Vaccinated women TMI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an ablation 5 years ago due to super long periods. So every now and then I might spot just a bit but thats it. After the 2nd dose of Moderna I had 4 days of light bleeding, then a week with none, and then another couple of days of bleeding.

I had no period in February and then spotted for 2 weeks in March until I had a very heavy period in March that lasted 10 days. I had 2 weeks off and then another very heavy period in April, to the point that I was afraid to leave the house. I got mine in May a couple of days early and it was slightly heavier but nothing like March and April. I am 49 and I chalked it up to my age and menopause. I hope things will be back to normal for me from here on out.

Moderna here - got my period 5 days earlier. After 2 months it seems to have sorted itself out - it kept coming early for those 2 cycles. Previously every 28 days.

I'm a man so this isn't my forum at all. But typically, couldn't any type of flu/illness(where your immune system would kick in) potentially cause a change? The vaccine causes a heightened reaction to your immune system(as if you were sick).....

I got Moderna. I'm close to perimenopause so that could explain it for me. Prior to the vaccine my cycles would range with 35-50 days, and will have what I've termed a phantom period (bloating, cramps, etc) at the "normal" time at 28 days. After my second shot in March, it was early for me at the normal 28 day cycle. I haven't had one since though and it's going on 70+; and without the phantom symptoms still

My period has been pretty much as expected. I'm 40 and received my second dose of Pfizer in March.

I'm a man so this isn't my forum at all. But typically, couldn't any type of flu/illness(where your immune system would kick in) potentially cause a change? The vaccine causes a heightened reaction to your immune system(as if you were sick).....
I can only speak for me, but I have never in my menstruating years had an illness cause a change in my cycle. Not even the covid virus itself caused a change.

I got Pfizer... my period after the 2nd dose came super early for me (normally my cycles are super long)... we will see what happens this next round!

Perimenopause for me so my periods are no where near regular for a couple of years now. I did get a period in between my 1st and second shot of Pfizer, it was lighter than previous ones but that has been a trend for the last few. It was about 3.5 months since the one previous so I thought nothing of it. I will say I am really glad they are getting lighter, there was definitely some heavier days when I started skipping periods in the beginning of this lovely process.

Moderna here and no change at all in periods. Had the second vaccine mid February

No change for me, but I haven’t had my period in over a year due to pregnancy and breastfeeding. I got the J&J vaccine.

Has anyone who has had changes, had the J&J vaccine? I noted that all who mentioned which vaccine, said Moderna or Pfizer but some didn't say. Curious about if there is a difference.

I just started my second period in 3 weeks, after only have 2 periods since November. Is it age? Is the the vaccine? Who knows.

I had an ablation 5 years ago due to super long periods. So every now and then I might spot just a bit but thats it. After the 2nd dose of Moderna I had 4 days of light bleeding, then a week with none, and then another couple of days of bleeding.
Has your period returned to what’s considered normal for you?

I have been in menopause for 3+ years. Got my 1st Pfizer shot and the next day started to spot and the following day had very bad cramps and heavy spotting but not quite a full blown period. This lasted about 5 days. 2nd shot, no issues at all. I truly believe that this was related to the vaccine.

My period last month was weird (1 week light spotting, 1 week regular period) but I have been fully vaccinated since January so I doubt the vaccine had anything to do with it. I’m assuming age and/or stress is the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter