Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I dont' like the lottery idea at all. I"m not planning a 12 hour drive from TN and not knowing if I can even get into the park. I love US and IoA, but if the point of the trip is Epic, then I need to at least know I'm getting in. I'm good if there are no express passes at the start, or at least no express on the big, most popular rides. Like they did w the HP new rides when each opened. Sometimes I like the idea that the line is the line, and everyone waits, and the estimated time is closer to accurate, and you keep moving. Now that VC takes express, that line has become awful.
APs are going to skyrocket in price , if they even do include an option for Epic. .
As AP holders at WDW, we still have to make park reservations, and it sucks. I can't stand park reservations, but I could see that being needed at Epic, since it's going to be so insanely busy. But would be a great on site perk, if not required for those staying at their hotels.

I can see it being if you are staying at a Universal hotel you are guaranteed entry into all parks. Off site guests and APs may need reservations for the first year or two.

I just can't imagine any other way. You can't expect people to spend thousands booking vacation packages with just a lotteries chance at getting in to an entire gate.

I don't think there will be a lottery to get into the park but a lottery to access each of the lands and when. They already do early access and have a virtual queue for Nintendo World in Hollywood during busy days as the land can only hold so much capacity. I can see them trying to maintain each lands crowds by implementing the rumored lottery but its hard to see how they could sell tickets and not guarantee park access with those tickets.

I don't think there will be a lottery to get into the park but a lottery to access each of the lands and when. They already do early access and have a virtual queue for Nintendo World in Hollywood during busy days as the land can only hold so much capacity. I can see them trying to maintain each lands crowds by implementing the rumored lottery but it’s hard to see how they could sell tickets and not guarantee park access with those tickets.
The problem here is more likely that the actual park will be at capacity, not just a land like in USH. So, they need to moderate the crowd in the park and also moderate the people in each land.

If UOR is a busy and people think it will be, can Universal promise every onsite guest can get into EPiC each day? There is no way guests split themselves evenly bw the 3 parks. The skew will heavily lean toward EPIC likely at the expense of USF park.

OR

UOR will see only a modest increase in overall attendance and people just fold into the parks with no issues after a couple months and life will be good.

That doesn't work for me.

We're not going to spend $10k plus coming to Orlando from western Canada and not know for sure we can get into the park?? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

We stopped going to Disney because of there ridiculous park reservation system, taking away FP+ and replacing with the Genie+ which you had to get up at 6am on vacation for any hope of riding the star attractions.

Or you could do a strange thing called standing in line. I dont like that people think if they dont have a pass for a ride they have no hope of riding it. The one thing i absolutely hate about the whole fastpass system is that it transitioned the mindset around Disney vacations from "there is no way you can see everything in one day" to "the day is a failure if i dont ride all the E tickets in 1 day".

But back to the topic at hand, if Universal doesnt institute some kind of reservation system with this park early on then you will be getting up much earlier than at 6am to even try to get in. Even if they grant you a ticket when you wake up early some time in advance to purchase the ticket online, that still wouldnt guarantee you entry if they fill up before you get there.

Last edited:
I dont think it will be decided at the gate/day of visit, I am thinking this is going to be when your purchase a dated ticket/reservation then you find out what park you can go to. Have a 4 day ticket they will get you into Epic once, but you will have to decide way ahead, it wont be a drive to Orlando and hope to get in. I think they want to woo the stay an entire week and play at Universal folks and not the one day visitors (like myself usually LOL)

I am also guessing this park will be sold out months in advance at least for the first few months. Heck just for a virtual que chance for Rise of the Resistance when it first opened you had crowds lining up at 3am, and that was a single ride, never mind a whole new park.

I dont' like the lottery idea at all. I"m not planning a 12 hour drive from TN and not knowing if I can even get into the park. I love US and IoA, but if the point of the trip is Epic, then I need to at least know I'm getting in. I'm good if there are no express passes at the start, or at least no express on the big, most popular rides. Like they did w the HP new rides when each opened. Sometimes I like the idea that the line is the line, and everyone waits, and the estimated time is closer to accurate, and you keep moving. Now that VC takes express, that line has become awful.
APs are going to skyrocket in price , if they even do include an option for Epic. .
As AP holders at WDW, we still have to make park reservations, and it sucks. I can't stand park reservations, but I could see that being needed at Epic, since it's going to be so insanely busy. But would be a great on site perk, if not required for those staying at their hotels.

I just can't imagine any other way. You can't expect people to spend thousands booking vacation packages with just a lotteries chance at getting in to an entire gate.
I do think the more 1000's the better your chances will be...

I hope to realistically be able to go and have a simple visit in 4 years after opening.... once the chaos dies down

I'm pretty sure they can control who goes into each of the lands - I recall something about that and the portals to enter each land - so that may be part of the plan to control the crowds beyond the total of number of folks in the park.

So you might get into the Park proper and then need a reservation for a specific land. IDK. You may only get one land in the park per day Initially for example. Maybe they will have three windows - so morning afternoon and night - and you can only get one of the three if you are on site and your then expected to leave when your window ends.

Bottom line for me is they are going to have to allow people staying on property in, especially if they stay at Helios.

Whatever Universal does - I would expect a lot of dissatisfaction.

They need to be really carful, because honestly I feel they have been turning into Disney more and more.
Ticket prices for HHN were ridiculous. They were oversold and the park was far to busy. Express passes were a mess the first few weeks. It was also nowhere near as good as it was say 10 years ago, even 5 years ago.

Food prices are way up - lets not even get to drinks and water - I think they are actually more expensive than Disney on those things. How can they charge $5 or $6 for purified water - even Disney is not that bad. Disney also is much better about giving out large cups of water, not those tiny plastic ones. Yes you can use the soda machines, but it feels like there are fewer and fewer of those.

The food itself was also not all that great for the most part,
I feel they are focused on it looking good for a photo, but the food itself was very disappointing.
Much of the food at Mardi Gras was a disappointment for me.
Circus McGurkus started out strong, but seems to have fallen into a rut from what I hear. Too bad as it was pretty interesting.
Mels Diner had a nice refresh ..but the food is still pretty basic and not great they missed a real opportunity there and of course the usual suspects (influencers) are hyping it up.. For a $20 burger I think they can do better than the 99.

Universal seems to forget that Disney gets away with it because of the nostalgia factor - people have memories of going to these things with their kids, parents, grandparents etc,.. so they will put up with an awful lot.
Universal does not have that - they ripped it all down and replaced it. Curios George, Jaws, Kong, Earthquake, Hitchcock, Psycho - all gone.
Yes they were replaced for the better with things thar made Universal what it is today, but as we have seen with Disney, things change. For a while there people were not happy with the reservation systems and the park hopping limits and attendance did seem to go down. Well I was there in early march and it was very busy compared to previous years. Seems that Spring Break is also way busier than it has been.

I hope I am wrong and that Universal pulls this off, but even the AP is getting to the point of is it worth is to me.
What will happen at the next price increase \ restructure of tickets?
Going to be interesting no doubt.

Bottom line is Universal has a big opportunity here and better not blow it, I don't think they will get a second one.

Last edited:
On the side note, we were just in Orlando and our driver told us, in a matter-of-fact tone, that Epic will open on July 2024 and Tiana on Memorial weekend. Let's hope he's right.

Something is happening on 03,28.2024........overview in Citywalk....next land preview.....opening date.....Dreamworks land....???
When they first posted the announcement video last month they indicated that they'd be doing land reveals once a month, guessing this is that. Alicia Stella is hinting that Super Nintendo World might be the one this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter