Uplifting COVID News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide whether I think this is uplifting because we finally have an official "exit strategy" from all the covid restrictions or depressing because of how hard we're likely to struggle to hit the targets, but Michigan does now have a reopening outline based on the percentage of the eligible population that is vaccinated.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...trictions-as-4-vaccination-goals-are-reached/

New Jersey is yellow for the second time in a year (I think we were only in yellow a week the first time)! Our schools are supposed to go down from three cohorts to two cohorts so the kids can have two or three mornings in school every week instead of one or two.

"The World Series of Barbecue, the world’s largest barbecue competition, will return to the Kansas Speedway this year. It will be held Sept. 16-19. This marks the 41st year for the event, with competitors attending from all around the world."

BBQ is kinda a lifeblood here so it's great news. What isn't notated in the article is whether spectators/public will be allowed. Last year it was cancelled. The Lenexa BBQ Competition (another big one here) will be held this year in June but will not be opened to the public. Last year that one was cancelled.

and I assume the zoo, which has been open for quite a while now, will maintain their masks.
Guess we'll find out here really soon if some of the places in my area (zoo,

Well an update to my post:

"Effective Friday, April 30, the zoo will no longer require face masks in any outdoor areas. This includes areas where masks were previously required such as on rides and bridges. The zoo does recommend that all visitors continue to keep six feet apart and to wear face masks where that isn’t possible."

My county did let their mask mandate run out tomorrow (with Saturday being the first day) but businesses can still require them. Other counties, including where the zoo is located at (which is on the other side of the state line) have retained their mask mandate but also generally they have updated them for outdoor guidance (as in usually not needed outside).

Not sure if anyone posted this already.

Pfizer pill to treat Covid symptoms could be ready by year’s end:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/27/pfi...lable-by-year-end-ceo-albert-bourla-says.html

Pfizer’s experimental oral drug to treat Covid-19 at the first sign of illness could be available by the end of the year, CEO Albert Bourla told CNBC on Tuesday.

If clinical trials go well and the Food and Drug Administration approves it, the drug could be distributed across the U.S. by the end of the year, Bourla told CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

Health experts say the drug, taken by mouth, could be a game changer because people newly infected with the virus could use it outside of hospitals. Researchers hope the medication will keep the disease from progressing and prevent hospital trips.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/27/pfi...lable-by-year-end-ceo-albert-bourla-says.html

Pfizer’s experimental oral drug to treat Covid-19 at the first sign of illness could be available by the end of the year, CEO Albert Bourla told CNBC on Tuesday.

If clinical trials go well and the Food and Drug Administration approves it, the drug could be distributed across the U.S. by the end of the year, Bourla told CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

Health experts say the drug, taken by mouth, could be a game changer because people newly infected with the virus could use it outside of hospitals. Researchers hope the medication will keep the disease from progressing and prevent hospital trips.”
This is fantastic news.

I missed that interview. Thanks for sharing the info. Good news indeed.

I was wondering if any of you remember what news outlet you were watching, where you were when you heard it, or what you were doing when thePfizer CEO, Albert Bourla, first announced the studies that the Pfizer vaccine showed 95 percent efficacy? We heard the initial interview with Bourla on CNBC Squack Box. We were in the beach house we have rented 3 times since last July in Panama City Beach, having coffee when we heard the interview live. We proceeded to have a lovely day on the beach celebrating. We never imagined we would both be fully vaccinated by February 20th. Talk about good news!

I was wondering if any of you remember what news outlet you were watching, where you were when you heard it, or what you were doing when thePfizer CEO, Albert Bourla, first announced the studies that the Pfizer vaccine showed 95 percent efficacy? We heard the initial interview with Bourla on CNBC Squack Box. We were in the beach house we have rented 3 times since last July in Panama City Beach, having coffee when we heard the interview live. We proceeded to have a lovely day on the beach celebrating. We never imagined we would both be fully vaccinated by February 20th. Talk about good news!
I more than likely heard it here on the DIS first. If not I most likely read it in NYT. Do not watch the news.

I'm guessing I saw it on local news. By saw I mean I went to their website. I hardly watch the news any more. I usually just go to several local news sites and then branch out to national or global news mostly via a News app on my phone or Google news on my phone.

Up until 8 am we watch the business news on CNBC. Watching news on tv after 8 am is repetitive so unneeded for us.

I probably read about it in The NY Times. I’ll listen to Bloomberg on SirusXM on the way to work. And I’ll read the Economist once a week. I usually watch Sky News for a bit in the evening. I love to hear what the British think of Americans. It’s a different perspective. Lots of news now about India, which is definitely not positive.

C&P from A.S. twitter(not sure I can post the name)...

With 100 million Americans fully vaccinated today, where are we?
-Deaths down 90% among people over 40 -Hospitalizations & deaths down 81% & 84% for people over 70
-Test positivity below WHO level of 5% -15th straight drop in case rate.
Imagine where we can be at 200 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter