UPDATED: MagicBands will NOT be coming to Disneyland

I think it's all speculation at this point. The funny thing is that I see a lot of posts saying, " Maybe it won't be as bad as WDW" Kind of telling isn't it?
ITA.

Personally, I think that it could be worse in some ways for those who hope to just go for the day. It might actually be better for those who plan in advance since way fewer might take advantage of preplanning a trip to DLR.

Ugh. :worried:

I skimmed this thread, and will have to go back and read later.
Unfortunately, I turned my head the other way when I heard about MagicBand and FP+ coming to WDW since it's not my home park and I've never been or planning to visit anytime soon. So I said, "meh" :coffee:
Nooooow since it's coming west coast, or a form of it, I'm curious as to how this will work. I'm sure they will customize it for the ratio of annual passholders vs. vacationers that DL has. I assume, this MagicBand will work out nicely for annual passholders, FP+ not so much :scared:
Anyways, I'm pretty sure AP's will be vocal if it becomes a hassle to visit the parks spontaneously :mic:
I'm sitting and watching popcorn::

I think it's all speculation at this point. The funny thing is that I see a lot of posts saying, " Maybe it won't be as bad as WDW" Kind of telling isn't it?

Agree with speculations but not with thoughts of negativity! :rolleyes:
If you really love Disney you will just roll with the changes once they come & they WILL COME!! ;)
I loved Harry Potter books/movies enough to endure THE MOST TORTURED :crowded: experiences (BAD weather at times;LONG LINE waiting times including just to GET IN to buy stuff from certain HP stores and SHUT OUTS to GET IN the HP Areas :faint: ) at Universal Parks in Orlando !!! HATED THOSE MOMENTS :scared: but would not trade at all for the FINAL experiences we had!!! :grouphug:

So speaking as a LOCAL So Cal AP Holder, an 8 year DVC member of 2 home resorts & Disney stock holder..... if you LOVE all things Disney, YOU WILL ROLL with the CHANGES THAT COME or NEVER return to DLR!! :wave2:
The choice is yours!! :flower3:

If you really love Disney you will just roll with the changes once they come & they WILL COME!! ;)
I loved Harry Potter books/movies enough to endure THE MOST TORTURED :crowded: experiences (BAD weather at times;LONG LINE waiting times including just to GET IN to buy stuff from certain HP stores and SHUT OUTS to GET IN the HP Areas :faint: ) at Universal Parks in Orlando !!! HATED THOSE MOMENTS :scared: but would not trade at all for the FINAL experiences we had!!! :grouphug:

So speaking as a LOCAL So Cal AP Holder, an 8 year DVC member of 2 home resorts & Disney stock holder..... if you LOVE all things Disney, YOU WILL ROLL with the CHANGES THAT COME or NEVER return to DLR!! :wave2:
Here's My opinion: you've drunk too many glasses of cool aide and your post is total crap!:flower3:

Things are going to get interesting for sure- hopefully with using WDW as a guinea pig, we will see something that's a bit more streamlined.

I am curious on how they're going to handle APs and CMs who often visit last minute.

ITA.

Personally, I think that it could be worse in some ways for those who hope to just go for the day. It might actually be better for those who plan in advance since way fewer might take advantage of preplanning a trip to DLR.

Ugh. :worried:

I agree. But what I think of any FP+ sort of arrangement in DLR depends on how much capacity is left day of. It doesn't matter if I have tons of choice 60 days out (because there are so few onsite hotels) if the locals scoop everything else up at 30 days out. The end result would still be difficulty adding anything worthwhile after using the first 3.

And if they follow WDW's lead and have night shows count, then you would not be able to see WOC or Fantasmic without having your 3rd late at night, keeping you from getting a 4th or subsequent FP that day.

Is this a serious post? If it is I'll just say "wow". :confused:

I agree. But what I think of any FP+ sort of arrangement in DLR depends on how much capacity is left day of. It doesn't matter if I have tons of choice 60 days out (because there are so few onsite hotels) if the locals scoop everything else up at 30 days out. The end result would still be difficulty adding anything worthwhile after using the first 3.

And if they follow WDW's lead and have night shows count, then you would not be able to see WOC or Fantasmic without having your 3rd late at night, keeping you from getting a 4th or subsequent FP that day.
I hadn't even thought about the evening shows. That would be a problem.

I just wonder if the locals would use that 30 day window though. They always seem to enjoy being able to go just whenever without worrying too much about planning anything.

I hadn't even thought about the evening shows. That would be a problem.

I just wonder if the locals would use that 30 day window though. They always seem to enjoy being able to go just whenever without worrying too much about planning anything.

I don't understand why they would implement FP+ at DL. Would it really fix any ride capacity issues? Are there a lot of guest complaints? I enjoy DL as is.

I don't understand why they would implement FP+ at DL. Would it really fix any ride capacity issues? Are there a lot of guest complaints? I enjoy DL as is.
I enjoyed WDW as it was too and you see where that went. ;)

Is this a serious post? If it is I'll just say "wow". :confused:

I am very serious!! ::yes:: as honestly explained in a few of my previous posts of how my recent 2 week vacation was in Orlando! :) Yes all things were far from perfect on this trip BUT made the best of it & STILL manage to enjoy
Our time! :cheer2
Just really getting tired of all these negative posts.
:flower3:

So Magic Bands will be coming and it seems likely that that means some form of FP+ will come since we won't have a card to pull paper Fastpasses anymore.
I think it is likely that it will need to arranged in a different way than at WDW as others have said, there is not the need to fill so many rooms on site, there is a higher base of AP's and (to me anyway) most importantly-they don't even get the hours out until 6 weeks or so before the dates (something I find infuriating).
Maybe it will be in the 1 week out you book?
I also will be curious to see what the limits are. At WDW it is 3 prebooked with a 4th after that, and you can only book in one park.
I would hope given that there are as many headline attractions across the 2 parks as WDW's 4 that the prebooked amount would be higher or at least you book more than one other.
I would also like it if you didnt have to have used (or time expired) your FP+ bookings before making a 4th-wouldnt it be cool if you could prebook a ride on RSR after dark?
WDW also has (IMO)way more set character meets so I like that I can use FP for that instead of waiting 45 minutes to see Tinkerbell.
We will be heading to WDW in Oct/Nov and this will be our 1st trip using FP+, I will see how it works for our touring style at that time.

Does anyone think that because DLR (esp. DL), has many rides in a smaller geographic area than WDW, it would make a difference on the set up of a DLR FP+ system?

Does anyone think that because DLR (esp. DL), has many rides in a smaller geographic area than WDW, it would make a difference on the set up of a DLR FP+ system?

Yes and no. On the one hand it has as many headliners and general attractions between the DLR two as the WDW does across the 4 meaning maybe it doesnt need to be limited to 3 however DLR doesnt have the as many of the other attractions that you can FP+. Fireworks and F! every night, Illuminations, and the character meet and greet that add alot of FP+ capacity.

I was afraid of this...given it was such a big financial investment it doesn't surprise me...what concerns me is that there are not as many Disney hotel options in DL and this program very much caters to onsite guests. We can never afford to say onsite at DL, least expensive option for the time we would be able to go this year was $400.00/day for one of the Disney properties, with no moderate or value options here, this will be a HUGE factor for us in deciding where to vacation...super sad.

"Big financial investment" is a nice way to put it. A more accurate description would be the following: Tech boondoggle with rapidly ballooning costs that got completely out of control.

While the MBs and FP+ worked out for us at WDW, it doesn't make much sense when there are only two parks. The only plus I can see coming from this is if it alleviates the crowding situation (because of lots of angry people staying away from the parks).

"Big financial investment" is a nice way to put it. A more accurate description would be the following: Tech boondoggle with rapidly ballooning costs that got completely out of control.

While the MBs and FP+ worked out for us at WDW, it doesn't make much sense when there are only two parks. The only plus I can see coming from this is if it alleviates the crowding situation (because of lots of angry people staying away from the parks).
Maybe this is Disney's plan. they'll continue to sell AP's to locals, but the locals will be so disgusted with FP+ that they'll stop visiting! A winning situation for Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter