Vaccinated women TMI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Pfizer and fully vaccinated for over a month now. No issues, but I am on BC and in peri menopause.

My 13 year old dd has not been vaccinated yet. Not going to lie, this concerns me for her. Is this really a one off occurrence?

Fully vaccinated, received Pfizer. My cycle after the first dose had lead up spotting. Cycle after second dose had like a week of spotting and then a lighter than usual period that lasted a week. My period is normally a week long and very predictable down to which days will be heavy, medium, and light. Which days I’ll have no energy, etc. is normally always the same. I’m hoping next cycle will be back to normal.

I had Pfizer and fully vaccinated for over a month now. No issues, but I am on BC and in peri menopause.

My 13 year old dd has not been vaccinated yet. Not going to lie, this concerns me for her. Is this really a one off occurrence?
I have a 14 year old and I have heard too many anecdotal stories of this happening to feel comfortable getting her the vaccine. But, she did have covid and has antibodies so I feel I can wait and see how the side effects go for her age group. It’s an unpopular opinion here, but she is low risk and has antibodies and I am just not comfortable giving this vaccine to her until I see long term safety data for her age group.

Pfizer, no issues. I was really nervous about it as I got such horrid periods as a teen.

I'm a man so this isn't my forum at all. But typically, couldn't any type of flu/illness(where your immune system would kick in) potentially cause a change? The vaccine causes a heightened reaction to your immune system(as if you were sick).....

Yes. Anytime I have been sick, it throws things out of whack.

I don’t think young people, especially girls, should be getting these vaccines. Too many unknowns long term and the risk reward factor just doesn’t make sense for healthy young people.

If you're wondering about how long any effects are that women have been mentioning it seems to be mostly a cycle or two or a few days or so.

Talk with your daughter's doctor. I wouldn't take advice here for something like that. Your concern is understandable though :hug:

I don’t think young people, especially girls, should be getting these vaccines. Too many unknowns long term and the risk reward factor just doesn’t make sense for healthy young people.
But they aren’t at no risk and actually catching Covid can have the same affects. And then-some. And although I don’t have any data, I’d be willing to bet that the chances of this happening from the vaccine is still a lower risk factor than catching Covid for them.

I’m not telling anybody what to do with their child, but for many of us the risk of complications from Covid still outweigh any possible risks from the vaccine. The evidence of cycle complications, although seemingly correlated, is still very much anecdotal and not lasting long term. And there are many things that affect cycles that happen every day.

ETA: FWIW, neither of my teens had issues (one is fully vaccinated). Neither have any of my friend’s daughters the same age.

But they aren’t at no risk and actually catching Covid can have the same affects. And then-some. And although I don’t have any data, I’d be willing to bet that the chances of this happening from the vaccine is still a lower risk factor than catching Covid for them.

I’m not telling anybody what to do with their child, but for many of us the risk of complications from Covid still outweigh any possible risks from the vaccine. The evidence of cycle complications, although seemingly correlated, is still very much anecdotal and not lasting long term. And there are many things that affect cycles that happen every day.

ETA: FWIW, neither of my teens had issues (one is fully vaccinated). Neither have any of my friend’s daughters the same age.

Amen....

healthy young people.
FWIW many times when this phrase is mentioned doctors and statistics and news stories talk about it in terms of those aged 50 and below (sometimes even 55 and below). Just trying to clarify on that.

I really dislike when people act like this seemingly "healthy" descriptor means you shouldn't get it. People's perception of risk can be godawful at times in general.

Understandable if any one person doesn't want to get it but we should try to not talk about it in terms of groups of people en masse.

If you're wondering about how long any effects are that women have been mentioning it seems to be mostly a cycle or two or a few days or so.

Talk with your daughter's doctor. I wouldn't take advice here for something like that. Your concern is understandable though :hug:

Ok, I’m not trying to be rude, but really? Obviously I’m not taking advice on my daughter’s health from the Dis. :sad2:That’s condescending to imply that I would. I just stated that this issue concerns me. It’s a discussion forum.

Yes, I have had reservations about it for my daughter because the vaccine is so new. The trials on teens were done at an expedited rate and at lower trial numbers. I know what her pediatricians office will say, they already told me when we had the discussion at her well exam in late April. I trust her doctors, I trust science, but I still think they may not know all the side effects to this vaccine. Especially when I don’t believe a women’s menstrual cycle and reproductive health was focused on. I don’t think they are purposely deceiving the public, I just think they don’t know all the long term effects this could have. Is it probably a short term thing, my guess it is. But we don’t know, we just don’t know. And that gives me reservations.

And before anyone jumps on me I’m definitely not an anti-vaxxer. Dd got all of them, including HPV. But for some reason, this one is causing me to pause. I can’t explain it, it just has. If you don’t have pause for your children, that’s great! You do you, but let me do me.

I have a 14 year old and I have heard too many anecdotal stories of this happening to feel comfortable getting her the vaccine. But, she did have covid and has antibodies so I feel I can wait and see how the side effects go for her age group. It’s an unpopular opinion here, but she is low risk and has antibodies and I am just not comfortable giving this vaccine to her until I see long term safety data for her age group.

An "unpopular opinion" to make a very personal medical decision for your OWN daughter? Goodness.. as mom you get to make that choice for her. Other people's opinions are completely irrelevant IMO. Back in the day (pre-covid) it was considered rude to ask people to share their personal medical information and even more rude to judge people for those choices.

Ok, I’m not trying to be rude, but really? Obviously I’m not taking advice on my daughter’s health from the Dis. :sad2:That’s condescending to imply that I would. I just stated that this issue concerns me. It’s a discussion forum.

Yes, I have had reservations about it for my daughter because the vaccine is so new. The trials on teens were done at an expedited rate and at lower trial numbers. I know what her pediatricians office will say, they already told me when we had the discussion at her well exam in late April. I trust her doctors, I trust science, but I still think they may not know all the side effects to this vaccine. Especially when I don’t believe a women’s menstrual cycle and reproductive health was focused on. I don’t think they are purposely deceiving the public, I just think they don’t know all the long term effects this could have. Is it probably a short term thing, my guess it is. But we don’t know, we just don’t know. And that gives me reservations.

And before anyone jumps on me I’m definitely not an anti-vaxxer. Dd got all of them, including HPV. But for some reason, this one is causing me to pause. I can’t explain it, it just has. If you don’t have pause for your children, that’s great! You do you, but let me do me.
I wasn't trying to be condensing at all!

I was genuinely saying to discuss with your doctor. First because your doctor is aware of personal information such as when your daughter started her first period, how her cycles have been (which often can be abnormal for the first couple of years), and if they've had any other patients have any issues. People here can only give their stories. And what you got were a few posters just saying they wouldn't allow their child to get it without any consideration to your daughter in particular, if that's the advice you wanted then you got it but if you already talked to your doctor then I'm not sure why asking us on the DIS (when you said you weren't taking health advice from us) works? You asked 'is this really a one off occurrence' if you were being rhetorical about it I'm sorry I didn't catch that :flower3:

There's this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pfizer-vaccine-authorized-for-12-15yo-in-us.3836746/ and this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/have-you-gotten-a-covid-vaccine.3820376/ (the later parts probably have more teen information) that you can go to to see what others have experienced if you want to.

An "unpopular opinion" to make a very personal medical decision for your OWN daughter? Goodness.. as mom you get to make that choice for her. Other people's opinions are completely irrelevant IMO. Back in the day (pre-covid) it was considered rude to ask people to share their personal medical decisions and even more rude to judge people for those choices.
No it's not really that it's about the poster making the decision for her own child, it's that she likes to make it a general "don't get the vaccine for xyz" people especially bringing up already having covid and antibodies and such and often the sources become problematic. This board is a voluntary board and generally speaking most of us are willing to share information, that goes for the other poster, if you're typing it expect that a conversation could ensue, it's how discussions evolve. Just about no one on this board are saints. There is information I'm unwilling to share so I don't share it.

I'm a man so this isn't my forum at all. But typically, couldn't any type of flu/illness(where your immune system would kick in) potentially cause a change? The vaccine causes a heightened reaction to your immune system(as if you were sick).....
It for sure can.

For me illness doesn't impact me nor do vaccines.

No it's not really that it's about the poster making the decision for her own child, it's that she likes to make it a general "don't get the vaccine for xyz" people especially bringing up already having covid and antibodies and such and often the sources become problematic. This board is a voluntary board and generally speaking most of us are willing to share information, that goes for the other poster, if you're typing it expect that a conversation could ensue, it's how discussions evolve. Just about no one on this board are saints. There is information I'm unwilling to share so I don't share it.
I am not sure if you were referring to me, but I didn’t make a general statement about not getting all teens vaccinated. I spoke about my own daughter and her experiences. All parents are free to make their own decisions based on the research they do. Everybody is aware by now that we don’t agree on how to proceed with this vaccine. Please scroll by my responses from now on because you’re kind of attacking me in a personal way by saying my sources are problematic and that I am telling everybody not to get the vaccine.

I am not sure if you were referring to me, but I didn’t make a general statement about not getting all teens vaccinated. I spoke about my own daughter and her experiences. All parents are free to make their own decisions based on the research they do. Everybody is aware by now that we don’t agree on how to proceed with this vaccine. Please scroll by my responses from now on because you’re kind of attacking me in a personal way by saying my sources are problematic and that I am telling everybody not to get the vaccine.
I can only go by what you post :confused: or what any one else posts. People consistently post the same stuff in various threads (which goes for everyone). Your unpopular opinion isn't because you're trying to make a decision for your own daughter which is what the poster was stating that was me trying to clarify. Many posters have explained just what they feel comfortable doing with their own children on this board, only a few posters tend to go different directions than others, and those tend to get responses in a different way. You're more than welcome to scroll past my posts as well, no harm no foul there :flower3:

I wasn't trying to be condensing at all!

I was genuinely saying to discuss with your doctor. First because your doctor is aware of personal information such as when your daughter started her first period, how her cycles have been (which often can be abnormal for the first couple of years), and if they've had any other patients have any issues. People here can only give their stories. And what you got were a few posters just saying they wouldn't allow their child to get it without any consideration to your daughter in particular, if that's the advice you wanted then you got it but if you already talked to your doctor then I'm not sure why asking us on the DIS (when you said you weren't taking health advice from us) works? You asked 'is this really a one off occurrence' if you were being rhetorical about it I'm sorry I didn't catch that.

There's this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pfizer-vaccine-authorized-for-12-15yo-in-us.3836746/ and this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/have-you-gotten-a-covid-vaccine.3820376/ (the later parts probably have more teen information) that you can go to to see what others have experienced if you want to.

It was rhetorical.

I really don’t think you were intending to be condescending, you’ve always been respectful on here.

This is just striking a nerve with me because I’m not completely onboard with getting the vaccine for my daughter. Usually, I’m first in line for stuff like this. This inner conflict is something I’m not used to. I just need a little more time.

I can only go by what you post :confused: or what any one else posts. People consistently post the same stuff in various threads (which goes for everyone). Your unpopular opinion isn't because you're trying to make a decision for your own daughter which is what the poster was stating that was me trying to clarify. Many posters have explained just what they feel comfortable doing with their own children on this board, only a few posters tend to go different directions than others, and those tend to get responses in a different way. You're more than welcome to scroll past my posts as well, no harm no foul there :flower3:
My unpopular opinion is definitely because of my views on this vaccine. I have always said on my posts it is an individual decision on whether or not to get this vaccine. I simply give my research and opinions and let other people make their own decisions. You tend to follow-up my posts by responding to try to discredit what I have said. I have not responded to your posts in a while by design because I know our opinions differ and neither one of us is going to change the other’s mind.

It was rhetorical.

I really don’t think you were intending to be condescending, you’ve always been respectful on here.

This is just striking a nerve with me because I’m not completely onboard with getting the vaccine for my daughter. Usually, I’m first in line for stuff like this. This inner conflict is something I’m not used to. I just need a little more time.
Then please accept my apology :o

This is not an easy decision I think for anyone, adult or otherwise. This pandemic has made things that weren't an anxiety to an anxiety and I myself had experienced that. It took a little bit for me to even realize vaccines were here, I just assumed it would be a while. I think that has caught people off guard. Most of us probably thought we had more time :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter