Um, Where's the Ice?! - A July 2012 European and DLRP Adventure*UPDATE 12/15 Pg.29*

What a great view from up there on the MAS. The building itself is pretty cool too! Love all the candid shots courtesy of Chris. Those are the best kind ;)

It was a really great view, and it was the perfect way to start off our second part of the trip.

Chris loves taking candid's. So we'll have plenty of them along the way.

I probably would have been along with your mom on the stepping out into oblivion! :crazy2: Okay, maybe I exaggerate but I am terrified of heights and freak out if I feel not enclosed!

The city looks so beautiful! I can't wait to see more! The candids are great! I hate candids because if I am in a candid I look my worse!! :upsidedow Also breakfast looked so yummy but the dinnerware was beautiful and added to the whole setting!

I probably would have been along with your mom on the stepping out into oblivion! :crazy2: Okay, maybe I exaggerate but I am terrified of heights and freak out if I feel not enclosed!

The city looks so beautiful! I can't wait to see more! The candids are great! I hate candids because if I am in a candid I look my worse!! :upsidedow Also breakfast looked so yummy but the dinnerware was beautiful and added to the whole setting!

She's pretty afraid of heights too. She'll go as far as she can, and then knows when it's time to stop.

I definitely have more to share. I didn't get the update when I wanted to over the weekend.

Chris has beautiful dinnerware. We ate on it every day, it was great.

She's pretty afraid of heights too. She'll go as far as she can, and then knows when it's time to stop.

I definitely have more to share. I didn't get the update when I wanted to over the weekend.

Chris has beautiful dinnerware. We ate on it every day, it was great.

Remember that is the dinnerware that she got from Aunt Rosa. I think I have a picture of Grandpa at the dinner table in Cantecroy and those dishes were in the picture. I will have to look in the albums to find it.

Remember that is the dinnerware that she got from Aunt Rosa. I think I have a picture of Grandpa at the dinner table in Cantecroy and those dishes were in the picture. I will have to look in the albums to find it.

I completely forgot about that!

I'm finally all caught up with this trip report. Your dad is a hoot! It seems like it's always fun times when he is around. I just love him being goofy in the pictures.

The castle at Disney Land Paris is simply beautiful. Maybe one day I'll get to see it in person.

Now to get caught up on your other reports. Keep up the good work. :goodvibes

I think that makes it even more awesome and beautiful!!!:goodvibes

It definitely does make it special.

It does mean so much more when there is a history behind it. My cousin Chris loves those dishes and uses them all the time.

:goodvibes I agree.

I'm finally all caught up with this trip report. Your dad is a hoot! It seems like it's always fun times when he is around. I just love him being goofy in the pictures.

The castle at Disney Land Paris is simply beautiful. Maybe one day I'll get to see it in person.

Now to get caught up on your other reports. Keep up the good work. :goodvibes

Glad you got caught up! I fell really far behind on this one, I just keep trucking along. LOL.

My Dad is always like that. He makes us all laugh all the time. Not possible to keep a straight face when he's around.

One of the best things about this entire trip in Europe was the food. Everywhere we went, it was incredible! And today was no difference, even though the food was super simple.

Mom and I are of like mind. We will both order something different, and then we share our meals. It's pretty much because she and I have very similar taste, so when we are deciding between two things, we just order them and share. It comes in very very handy.

International Travel Tip #38 - A lot of cafes are the kind you pick your own seat at, and then they come by to help you. No need to have someone seat you, just pull up a chair and someone will come by.

This is the Stadhuis (basically City Hall) in the main square. This was from our table outside.

Chris and Heinz are so cute.

Another view from our table.

So sparkling water is very common overseas. I'm not a fan, but my Mom is used to it from growing up there. But they make it really easy, most of the brands have the same color coordination. So Red is for sparkling and Blue is for flat. I always ordered Blue.

Mom and I shared this lovely. A Croque Madame, which is toasted bread, ham, cheese, melted together, with an egg on top. Ach. Incredible.

I ordered a simple cheese club sandwich. But it was super yummy. Because cheese over there is no ordinary cheese. Again, Mom and I shared this.

QVC was in the square. Which was interesting. But they were having a special on Kipling, which is a pretty big Belgian handbag company. They are most definitely available here, which I love. They're much more affordable over there though, so I came home with some. On this particular day, they were filming about a special edition bag that was an Antwerp exclusive. Um, let's find the store where I can get one!

The square was just stunning.

This was on the bag for the exclusive design. Yes, I did buy one. It was only 20 euro.

After we were all nice and satisfied from lunch, we headed into the Antwerp Cathedral. If you're interested in finding information online, it's called the Onze Lieve Vrouwenkathedraal.

There is artwork from Rubens in the cathedral and much much more.

Did I spam you enough with pictures?

And what does Belgium also have in plentiful quantities?

Chocolate.......everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up next: More Antwerp touring.

I love Croque Madame, I think the egg totally makes it!

What a pleasant place to have lunch, sometimes simple is the best!

Great outside shot of the Cathedral; I really like the stark white ceiling, beautiful.

I love Croque Madame, I think the egg totally makes it!

What a pleasant place to have lunch, sometimes simple is the best!

Great outside shot of the Cathedral; I really like the stark white ceiling, beautiful.

You are so right, it's the egg that's the best part of that sandwich. I definitely prefer it to croque monsieur.

Simple is really the best most of the time. Everything we ate was great on the entire trip.

Looking at the food pics makes my mouth water for it...... Let's go back so we can enjoy the food again :goodvibes:goodvibes

Hi guys!

So I've loved having you all along for this one, but I'm thinking about not continuing. It looks like I've lost a lot of my readers on this one, and I have a lot more to talk about on the part to Europe. It was a 2 week trip after all.

If anyone is still reading out there, let me know what you think. I'm currently managing 4 TR's at one time. I'm trying to wrap up most of them, as I have trips in 2014 coming up that I'm going to write about. This one unfortunately just fell to the wayside after my Grandma's illness and her passing away.

I appreciate the feedback.

I want you to continue... but also know it's not easy to have that many going at a time so understand if you want to stop:sad2::sad1:

I want you to continue... but also know it's not easy to have that many going at a time so understand if you want to stop:sad2::sad1:

What mom said. :thumbsup2 I am enjoying reading and touring Belgium since I probably will be able to go.

But I also understand if you stop. :worried:

I can understand if you go either way - I love looking at these pictures as they remind me of where I lived in Germany, but you've got so much going on besides this TR!

I'll be here reading if you continue, but if you don't I'll understand too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter