the car, right?

When you take the car out without the disabled person, (round trip) you wouldn't park that car in a HC spot, right?

If the disabled person is not in the car, then how is it easier for the disabled person? ?

When OP and BF return to hotel on trip A, they will use valet to park. Later, when OP leaves by herself on trip B, she will need to go through valet to pick up the car. When she returns from her trip B, she will use valet to park again so that when BF goes with her on Trip C, he will be able to easily access the car. If she parks in regular parking on trip b, then then he will have to wait by himself for her to retrieve the vehicle.

When OP and BF return to hotel on trip A, they will use valet to park. Later, when OP leaves by herself on trip B, she will need to go through valet to pick up the car. When she returns from her trip B, she will use valet to park again so that when BF goes with her on Trip C, he will be able to easily access the car. If she parks in regular parking on trip b, then then he will have to wait by himself for her to retrieve the vehicle.
I do have friends in wheel chair ( one has CP and is in one full time as he can barrely move. if my friend with CP is not in the vehicle either coming or going his wife dose not use the HC place tag. yes this mean some times on the next trip he will have to wait for her to go get the car and come pick him up or he will go with her and she will pull the car out and park ( some times in the middle of the parking lot) and let him in. yes being disabled has its ups and down not life is not fare for anyone, it is just what we need to do. if the OP or anyone what to use the valet service

1 be prepared to pay since Disney is not required by law to offer this for free and can there for take it away.

2 make sure you tip the valet either way. ( as they do have a hard job)

3 if you can not pay for this service then have a back up plan.

I hope the OP has a wonderful trip and things work out for them

Not talking about that - talking about paying for it. I get that having the car delivered up front is easier. It's easier for everyone, disabled or not. But that round trip is without the disabled person. How is that easier for the disabled person?

Not talking about that - talking about paying for it. I get that having the car delivered up front is easier. It's easier for everyone, disabled or not. But that round trip is without the disabled person. How is that easier for the disabled person?
If her BF weren't going to be with her for return on trip a or departure on trip c, then I would agree with you. But if she parks with valet on trip a, she has to pick up her car through valet for the next trip. And if she doesn't use valet to park on trip b, then BF will have a harder time for trip c. But since the use of valet on these trips will be to make life easier on the bf, then I don't think she should have to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter