Unexpected song covers

MrsCobraBubbles

Life's too short to wear pants all the time
What's a song cover that you've heard that impressed you so much it was better than the original?

I just watched Lil Nas X cover Jolene and It was amazing! I was really not expecting it to be that good. I mean, Dolly is the queen, right? But I think he did at good job of making the song his own while paying tribute to her version--and he did it live!

This is another cover that got me. I drove my kids crazy with this all summer because it became my favorite song to clean to and I would crank it up every morning. Post Malone's version is better than Brad Paisley's original! I had no clue he had this kind of range. The bonus track at the end is You Can Have The Crown which he also rocks!

Too many to list. Pat St. John in his show on Sirrus XM is a master of digging up various versions of the same song, by different artists.
Some hit versions are actually song covers. Some hit songs have covers that are better.

There's the infamous cover of Whitney Houston singing I Will Always Love You which was written & song by Dolly Parton.

I also like this cover of Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo`ole. It was used for the soundtack of 50 First Dates.

What's a song cover that you've heard that impressed you so much it was better than the original?

I just watched Lil Nas X cover Jolene and It was amazing! I was really not expecting it to be that good. I mean, Dolly is the queen, right? But I think he did at good job of making the song his own while paying tribute to her version--and he did it live!

Have you heard Miley Cyrus version?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter