Valet Parking for DVC renters

sdenis

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if renters get valet parking free too? It seems that they don't ask for the card every time.

I know when we rented last year and had our parking pass we received free parking not only at our resort (WL) but at BCV and all the parks.

Can anyone shed some light...?

WL March 2005 :goodvibes

BCV Feb 2006 :hourglass

As a renter you are not entitled to any member perks, including valet parking. Disney has the right to ask for the blue member card for any perk.

However, sometimes you get the perks based off your room key. When you do, great!

(Even if you don't get charged for the valet, remember to tip. Tips are not included in the "free" valet).

We were never asked for our blue card. Your parking pass says "Welcome Home" and that you are staying in the villas....that's what the bellmen look for.

:wave:

Beca

sdenis said:
Does anyone know if renters get valet parking free too? It seems that they don't ask for the card every time.

I know when we rented last year and had our parking pass we received free parking not only at our resort (WL) but at BCV and all the parks.

Can anyone shed some light...?

WL March 2005 :goodvibes

BCV Feb 2006 :hourglass

parking is free for all WDW resort guests. DVC is a WDW resort.

valet parking is only free for DVC member at a DVC resort. You might get lucky again this year and get free valet parking at VWL, BCV and BWV - but don't count on it. (remember to tip)

you won't get free valet parking at Polyn, Cont, GF, Yc - these resorts are not part of DVC.

We have been asked for our blue card each time we have used this perk. It is a MEMBERS PERK. Therefore, now that the question has been asked and answered, I would hope that those who do not qualify, and know that they don't qualify, simply accept that and do not attempt to scam the system or take advantage of it (this is aimed as a general comment and not at the original poster who asked quite a reasonable question and didn't assume the answer).

You're not a member. So no .... you don't get the perk. Free valet parking is for DVC members - not renters.

However, if you have handicapped tags and someone in your party is handicapped, you will probably get free valet parking. Just pay the tip. That is good at all resorts, not just DVC resorts.

If you have a difficult time making it from the self parking lot on your own (wheelchair, crutches, scooter, etc), you shouldn't have to pay extra to help get you into the facility. This probably comes out of ADA.

Just trying to calculate the value of this perk? Last year we took a limo in but i would presume this is a 50 to 75 savings.

I would go with DME myself - then use www.wegoshop.com for my groceries.

the parking was $6 per day - but since the parks have increased to $9 per day - I would think valet parking would too. so $42 to $63 for your week

I've never been asked for my card at the DVC resort I was staying at. When I stayed at BWV, they always gave me free valet and never asked for the card. I assumed they went by the "member parking permit". Do renters get a "member parking permit" since the reservation was paid for with points?

DebbieB said:
I've never been asked for my card at the DVC resort I was staying at. When I stayed at BWV, they always gave me free valet and never asked for the card. I assumed they went by the "member parking permit". Do renters get a "member parking permit" since the reservation was paid for with points?

We were actually told by a bellman that we did not need to show our card each time we valet parked because they could tell that we were members by our parking permit. Seriously, by the second day most bellmen knew us by name (especially our dd), and were very helpful in pointing out which rental car was ours (those darn cars all look alike) when the car would arrive before we got down from our room.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the perk being just for members. But, it does not seem WDW is enforcing this rule. If WDW is really bugged by non-members using the perk, they really should ask for member cards...I would gladly show mine!

But seriously....as long as you tip well, the bellman are more than happy to allow you to valet for free without asking for your card. Maybe they are concerned that their tip will be smaller if you have to show your card. Who knows!!! It's interesting...we are people that tip both ways, and we always had bellmen "discussing" who was going to get our car. I think people do not tip as well as they should.

Beca

spiceycat said:
Beca - what do you tip?

I probably tip to little - $1 or $2 both ways.

Honestly....whatever we have....$2-3 both ways. Although, DH has been known to "slip" a really nice guy a $5 (and, then I usually reprimand him...he'd give away every penny we have. I used to be a waitress, and he would come in and tip me pretty big. It worked...I married him! So, I guess he wants to keep spreading the "magic"...but, seriously...he's already married...and, the valet person is another guy!!! :earboy2: ).

I have to admit, it's usually after a $5 tip that the guys start "discussing" who is going to get our car. But, like dh says, "A big tip at the beginning of our stay gets REALLY good service for the rest of our trip." After that, he "mixes" it up (or, tips big when I am otherwise occupied)

But, valet attendants have given my dd pins off their lanyard, call her by name, and generally treat her like a princess! Dh says those tips are TOTALLY worth it just to see the look on her face!!

Beca

Doctor P said:
We have been asked for our blue card each time we have used this perk. It is a MEMBERS PERK. Therefore, now that the question has been asked and answered, I would hope that those who do not qualify, and know that they don't qualify, simply accept that and do not attempt to scam the system or take advantage of it (this is aimed as a general comment and not at the original poster who asked quite a reasonable question and didn't assume the answer).

That would be nice wouldn't it. People just do not seem to realize that when perks, guidelines, rules, etc. are abused from the intent of the perk, etc. they are usually taken away or altered.

Having to pay for CRT in advance is a perfect example of this.

As Doctor P stated this is not a comment aimed at the OP, but something all that abuse the system should remember. But then we know the group that reads here would not do this anyway. :sunny:

When I stay at BWV I always valet my car--and when I go to Poly or AKL for meals I have never paid extra. I was told by the valets there that valeting your car at BWV counts for the other resorts, too, when you go for meals. Still, you need to tip, $2 each way. I have never been asked for my member card, either, although we showed it at BWV when we went to dinner there, and didn't have to pay for parking. That was a nice surprise that sometimes happens, although they are supposed to ask if we are staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter