For those that were able to do 9 Best Buy dgc, did you wait a period of time in between. I seem to be stuck at 6, which isn’t bad, but would like to get more if possible.

Quick question. Do you turn off your red card on the Target app to pay with another credit card? I want to use a Discover Card and get the 10% off offer. Thanks!
For in store shopping, yes, just toggle off the RedCard in the wallet. That will have the register prompt for payment.

I know on self checkout it asks if I want to use my wallet to pay, and then you can choose, but I don't recall many cashier's asking. So I always adjust first before scanning so that I'm only using what I want before I scan for coupons.

Online shopping you can edit the payment method during checkout. No need to adjust the wallet there.

(Could also just try using your phone number in-store to access the coupon instead of the app. Then you shouldn't need to adjust anything. But for me the toggle is just easier since I habitually check settings and adjust before opening the barcode. )

For those that were able to do 9 Best Buy dgc, did you wait a period of time in between. I seem to be stuck at 6, which isn’t bad, but would like to get more if possible.
Like you, I was stuck at 6 after first 2 days, but thanks to Fox's tip about going Incognito, I have been able to do 2 sets of 3 every day since then. I am now up to 18. I did get the limit error message one time even in Incognito mode, but waited a couple of hours and used a new browser that I don't normally use (FireFox) and it was fine. I think others have noted here that even though they got the limit error message, they still tried later and they could buy again. Just keep experimenting! For accumulating a large amount over a short period of time, this is totally worth it as it's a straight up cash discount, unlike the gift card with gift card purchases or store rewards that take me a long time to use up or find out there are merchandise exclusions.

Someone reported a while back (although no one actually confirmed it) that Gamestop is now coded not to allow happy gift cards to buy 3rd party gift cards (and I would assume the Seasons greetings would be the same). Have you actually tried it in the last month or two?
No not that recently.

Anyone else having issues transferring a DGC this evening? It registered fine but errored out when I tried to transfer.

Process of elimination help please peeps! Has anyone transferred to/from a DGC containing money from the Staples gift cards in the last day? I don't think it is what caused me issues but I'd like to eliminate it.

The gift card I was trying to transfer to is locked. I tried to transfer to it again this morning and no luck, couldn't transfer the balance from it either. My new card transferred to another gift card just fine so it wasn't the new card. I called the gift card phone number and they told me the card is locked and to wait 24-48 hours and if it still doesn't work to email them at the guest service email she gave me. I leave for WDW tomorrow. Of course.

So why? My leading contender is this card was used to add-on to a room deposit on 11/27 and the res was then switched like 3 times in the space of 48 hours with the last change on 11/29 (AP rates for next week started showing up like crazy and I couldn't decide). I haven't done any other activity on the card since then. But, I want to eliminate Staples as an option with their situation.

For this moment I'm not adding or combining anymore of my DGCs via the web, the CMs can just stand there and scan my last couple hundred at WDW as I don't want to lose access to those funds too. I emailed guest services today obviously given my time crunch. I'm going to load all my receipts to a pdf and email it to myself so if Disney wants the receipts I can do it on the go at Disney.

Yeah, I really think I bounced the res around too fast, stupid Disney IT.

From now on my Resort Deposit gc's and Spending gc's are church and state. No crossover at all, any remaining money on my resort dep gc's will be brought with me to spend, won't be combined to a spending card.

Curse you Disney IT :badpc::badpc::badpc:

Wow, I cannot believe I missed all this! No Staples for me but what a drag and the worst time for things to go wonky.
I hope it gets sorted out and it's smooth sailing from here.

I will say one peep wrote about a similar situation and the CM at the reservation deck allowed her to get a DGC from the gift shop and funds were transferred internally.

I sincerely hope you have a wonderful vacay. We'll leave the light on!

That's what I do. If I've paid on my stay with a card I note in my spreadsheet that I used it and when. Then that card won't get funds added to it until after I'm back whether it's 0 or has $. I also try not to load too much more than whatever my final payment is onto that last card.

The cards I use in park will have their own bal and whatever is left stays on it and it may become the 1st resort card for the next stay.

It keeps it cleaner and should I need to cancel the trip the cards are empty or close to it for the refund.

This is exactly what I do, label and separate DGC into groups and recommend this method to all. So much easier to keep track. Excellent write up @afan
  • Resort Cards: If I've paid on my stay with a card I note in my spreadsheet that I used it and when. Then that card won't get funds added to it until after I'm back whether it's 0 or has $. I also try not to load too much more than whatever my final payment is onto that last card.
    • This may take up to 5 or 6 cards loaded up to $1,000 each.
  • Spending Funds: The cards I use in park will have their own bal and whatever is left stays on it and it may become the 1st resort card for the next stay.
    • Good practice to rotate your DGC. Older cards may cause a hiccup in the system.
  • It keeps it cleaner and should I need to cancel the trip the cards are empty or close to it for the refund.

For in store shopping, yes, just toggle off the RedCard in the wallet. That will have the register prompt for payment.

I know on self checkout it asks if I want to use my wallet to pay, and then you can choose, but I don't recall many cashier's asking. So I always adjust first before scanning so that I'm only using what I want before I scan for coupons.

Online shopping you can edit the payment method during checkout. No need to adjust the wallet there.

(Could also just try using your phone number in-store to access the coupon instead of the app. Then you shouldn't need to adjust anything. But for me the toggle is just easier since I habitually check settings and adjust before opening the barcode. )

:teacher: Been schooled! :laughing: No really, thanks for posting all this info. I never would have known. It's weird I've never used an app to buy anything but DH is a real stickler.

Newegg: These offers were set to expire yesterday, but it's Newegg so they're still available today :laughing: Note, Uber is limit 10 was 5.

Newegg Gift Cards
  • Buy $25 Domino's Gift Card & Get $5 Domino's Gift Card
  • Buy $25 Fandango Gift Card for $20
  • Buy $100 Uber Gift Card for $90
  • Buy $50 Gap Gift Cards for $40

Thanks! It worked!

Do online gift card purchases from Sam’s trigger Chase offers?

Depends on the offer, right? Which offer do you have and what are the terms? These work just fine., as seen on Post #1
Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY

Credit Cards and More
  • Sam’s Club Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $240 Spend
    • Buy gift cards online
    • Maximum $24 back; valid on multiple transactions until that limit is reached.
    • Expires 12/31/23.
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q4 2023: Wholesale Clubs

Update: Limit has changed was 1 now it's 30

BJ’s Wholesale Club
1701556787238.png

• $50 Barnes & Noble Gift Cards for $39.99
Also still available:
Credit Cards & More
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q4 2023: Wholesale Clubs & PayPal
  • BJ's also accepts: Apple Pay
  • Shopping Portals here and here.

Depends on the offer, right? Which offer do you have and what are the terms? These work just fine., as seen on Post #1
Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY

Credit Cards and More
  • Sam’s Club Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $240 Spend
    • Buy gift cards online
    • Maximum $24 back; valid on multiple transactions until that limit is reached.
    • Expires 12/31/23.
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q4 2023: Wholesale Clubs
Yeah sorry I forgot about checking page 1. That’s the Sam’s offer I have so that should work. The other one is Aldi 10% back up to $6. On page 1 I see 5% back up to $3.

Just got my Target GCs and realized I paid with a different card....that wasn't Discover. D'oh!

I specifically pulled my discover out the drawer to take today. Insert it and it said to contact the bank. Tried it again and same thing so I just used my freedom. Walking out of the store I had text, email and a missed call from discover. I keep my phone on silent and didn't think anything of them wanting to verify I was actually making the 457 purchase.

Oh well. I rarely use the card so happy they did all that, a little annoyed at myself for not thinking to check my phone when I even mentioned to the cashier I guess they don't like it's been so long since I used the card.

Yeah sorry I forgot about checking page 1. That’s the Sam’s offer I have so that should work. The other one is Aldi 10% back up to $6. On page 1 I see 5% back up to $3.

This post has been edited: I've never shopped at an Aldi so I had to dig around for information. Some peeps are saying they have a Seasonal gift card rack with various gift cards including Disney, Shell, Ebay, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot and more as seen in the photo.
Some (all?) YMMV

1701561679490.png

Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY

Post #2 Discount District

Aldi
Buy store and/or 3rd Party gift cards in-store with the offers listed below:
  • Aldi Chase Offer: Various Offers
    • Earn 10% cash back on your Aldi purchase, with a $6.00 cash back maximum.
    • Expires 12/14/23.
  • Aldi Amex Offer: 10% back up to a $15 max
    • Expires 12/31/23.
  • List of Gift Cards sold at Aldi. 12/01/23.

Last edited:
This post has been edited: I've never shopped at an Aldi so I had to dig around for information. Some peeps are saying they have a Seasonal gift card rack with various gift cards including Disney, Shell, Ebay, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot and more as seen in the photo.
Some (all?) YMMV

View attachment 815156

Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY

Post #2 Discount District

Aldi
Buy store and/or 3rd Party gift cards in-store with the offers listed below:
  • Aldi Chase Offer: Various Offers
    • Earn 10% cash back on your Aldi purchase, with a $6.00 cash back maximum.
    • Expires 12/14/23.
  • Aldi Amex Offer: 10% back up to a $15 max
    • Expires 12/31/23.
  • List of Gift Cards sold at Aldi. 12/01/23.
@wdw_dine_junkie posted the display rack at their store that popped up before Thanksgiving
https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/post-65165926

There may be some regional variations, but these seem pretty national so I wouldn't expect anything too radically different. Although reading the linked list First Qtr Finance put together, which says it's unlikely to find a Chick-fil-A GC at Aldi at any time, and then staring at the obvious Chick-fil-A GC in this recent picture, I could be wrong!

I just tried and was successful this past week to do 3 DGC every 12 hours. It has helped so much with DVC annual dues and a couple trips coming up to have 15% off. Stocked and ready to use

@wdw_dine_junkie posted the display rack at their store that popped up before Thanksgiving
https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/post-65165926

There may be some regional variations, but these seem pretty national so I wouldn't expect anything too radically different. Although reading the linked list First Qtr Finance put together, which says it's unlikely to find a Chick-fil-A GC at Aldi at any time, and then staring at the obvious Chick-fil-A GC in this recent picture, I could be wrong!

Posted on Nov 20th - Sorry @wdw_dine_junkie for missing your post! I was off the boards getting ready for our HP Thanksgiving event. :blush:

Thank you both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter