USH Tickets are non-changeable and non-refundable!!!

mgpan

Mouseketeer
Called yesterday to check on tickets for a trip in 2024. I inquired about the ability to use a date based ticket on a later date if unable to use on the original date reserved. I added that I understood that if a rate increase happened I would be responsible for the difference. A warning to those buying tickets in advance, I was told that tickets are completely NON-refundable and NON-changeable. Disney allows you to use the funds paid for an unused original ticket to be put towards a future ticket, not so Universal. I will now not be buying tickets in advance and as a result, depending on how things go during our trip, we may not even go to USH. If they had allowed me to purchase now and be flexible with funds, they would have had my money.

Yes but you can buy a flexible dated ticket for USH and you don’t need a park reservation.
Plus if you don’t end up going and got a refund, then they wouldn’t have your money would they? In fact it would have cost them money.
But you do you.

Plus if you don’t end up going and got a refund, then they wouldn’t have your money would they? In fact it would have cost them money.
Disney doesn't lose money. Once you buy a ticket through Disney, and you want to cancel, you can. You won't receive any money back, but instead receive a credit for future travel, say the following year. Very similar to most airline policies.

Universal should be able to do at least that. Universal wouldn't be losing any money. In fact, sometimes things come up and the credit is never used, therefore benefiting Disney.

Disney doesn't lose money. Once you buy a ticket through Disney, and you want to cancel, you can. You won't receive any money back, but instead receive a credit for future travel, say the following year. Very similar to most airline policies.

Universal should be able to do at least that. Universal wouldn't be losing any money. In fact, sometimes things come up and the credit is never used, therefore benefiting Disney.
You completely missed my point.

OP said Universal would have had their money but wants refundable tickets as they may not want to go after all. So if they cancelled and got a full refund, Universal wouldn’t have any money from them would they! Plus the costs of processing a refund.

As for applying the cost of the ticket to a future trip, Universal easily solves that issue by offering fully flexible tickets and no park reservations.

I think Disney should at least offer that!

As for applying the cost of the ticket to a future trip, Universal easily solves that issue by offering fully flexible tickets and no park reservations.

I think Disney should at least offer that!
Universal requires a date range for the tickets AT TIME OF PURCHASE. Disney does not require this.

I can't find a way to buy Universal tickets that are fully flexible - do they not offer them anymore?

Last edited:
If you end up buying advance tickets but need to change the date, call the ticketing office and explain your situation and I believe they will make a one time exception for you.

I was told that you can get a full refund as long as it is >48 hrs prior to the date. This is for the VIP tickets so I'm not sure if non-VIP tickets are different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter