UPDATED DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge #16 (07/30 to 08/06)

Bernie-Ann - Thank you, thank you!!!! You've gone above and beyond! Thank you so much for the participation prize. It's great!

Pam

I lost track of what day it was and almost forgot to post! I love all of the layouts. Templates are my favorite way to do layouts and this was a great one! Thank you!!!

Here is mine:

20021126-Winter-Summerland.jpg

Credits:

Kit: Ever After by Matahati (Zakirah)
Snowflake paperclip: Elegant Designs CD
Titles made by Creating Keepsakes Creative Lettering CD
Fonts: CK Cursive, Century Gothic, DSP Mel's World & CK Curly

BriarRose59 - Lovely LO! The golf courses look amazing. I'll definitely have to add this to my to do list for next time!

Thanks for playing! :thumbsup2

Here is my LO. I loved being forced to "write a story" Thanks for the great challenge.

GrandparentsCruiseBook-Page020.jpg

Credits: Shiver Me Timbers by British
Pirate by Ketchum

I've been wanting to get involved in these challenges for a while now but just have not had the time to do any scrapping. Anyway, here's mine:

Project6-2.jpg

Credits: Kits "Who Needs a Fairy Godmother" and "I'm a Dreamer" add-on by Britt-ish Designs

cruisecrzy - Fab LO! You did a great job!

Janis - What a beautiful LO! Love the colours you've used, they're perfect!

Thanks for joining in this week :thumbsup2

the last three that came in are fun!
Love the grass/sky background! That is so pretty!

the ticker tape works very well on the pirate theme!

And the wedding pictures are very enchanted indeed. Beautiful!!!

Hi!

Are there any directions as to how to get your page posted? I did mine in Storybook Creator Plus and I can't figure out how to get it from there to here. I've tried a few things, but with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi!

Are there any directions as to how to get your page posted? I did mine in Storybook Creator Plus and I can't figure out how to get it from there to here. I've tried a few things, but with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi -- This is what I do... There are probably other ways, but it works for me and gets the page about the right size for the post. In SBC+ w/ page open go to HOME - SAVE - SAVE PAGES AS. Where is says "Start File Name With", put in a name for your page there. Click the button thay says "1 selected page" (otherwise you will save every page if you are working in a StoryBook). Then click Save ... this will save it in whatever folder you chose outside of SBC+. Then, to get it the right size, I usually go to the file outside SBC+, right click on the jpeg file, and click "Open with" - "Paint" - "Image" -- "Resize/Reskew" and resize horizontal and vertical to about 20% and save. (Otherwise the page will be much too big to share on the web.) Now you have to upload it to a photo storage place like Photobucket or Smugmug. They are free... I use Photobucket. Once you open your account, you just follow the prompts to click on your file to upload it. Once you have done that, there is an "IMG" code fo your page. You click on it and copy and paste it right into your post and your page will come up. It sounds way more complicated than it is. Once you have done it a couple times, it all takes about 2 minutes. Hope this helps. :goodvibes

Thanks so much!!! :worship: I would never have figured it out by myself! I couldn't resize it the way you said, but was able to do it through the "save pages as" screen, choosing the "screen" option.

So, here it is!

346401128_x4Q9t-L.jpg

I used Creative Memories Primary Digital Power Palette for most of the design, and the Primary Zoo PP Additions for the green mat and the "wild thing" stamp.

The fonts are Chinese Takeaway and Font Shui, both downloaded from the 1001freefonts.com site. The clips and brads I borrowed from other CM themes (I believe Great Escapes?).

I used the Magic Wand tool to get Mushu's autograph from the photopass photos we ordered from the trip. I think that's it! I'll be happy to answer any "how-to" questions.

Thanks so much!!! :worship: I would never have figured it out by myself! I couldn't resize it the way you said, but was able to do it through the "save pages as" screen, choosing the "screen" option.

So, here it is!

346401128_x4Q9t-L.jpg

I used Creative Memories Primary Digital Power Palette for most of the design, and the Primary Zoo PP Additions for the green mat and the "wild thing" stamp.

The fonts are Chinese Takeaway and Font Shui, both downloaded from the 1001freefonts.com site. The clips and brads I borrowed from other CM themes (I believe Great Escapes?).

I used the Magic Wand tool to get Mushu's autograph from the photopass photos we ordered from the trip. I think that's it! I'll be happy to answer any "how-to" questions.

It looks perfect!! I love it. And what great photos.... and I think your way of resizing is easier than mine.... so I'll start doing it that way too! LOL!

I am wondering how you got the white edge around the autograph using SBC+.... that gives it sort of a "sticker" look -- which is really fun!

I am wondering how you got the white edge around the autograph using SBC+.... that gives it sort of a "sticker" look -- which is really fun!

I wish I could say how I did it, but the white edge comes with all of the "autographs" that you place on the photos when you order the PhotoPass CD. Wouldn't it be nice if adding a white border like that was an option?

Wow, talk about making it at the last minute! LOL I am so glad i got to get this done!
Thank you so much for the template, that was very nice of you!!
Everyone's layouts look great!

Hi Janis!!! Great to see you over here!! Glad i will get to put a face to the name in a few weeks! :)

Here is my entry, all supplies from Little Dreamer Designs hullaballo kit
teacups.jpg

quiltymom - Great LO! Love the journaling!

Caitsmama - Adorable. A perfect kit to match your photos.

Thanks for joining in! :thumbsup2

Hi Guys!

If you've posted a LO, and you haven't recieved a PM from me with a link to a little gift then please let me know!

Thanks!

Bernie

do we have a week 17 host?
(I always do mine too fast and then I have to wait a whole 6 days! agony!!!) :goodvibes

edited to add, I can volunteer if there is not a host lined up!

This was a great template and gave me the perfect layout style to use in my book for my blog write ups of our trip. Basically, when we were on our trip, I blogged about each day's activities. I want to put those write ups in the book, so this is what I came up with. I am experimenting with color coding words to set off parks, rides/shows, eating, and characters. I made the titles for use on each of the pages in separate files so I can open them and put them in each of these pages as I go easily.
blog-animal-kingdom-small.jpg

I titled my blog entry for that day, by the way, The Rainforest because of the storm that we experienced at AK and the location of dinner that night in Downtown Disney.

This was a challenging layout because all of the photos needed tweaking. As you can imagine (and the picture still isn't good) the photo from the Lion King Show really needed work. I basically didn't know I had anything captured until tweaking it. It was like an elephant appeared from the dark!

The one of the kids and Steve in the gift shop was over lit in the front and Steve was fading into the background, so that took a couple different sort of fixes. Maury's face...well, I can't fix that look...but it kind of shows the frustration of an 7 year old being stuck in a stupid store instead of being outside playing.

Everything is from Jennifer Trippetti's Jungle Love except the date strip is Britt's Got-A-Date: Strips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter