Used an awesome National code for my April trip!

lgajohnson said:
gmeh1...the code that you posted xz53043 saved me a bunch of money on our rental...thank you so much! But i just want to double check that I will not have any problems with it such as needing any sort of id or verification.

thanks again..it really helped us out:)

I assume the above code is cheaper because it's not unlimited mileage?

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

I assume the above code is cheaper because it's not unlimited mileage?

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

It allows for unlimited miles on most cars. When you leave the econ, compact, standard and full size, then you get restricted mileage. Like 1400-1800 free miles. I cannot imagine anyone coming for vacation in Orlando chewing up that many miles.

Often one way rentals are more expensive than round trip rentals. Try different codes, some will include a drop fee and others will not. I have had some decent rates using xz53043.

Amazing rate! I'm getting $640 for a minivan for 2 weeks! Before with other codes I could hardly get below a $1000.

Does it make sense that this is cheaper than the KLM code?

If I make a reservation on the national website - can I change/cancel if I need to, even though they have my credit card?

Big thank you!

Another question:

I need to reserve a regular car also for my parents - should I just do it in their name under my account or my name and just have them change it at pick up - what is best here?

Amazing rate! I'm getting $640 for a minivan for 2 weeks! Before with other codes I could hardly get below a $1000.

If I make a reservation on the national website - can I change/cancel if I need to, even though they have my credit card?

Big thank you!

Got it down to $605 - using the $30 coupon - on my confirmation email it says it's the entertainment.com - do i need to bring anything? Is it ok to use this coupon and the xz53043 code?

Got it down to $605 - using the $30 coupon - on my confirmation email it says it's the entertainment.com - do i need to bring anything? Is it ok to use this coupon and the xz53043 code?

If you have used a coupon from the Entertainment Book, you should be prepared to show that coupon if asked (ie., have an Entertainment Book in your possession).

Big thank you!

Different codes give different prices. So, yes, it makes sense.

Yes, you can change, cancel or modify on the national website even if they have your credit card. You are not charged until you return the car.

Another question:

I need to reserve a regular car also for my parents - should I just do it in their name under my account or my name and just have them change it at pick up - what is best here?

Reserve the car in their name. It is a big huge hassle to change names at pick up. Also, the person who's name is on the reservation needs to have a credit card in their name. What would be best is if you could sign them up for Emerald Club. Failing that, then just make a regular reservation in their name. For that type of reservation (non Emerald Club), they need to go to the counter.

If you have used a coupon from the Entertainment Book, you should be prepared to show that coupon if asked (ie., have an Entertainment Book in your possession).

I didn't realize what the coupon was when I entered it - I don't have the coupon in hand - I'll keep an eye out for regular coupon.

I still have both the 605 and the 640 reservations

Different codes give different prices. So, yes, it makes sense.

Yes, you can change, cancel or modify on the national website even if they have your credit card. You are not charged until you return the car.

Thank you - And them having my credit card made me a little nervous. I see now where I can edit and/or cancel

Reserve the car in their name. It is a big huge hassle to change names at pick up. Also, the person who's name is on the reservation needs to have a credit card in their name. What would be best is if you could sign them up for Emerald Club. Failing that, then just make a regular reservation in their name. For that type of reservation (non Emerald Club), they need to go to the counter.

Thanks! They live in the UK so I need to see if the same rates apply for them.

Just rented a car using code xz53043, and got a very, very good rate.

Question for the rental experts:

I'm renting in Tampa. Will they ask for a coupon, or they more like MCO, where you rarely (if ever) are asked for a coupon.

Just rented a car using code xz53043, and got a very, very good rate.

Question for the rental experts:

I'm renting in Tampa. Will they ask for a coupon, or they more like MCO, where you rarely (if ever) are asked for a coupon.

"XZ" codes are generally corporate codes. My company has an "XZ" code for when I travel. I asked them if I could use it for personal use and I was told no because it is only for business yse. Also, I am only protected under the company insurance when using this code if I am traveling on business and that I may not have any protection under my personal insurance or credit card in the event of an accident. I am not sure if the same applies to the code posted here and only want to give folks the opportunity to make an informed decision.

"XZ" codes are generally corporate codes. My company has an "XZ" code for when I travel. I asked them if I could use it for personal use and I was told no because it is only for business yse. Also, I am only protected under the company insurance when using this code if I am traveling on business and that I may not have any protection under my personal insurance or credit card in the event of an accident. I am not sure if the same applies to the code posted here and only want to give folks the opportunity to make an informed decision.

Thanks for this info!!

The rate I got was only a few dollars cheaper than the rate I got from Dollar (code oi1054), so I'll just stick with Dollar.

Seeing how the "XZ" code floating around right now was provided by a Nat'l employee [who would be the one to deal with a bunch of unhappy travelers that couldn't get their car as expected] I think its probably OK to use it :)

Go to KLM.com, click on "flying blue" in the top row. Then click on "earn and spend miles". Then click on "flying blue partners". Then choose "car rentals".
Then click ON the national/Citer emblem in the car rental list. Then it will show you the contract ID number.

I signed up for the KLM membership, but I don't see National under Car Rentals. I see Cars & Taxis with only the following...
*Driving Blue
*Hertz
*Avis
*Sixt
*Europcar
*Enterprise

None of these seem to have any codes or deals associated with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter