UPDATED: Ultimate park hop - 6 parks in one day - WE DID IT!

Nothing says you have to be at EMM at 745. If EMH at DAK start at 7 you could get it and ride whatever you could quickly and get back out to a taxi/uber/contemporary bus and then walk in to Fantasyland with some time before rope drop for some rides. Grab a quick breakfast and bottled beverage while the rope drop crowd is piling in. Then head to HS or Epcot whichever way you were thinking. By 10 am you could be in your 3rd park ready to use FPs.

Last edited:
did all 4 in one day. ended up regretting it because I finished the day exhausted and spent 90% of the day on a bus. Wouldn't do it again. However, doing all 6 parks in one day sounds like a pretty cool achievement and one that you could probably get some recognition from disney for doing

Didn't read all responses, but hoping someone pointed out a way for you to do 8 parks: add the 2 FL water parks (I think some consider those also to be 'parks.')

Unless its part of your quest, I wouldn't take any WDW buses or monorail, in the interest of saving time. Far too many times - even on the monorail - we've run into lengthy delays. I'd for sure Uber everywhere (from/to MK: CR or TTC). Maybe the express park to park bus, if the timing works for you, but watching the clock for that doesn't seem worth it when Uber is so inexpensive. (FYI I've waited at last 40 minutes at least once per trip - for years - for a bus at a park. Monorail: last June took over an hour to go from MK, transfer to Epcot beam, and get to Epcot. Delays on both.)
And I'd definitely go bag free, to avoid that line.

Nothing says you have to be at EMM at 745. If EMH at DAK start at 7 you could get it and ride whatever you could quickly and get back out to a taxi/uber/contemporary bus and then walk in to Fantasyland with some time before rope drop for some rides. Grab a quick breakfast and bottled beverage while the rope drop crowd is piling in. Then head to HS or Epcot whichever way you were thinking. By 10 am you could be in your 3rd park ready to use FPs.

Very true! IF there's a 7 am Pandora we could start there, then EMM at MK, and have extra time for the remaining two parks. I like it.

did all 4 in one day. ended up regretting it because I finished the day exhausted and spent 90% of the day on a bus. Wouldn't do it again. However, doing all 6 parks in one day sounds like a pretty cool achievement and one that you could probably get some recognition from disney for doing

We've done all 4 parks in one day a few times, mainly during our Christmas trips, when the parks are crazy crowded. We wouldn't be getting a lot done even if we stayed in one park all day anyway, so it provides a fun challenge to the day. Our kids are Disney geeks like us so they love the challenge!

Didn't read all responses, but hoping someone pointed out a way for you to do 8 parks: add the 2 FL water parks (I think some consider those also to be 'parks.')

That would be truly insane. Because we'd have to deal with wet bathing suits on top of everything else!! Our park time is so limited to begin with, there's no way this would be possible. Plus we've never been to the water parks, despite having been to WDW like 20 times and being AP holders. How cruel would that be to the kids if their first water park trips were quick in and out visits just the check it off a list?!?! LOL They'd hate us! :)

Unless its part of your quest, I wouldn't take any WDW buses or monorail, in the interest of saving time. Far too many times - even on the monorail - we've run into lengthy delays. I'd for sure Uber everywhere (from/to MK: CR or TTC). Maybe the express park to park bus, if the timing works for you, but watching the clock for that doesn't seem worth it when Uber is so inexpensive. (FYI I've waited at last 40 minutes at least once per trip - for years - for a bus at a park. Monorail: last June took over an hour to go from MK, transfer to Epcot beam, and get to Epcot. Delays on both.)
And I'd definitely go bag free, to avoid that line.

Yup - we'd like to avoid Disney transportation as much as possible! Definitely using Express bus. And I think we'd prefer to use a cab over Uber. We've had a few terrible Uber experiences at WDW and just don't want to risk that. The cabs might be a bit more expensive. But at least they generally know where they're going!!

And definitely going bagless! Ain't got time for that!! :)

We went ahead and bought the EMM tickets. I'd be so sad if it sold out and killed our attempt before it even started.

My husband and I also both just signed up for TSA Precheck. Every time we go to WDW we comment that we should do it. And so in order to make this ultimate park hop as smooth as possible, we finally did!

Our FP+ day for this trip is rapidly approaching. The family is truly crazy and wants to try to do Na'vi River Journey as our DAK ride (with back up plans in case Pandora is a hot mess that morning.) Stresses me out but I'm willing to go for it!

So as of now the plan is:
  1. MK: No FP needed with EMM, ride 7DMT, Pan, and Pooh
  2. DAK: Try for a 9:00-10:00 am FP+ for Na'vi River Journey when our 60-day window opens
  3. DHS: Play the refresh game in MDE on our way there, hopefully get an immediate FP for Rock n Roller Coaster, but we will take what we can get
  4. EPCOT: Play the refresh game again on our way, hopefully get an immediate Spaceship Earth FP, but will take whatever, or worst case scenario will ride Gran Fiesta Tour standby if we have to

Fast Pass day was Saturday. It took a few tries, but we were able to get four FPs for Na'vi River Journey for 9:05-10:05 am on our coast-to-coast park hop day! That which we can plan for is falling into place!

In 17 days, we should know what the CA park hours will be and can start formulating our plan of attack for the west coast!

Wow sounds like you got it all worked out. Good Luck to you and your family on your quest!

Thank you!!! We need all the pixie dust we can get! So many things could go wrong... rain, closed attractions, late buses, late flights, LA traffic... We can only do so much planning. The rest is in fate's hands!!

I haven't tried to get fastpasses in a different park than I'm in but do you have to wait until you are on the bus to try? I know when I am going for my 4th or more FP for the day, I can start looking as soon as I scan in for my current fast pass. That might help you. Start looking for your Epcot fast pass as soon as you scan in for the previous ride, even if it is in a different park.

This sounds so cool! I hope it works out. And good move getting TSA precheck- I have it as well and it makes getting through airport security smoother.

I haven't tried to get fastpasses in a different park than I'm in but do you have to wait until you are on the bus to try? I know when I am going for my 4th or more FP for the day, I can start looking as soon as I scan in for my current fast pass. That might help you. Start looking for your Epcot fast pass as soon as you scan in for the previous ride, even if it is in a different park.

Absolutely! As soon as we tap into Na'vi River Journey in DAK we will be able to start trying for our FP in DHS. Between queue time and transportation time between parks, I hope we have enough time to play the "refresh game" and get RnRC for DHS and then Spaceship Earth for Epcot!

Are you going to live stream on Facebook or Periscope?

Haven't thought through it really. I know I will be updating my Facebook and my husband will probably be updating on Twitter, but that's only really useful for people who know us in real life. I might be able to update this thread on the fly, though I'd have to figure out how to upload photos. I will have to think of other ways to share... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter