Uplifting COVID News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it did. A new experience in the age of COVID.

CH is a very nice restaurant. They have their own winery here in the Chicago area, all their wines served are their own. And very good. It is a more upscale restaurant. Not A Ruth's Chris level, but most meals in the $25-$35 range. Marie had scallops, I had the boneless pork chop. Both meals were excellent. A nice relaxing evening. Give it a try.

The first Cooper's Hawk I ever went to was in Orlando (2018). It was FABULOUS. I can't tell you how impressed I was. And it was packed. Then I found out there was one located about 45 minutes from my house. I went to that one. Food was still good, but just didn't have the atmosphere of the Orlando location. It was in some office park, not busy at all, and just not quite as good. Or it was my mindset!

I live in a Senior Housing Apt., and have friends that we did stuff together, until last April 2020. Total shut down. We are all over 70.

Now we all have our vaccines, and plan to do Tai Chi(senior style!) at a home, outside. We can't wait. Haven't done anything with them for a year! A lot of talking will be goin' on!
Edit: We will be wearing masks and sitting 6 ft apart.

Last edited:

In an interview that happened on Sunday:
ANTHONY FAUCI: You know, I don't want to get ahead of them, George. But I think it's pretty common sense now that outdoor risk is really, really quite low, particularly -- I mean, if you are a vaccinated person, wearing a mask outdoors, I mean, obviously, the risk is minuscule.

I’m shocked that this is even news. I mean didn’t the protests all last summer - which never preceded any spikes in the areas they occurred - already prove this? There were plenty of images where mask usage was minimal. Nevermind the simple common sense and obvious fact that unless you are standing right on someone else’s toes, your breath is going out into unlimited airspace and being dispersed, and the main risk of this virus is amount of viral load X time of exposure. I wore masks outside around family members who were (IMO) overly-cautious, simply to be polite and thoughtful, but am glad to hear that this change is likely coming today. Everyone is vaccinated now anyway, but I’m sure it will make them feel better just the same.

I’m shocked that this is even news. I mean didn’t the protests all last summer - which never preceded any spikes in the areas they occurred - already prove this? There were plenty of images where mask usage was minimal. Nevermind the simple common sense and obvious fact that unless you are standing right on someone else’s toes, your breath is going out into unlimited airspace and being dispersed, and the main risk of this virus is amount of viral load X time of exposure. I wore masks outside around family members who were (IMO) overly-cautious, simply to be polite and thoughtful, but am glad to hear that this change is likely coming today. Everyone is vaccinated now anyway, but I’m sure it will make them feel better just the same.
I stick to facts and only use quotes from those who are considered experts. No longer offer personal opinions as it only causes debates, namecalling, and false information to be posted.

We had three outdoor sporting events at our high school yesterday (softball, baseball, track). No masks required except by the officials (which I don’t care if they wear one or not). I only saw one adult wearing a mask in the bleachers (when not eating) out of all the spectators. It was amazing and felt good to be back to normal outside!

The general consensus among people was with all the protests many parts of the nation did have mask compliance during the protests with pockets of places here and there not having as much compliance, which is why the conversation tone shifted with having large crowds being not as bad (remember the stay at home protests had a decidedly different tone without masks). That was a point in time in May and later on however.

As far as never preceded in spikes, that would be incorrect to state that. Places, including my own area, saw increases in cases. The difference was they could not necessarily say the main increase was due to protests rather than just a contributing factor. My place was one where mask compliance was not as good. I remember a conversation with a poster in FL who mentioned where she was mask compliance in protests was very high.

Either way the statement you quoted made a point to point out the risk for a vaccinated person so keep that in mind when discussing prior events.

Either way the statement you quoted made a point to point out the risk for a vaccinated person so keep that in mind when discussing prior events.
I agree with this. It's going to be much more difficult to compare how things were last year to how they are now. Lower risk is still higher risk for those unvaccinated in comparison to those vaccinated. That's all I'll say on that-see below :) :)

I stick to facts and only use quotes from those who are considered experts. No longer offer personal opinions as it only causes debates, namecalling, and false information to be posted.
I also agree in what you're trying to say here. If this thread is supposed to be uplifting then getting into the never-ending mask conversations probably won't do it. Would be a shame if this thread turned into that rather than just people sharing things that were more upbeat in their lives.

For the record I think saying a theme park won't require masks is a-okay in my book but starting the cyclical conversation of when masks should be and shouldn't be worn, opinions on it never should have been there in the first place is different.

I agree with this. It's going to be much more difficult to compare how things were last year to how they are now. Lower risk is still higher risk for those unvaccinated in comparison to those vaccinated. That's all I'll say on that-see below :) :)

I also agree in what you're trying to say here. If this thread is supposed to be uplifting then getting into the never-ending mask conversations probably won't do it. Would be a shame if this thread turned into that rather than just people sharing things that were more upbeat in their lives.

For the record I think saying a theme park won't require masks is a-okay in my book but starting the cyclical conversation of when masks should be and shouldn't be worn, opinions on it never should have been there in the first place is different.
Good points :flower3:

Back to my firepit comment it went lovely Sunday evening, just perfect weather at night for one. We went out to dinner first, sat outside and even though being in the sun was a bit much it was still very relaxing. We hadn't seen the in-laws in a bit so it was nice to catch up. Only thing we need to do now is buy more wood or go looking in my husband's great-grandmother's property if there are any trees that are on their last leg. The property is like 10 acres of woods not being used. Last time we went though couldn't find good ones. Maybe this time will be better, wood can get pricey to purchase! But I love having those firepit nights :love:

Didn’t mean to start some big kerfuffle. I don’t believe officials have ever said that outdoors infection is of high concern - I mean on all the “risk” charts, anything outside was always lower with or without a mask - so I’m just not surprised to see the recommendations change, or see Fauci making such a comment. I mean I would sure as heck hope that a VACCINATED person with a MASK on OUTSIDE would be at minimal risk. Still, it’s good to see some hopeful news coming from officials.

Didn’t mean to start some big kerfuffle. I don’t believe officials have ever said that outdoors infection is of high concern - I mean on all the “risk” charts, anything outside was always lower with or without a mask - so I’m just not surprised to see the recommendations change, or see Fauci making such a comment. I mean I would sure as heck hope that a VACCINATED person with a MASK on OUTSIDE would be at minimal risk. Still, it’s good to see some hopeful news coming from officials.
So not trying to bring this back up truly but I saw the update from the CDC and because you mentioned protests and thought to give one final update since the PP had just mentioned Fauci's comment.

This is CDC's updated guidance

• "Everyone should keep wearing masks at crowded outdoor events such as concerts or sporting events" and
  • "fully vaccinated Americans don't need to wear masks outdoors anymore unless they are in a big crowd of strangers"

Looks like the recommendation would still be if you're going to go to a large enough protest around strangers, vaccinated or not, wear your masks and if you're going to concerts or sporting events do so as well, vaccinated or not.

Whew okay back to lighter news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter