Updated - Twirl Mania 2010!!!

I have a question for those of you who compete usta? Could you please explain how you do your military marching? Thanks.

We'd like to know this too -- we do NBTA, without the military corners (my daughter finds it hard enough not to smile, don't want to make it more difficult for her)

We'd like to know this too -- we do NBTA, without the military corners (my daughter finds it hard enough not to smile, don't want to make it more difficult for her)

I will go look for a video of my DD doing Military or I will tape her tonight for you. I will post a link to the video.

Just for a quick explanation, our sanctioned Military is done in the shape of an "L". And then we also offer the regular Military box.

Her competition this weekend went well. It was NBTA which we aren't used to, we twirl USTA. USTA using the set system like Twirlmania and they just seem more organized to us.

We are starting to organize our stuff and are super excited!!! :cool1: :cool1:

Okay, I uploaded a video of her doing military box, working on finding a video of the "L". I will PM you a link to the video. Keep in mind this was from her first competition, so her marching was very novice...

GOOD LUCK everyone!

I used to twirl (for about 20 years) but Disney never had this. Sounds very cool. I wish I was down there for it!

I stopped twirling when I was about 20 (37 now).

Amy

Hey Amy thanks for the good wishes. I think they have been doing this competiton about 14/15 years. It originally started at Universal Studios, but it was outside. My DD's coaches have been going since forever.:)

I am so excited to discover others who love Disney and twirling!!!:cool1:

I just wanted to start a thread for all of us twirl parents who will be taking our children to Twirl Mania this year! Introduce yourselves...maybe we will have the chance to meet.

My name is Dyan and my DD Talya is competing for her third time at Twirl Mania. She will be competing in the Pre-Teen Gold competition, Miss Twirl Mania and some open events (two baton, strut solo and freestyle), she will also be performing at the Gold Showcase in EPCOT on Sunday afternoon.

:offtopic: hey you!!! how are you ??? LTNC!!!!!!:wave2:

Hi everyone!

My name is Tracey and yes, I'm another twirling mom. My DD Caili will be twirling this year for her first time at Twirlmania. She will be in both the afternoon and evening parades at MK on 2/14 and will also compete as a group on that same day, whew!

We will be staying at Pop Century from 2/12 through 2/20.

Good luck to everyone!

I almost have Victoria's costume done. I still need to add a few more stones and stone her gloves tonight. We have competition in the am.

We will go the Disney Feb 12 and stay through the 16th.

Did anyone notice the time changes for the "night" parade? That is disapointing.

Victoria is so excited about friday, saturday and sundays events. She cannot wait to compete.

For those of you whose daughters have competed individually...How do the events flow? Victoria is doing her solo, strut, marching military and basic. She is also going for miss twirlmania. She is a novice except fot strut 1..and she is a beginner.

This is her first time with individuals but we have done teams and parades before at Twirlmania.

The set system runs like clockwork -- but although there are times posted for each entry, they don't run by the clock :rotfl: So, just go by the listing in the set system. If you miss it, there is no way to make it up.

Last year, we had 2 conflicts and had to scratch on 2 of Shanna's events to do the day parade. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing whether there will be a conflict until you buy the registration book on Thurs or Fri. Not sure whether this happens with other events or it is just conflicts with the parades -- those are the only ones we have had so far.

I was up last night til 1 am gluing rhinestones on, too -- but that one is done now! Just have about 4 inches of beaded fringe left to make. :cool1:

By the way, how old is Victoria? Shanna is novice for military march and beginner in everything else -- she does Super X strut.

Does anyone happen to know if we can add additional park admission day to our ticket that we bought through Twirlmania? We bought a 3 day ticket because that's all we could afford at the time, and we would like to add 6 more days to the pass...

Does anyone happen to know if we can add additional park admission day to our ticket that we bought through Twirlmania? We bought a 3 day ticket because that's all we could afford at the time, and we would like to add 6 more days to the pass...

We were wondering that too -- people from our group did it 3 years ago. We need 1 more day (we have 5)

Dyan? Help? :confused3

As far as tickets I suggest you call Joyce ASAP. I spoke to her a few days ago and I was able to buy another ticket, so you might be able to still add on, but I would call now!!!

As far as individual events, your best friend is a highlighter. The set system does run very organized, but you just need to be sure which lanes at what time. Especially, if you have 2 modelings, 2 marchings, 2 solos...

Talya is in the Gold competition Friday morning and Friday evening she will do all her modeling and marching. Saturday morning she has her solo and pageant strut and then in the afternoon she has two baton and open strut. It's a crazy schedule and leaves no time for a parade. Sunday is the showcase at EPCOT and then awards that night. I am tired just thinking about it.

And as far as costumes go, ours are finished!!!:cool1:

If any of you wants to get together while at WWS, I will be there all day Friday and Saturday. I will PM you my cell phone and maybe we can have a mini meet!:)

:offtopic: (wish he had a happy face)Hi Timmy!!!:wave: How are you!?!?! Life here has been crazy hectic and I don't know if it will calm down before August!

Talya is in the Gold competition Friday morning and Friday evening she will do all her modeling and marching. Saturday morning she has her solo and pageant strut and then in the afternoon she has two baton and open strut. It's a crazy schedule and leaves no time for a parade. Sunday is the showcase at EPCOT and then awards that night. I am tired just thinking about it.

What about freestyle? Friday afternoon? You're busier than you think! :rotfl2:

Shanna had a competition last weekend where she did only half of the events -- she was so exhausted from waiting around in between events. I prefer to have one right after the other -- she's just turned 9 so I think that helps her stay focused on why she is there ie. not to play tag in the hallways

We are there Fri. morning for parade tryouts -- won't know if we'll go back to the hotel for a break before freestyle or after until we see the book. Sat. is crazy for us until dinner time, then nothing til Sunday (1 group routine)

Dyan, do you know anything about how to get around the conflict between auxilliary solos. At Twirlmania, the auxilliary solos are scheduled for 12:30 to 5:30 so a twirler could potentially do them and the Sat. parade if there wasn't a time conflict. But since we don't know what number they are, we have to pay for them and hope for the best. Kinda sucks that Shanna has to scratch on those events (which we had to do last year). At AYOP and other NBTA events, you can check into your lane if you have a conflict.

Victoria is 10.

For those who asked about the tickets. I would call and speak to someone. I am not sure you can upgrade those tickets at the gate.

Victoria did ok yesterday. Her performances were not the best but not the worst.

Our teams all did great. Victoria's team has a lot of newcomers and they had a lot of drops. I think they were all nervous their first time out on the floor.They have not done that in practice before.

We are all so excited for next week!!

Hi everyone!

My name is Tracey and yes, I'm another twirling mom. My DD Caili will be twirling this year for her first time at Twirlmania. She will be in both the afternoon and evening parades at MK on 2/14 and will also compete as a group on that same day, whew!

We will be staying at Pop Century from 2/12 through 2/20.

Good luck to everyone!

My girls are in both the parades on 2/14 but are competing on 2/15. Maybe we'll see you there - they are with Hamilton Pal they wear blue and white sequined costumes and usually have blue and black warm up suits with their team name and their names. Good Luck! We're leaving tomorrow morning for Disney!

We are also leaving in the morning...just got done getting everything ready! Unfortunately, we just found out Saturday that my daughter will not able to be in the night parade because they changed the time of things AGAIN! I'm pretty frustrated at this point and am not sure that DD will compete in Twirlmania after this year...it just really does not seem to be ran too well, and way to many last minute changes!

However, I'm sure we will have so much fun and we are all very excited!

My girls are in both the parades on 2/14 but are competing on 2/15. Maybe we'll see you there - they are with Hamilton Pal they wear blue and white sequined costumes and usually have blue and black warm up suits with their team name and their names. Good Luck! We're leaving tomorrow morning for Disney!

We are also leaving in the morning...just got done getting everything ready! Unfortunately, we just found out Saturday that my daughter will not able to be in the night parade because they changed the time of things AGAIN! I'm pretty frustrated at this point and am not sure that DD will compete in Twirlmania after this year...it just really does not seem to be ran too well, and way to many last minute changes!

However, I'm sure we will have so much fun and we are all very excited!

Wishing you both good luck!:wizard:

Good Luck Everyone!! It will be great to have a place to discuss Twirlmania when we get back.

Does anyone know what you receive at early registration? This is Victoria's first time doing individuals. Thanks.

Good Luck Everyone!! It will be great to have a place to discuss Twirlmania when we get back.

Does anyone know what you receive at early registration? This is Victoria's first time doing individuals. Thanks.

If I remember right, you get your tickets and your program (don't forget your highlighter).:)

Only tired.....LOL

I am exhausted!!! I felt old for the first time this weekend.

I am sorry I did not run into anyone.

Did anyone notice our group?

How did everyone's twirlers and teams do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter