Updated - Twirl Mania 2010!!!

lewdyan1

DIS Veteran
Since we still seem to check in here I just changed it for this year!!!:cool1:

I am so excited to discover others who love Disney and twirling!!!:cool1:

I just wanted to start a thread for all of us twirl parents who will be taking our children to Twirl Mania this year! Introduce yourselves...maybe we will have the chance to meet.

My name is Dyan and my DD Talya is competing for her third time at Twirl Mania. She will be competing in the Pre-Teen Gold competition, Miss Twirl Mania and some open events (two baton, strut solo and freestyle), she will also be performing at the Gold Showcase in EPCOT on Sunday afternoon.

Hi another twirling mom here - girls are competing in their first Twirlimania. They are in group competition.

The girls will be in both the afternoon and evening parades at MK on Feb. 14th and competing at Twirlmania on the 15th.

We are staying at the Grand Floridian arriving on the 10th and departing on the 17th.

If anyone plans a DIS meet let me know!

Oops, I forgot to say we will be staying at POP Century.

I think one of my favorite things about Twirl Mania is to see the kids at the hotels outside practicing. There are very few twirlers in my county...so it's always great to see lots of other kids working towards the same goals.:)

Twirl mom here!! We will be competing with our group and doing individuals.

Our teams will compete Sunday. We have our younger girls in the day parade and our older girls are in the night parade. We have a total of 10 teams.

Friday and saturday am my dd will be competing as an individual.This is her first time doing individuals at Twirlmania. She is a novice.

omg i wish how long has disney been doing this i wish we went to this when i did twirling that would have been so much fun maybe i'll look for my baton in my clost and head down to disney lol

Hi everyone, my name is Lisa and my DD Shanna will be competing in Twirlmania for the 2nd time. She just turned 9 and this will be trying out for the soloists day parade -- she did it last year and loved it! She is also competing in freestyle, Miss Twirlmania and open events, as well as small group (I think Sat. pm)

We are with the Halifax Sparklette Majorettes (from Halifax, Nova Scotia) and are staying at ASMusic. We plan to attend every year. Really looking forward to seeing green grass and feeling warm!

Thanks for starting this thread.
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Looking for an awards night ticket... If anyone has an extra ticket for the awards ceremony I am looking for one without having to buy a park ticket.

Thanks!:)

Looking for an awards night ticket... If anyone has an extra ticket for the awards ceremony I am looking for one without having to buy a park ticket.

Thanks!:)

I didn't know you could get in with a park ticket. I'll let you know if I here of any, but not likely from our group.

I didn't know you could get in with a park ticket. I'll let you know if I here of any, but not likely from our group.

When I say park ticket, I mean a ticket package from Twirl Mania. The only way for me to get an extra ticket for the awards is to buy a one day ticket package. I just figured if someone has other family members going, maybe not everyone is going to the awards. My DS doesn't go to the awards, he says it's too long and usually too cold for us Floridians.;)

When I say park ticket, I mean a ticket package from Twirl Mania. The only way for me to get an extra ticket for the awards is to buy a one day ticket package. I just figured if someone has other family members going, maybe not everyone is going to the awards. My DS doesn't go to the awards, he says it's too long and usually too cold for us Floridians.;)

Ahhh. Just the bracelet, right? Still, our group probably won't have extra.

Cold is a relative thing, I guess. Earlier this week it was 25 C in Orlando, I hear. It was -21 C here (which is not normal for NS, so I was freezing!) You'll know the people from Canada -- they'll all be wearing tank tops and shorts.

Ahhh. Just the bracelet, right? Still, our group probably won't have extra.

Cold is a relative thing, I guess. Earlier this week it was 25 C in Orlando, I hear. It was -21 C here (which is not normal for NS, so I was freezing!) You'll know the people from Canada -- they'll all be wearing tank tops and shorts.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: You know me, I will be the one with gloves, a scarf, a hat and a big comfy coat!;)

I forgot to say ... my name is Jennifer and our group name is TRI-CITY DANCE TWIRLERS. Trust me you will not be able to miss our group. Sat at MK our parents have a red shirt and sun our team parents have a nice bright lime green shirt. LOL We all always have our bling on. :) Oue teams are 50 girls and Between the night and day parade I think we have 130 marching.

Our windsuits are black and white.

I've been told we have some of the most recognizable jackets -- that's how we find each other at competitions and parades. They are white and red, with a huge red maple leaf on the back. I'll let the other mums know they might run into you.

Forgot to post - our group is called Hamilton PAL Twirlers. The girls have blue and black warm up suits to wear over their costumes to the park and to the awards ceremony. The Twirling Moms have royal blue polos with the Twirling name and our names embroidered on them.

Hope to see some of you there!

Talya twirls for Synergy. Our group twirls in the USTA organization. We are a really small team and we will only be doing solo stuff at Twirl Mania. We don't really have team warm ups, but some of the girls have black jackets with Synergy on it and the moms sometimes wear a lime green Synergy t-shirt.:)

Good Morning! :wave:

We are off to competition today! One last time on the floor before heading to WWS!:cool1:

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!:goodvibes

Hope your competition went well.

We compete DMA but are looking into other options for the future.

Do you know if we can add extra park days to our Twirlmania park passes (I hear that people were able to do this on the last group trip, but that was 3 years ago) Oddly enough, we're thinking that doing this would give us more usable down time at the hotel since we could hit the parks on more days but spend less time there when we do go.

I have a question for those of you who compete usta? Could you please explain how you do your military marching? Thanks.

GOOD LUCK everyone!

I used to twirl (for about 20 years) but Disney never had this. Sounds very cool. I wish I was down there for it!

I stopped twirling when I was about 20 (37 now).

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter