UK room discount and free dining deals 2015...where to look!

2Tiggies said:
Should be able to book as soon as the offers are out later in the month. Yes, free dining with discount has historically been offered for both those resorts :thumbsup2

Hooray, thank you.

Ohhhh god I really wanna go back next year but OH is a definite no! Boo.

My mum on the other hand has been hinting to go so I might have to see what she says when the deals come out! If OKW/SSR offer discount & free dining I might be able to convince her to a week! I don't think she knows how expensive it is thought! Would have to be cheaper then this years holiday by miiiilleeess!

I know I got SSR for 8 nights last year with Tix for about £1600-1700 but I can't remember exact figures to get a ball park number! I wonder if it's worth booking the free dining or waiting and getting the room discount though?!

Oh even more decisions to make! This forum does not make it easy... Too much temptation & getting caught up in the excitement!!

My friendly cashier at Tesco told me today she had been in at Thomson Travel looking to book for October 2015 and the agent told her to come back after 24th April when I told her Disney deals for 2015 should be out soon. l told her to speak to me first!!

Also looking at oct 2015!

As it's a quiet time of year should I be quite relaxed if deals come out or do they sometimes pull deals early?

Also looking at oct 2015!

As it's a quiet time of year should I be quite relaxed if deals come out or do they sometimes pull deals early?

Sometimes you can't get the category room you want if you delay too long so not immediate booking but I'd try do it before the last few weeks of the book-by period. It just depends how many rooms of that category for the resort you want have been put into the pool.

Sometimes you can't get the category room you want if you delay too long so not immediate booking but I'd try do it before the last few weeks of the book-by period. It just depends how many rooms of that category for the resort you want have been put into the pool.

Ah ok so not every room in a resort is available for say free ddp?

Ah ok so not every room in a resort is available for say free ddp?

No - they only allocate so many rooms for certain promotions or discounts.

Last year OKW sold out before SSR for example during the free dining promotion however once it was over both resorts had availability again - it was just all the OKW rooms for free dining had been sold.

Also within a resort they may not offer all of the room categories with free DDP.

Remember any discount (inc free DDP) is only a way for them to fill rooms so they only give away what they have too :)

No - they only allocate so many rooms for certain promotions or discounts. Last year OKW sold out before SSR for example during the free dining promotion however once it was over both resorts had availability again - it was just all the OKW rooms for free dining had been sold. Also within a resort they may not offer all of the room categories with free DDP. Remember any discount (inc free DDP) is only a way for them to fill rooms so they only give away what they have too :)

So whwn you say no you mean yes :)

Hearing differeing things can anyone clarify?

So whwn you say no you mean yes :)

Hearing differeing things can anyone clarify?

Not all rooms in all resorts are available on free dining. Resorts and room categories do sell out.

They offer free DDP or discounts as a way of selling a block of rooms.

Last year we booked but had to change dates. One of our new dates was sold out for the resort and room type we booked.

You will find rooms with one supplier when it is sold out with another too as they each get an allocation.

Not all rooms in all resorts are available on free dining. Resorts and room categories do sell out. They offer free DDP or discounts as a way of selling a block of rooms. Last year we booked but had to change dates. One of our new dates was sold out for the resort and room type we booked. You will find rooms with one supplier when it is sold out with another too as they each get an allocation.

Sorry i m getting a little confused.

Are you saying that rooms sell out at resorts so you cant book if they are full(kind if obvious!), or are saying only a set propostion of rooms in a resort are available on a deal an once they sell you book the same standard room just no deal (eg free ddp) or are you refering more to that certain travel co s can run out of their allocation of rooms?

Im specifically saying that if they say free dining if u book by x date in a deluxe resort that as long as there are rooms available no matter what you will have ddp included.

Now im confusing myself!

Sorry i m getting a little confused.

Are you saying that rooms sell out at resorts so you cant book if they are full(kind if obvious!), or are saying only a set propostion of rooms in a resort are available on a deal an once they sell you book the same standard room just no deal (eg free ddp) or are you refering more to that certain travel co s can run out of their allocation of rooms?

Im specifically saying that if they say free dining if u book by x date in a deluxe resort that as long as there are rooms available no matter what you will have ddp included.

Now im confusing myself!

They only release a certain amount of rooms at each resort for each promotion. Once those rooms are booked that's it - you can find rooms available direct with Disney US for example but there might be none in the UK for free DDP.

During the free dining booking period in the UK they will offer free dining with all bookings (if they qualify) as they only show the available rooms.

Example - say a resort has 100 rooms. Disney decide to offer 50 of these to the UK for free DDP. These rooms are all booked by other people you would not be able to book with free DDP as it would not show as available when you searched. You could check Disney US and they would still show rooms available to book with them but it wouldn't include the DDP.

It sounds like the same as when they offered the room only discount early this year. We booked fourteen nights at the Beach Club and the cheapest room available was a water view, so that's what we had to book, even though that was in the first hour of it being discounted. I wanted a garden view, which would've been about £400 less, but they didn't have any showing while the offer was on.

I was looking today (as you do to see if you've got a bargain :) ), well after the offer has finished, and noticed garden view rooms are available now. I phoned up see if I could downgrade to one and was allowed to do it for the £50 amendment fee. I was happy to pay it because they still included the initial discount and it's still a saving of £350 for an upgrade we never actually wanted.

They only release a certain amount of rooms at each resort for each promotion. Once those rooms are booked that's it - you can find rooms available direct with Disney US for example but there might be none in the UK for free DDP. During the free dining booking period in the UK they will offer free dining with all bookings (if they qualify) as they only show the available rooms. Example - say a resort has 100 rooms. Disney decide to offer 50 of these to the UK for free DDP. These rooms are all booked by other people you would not be able to book with free DDP as it would not show as available when you searched. You could check Disney US and they would still show rooms available to book with them but it wouldn't include the DDP.

Now i get it!

It sounds like the same as when they offered the room only discount early this year. We booked fourteen nights at the Beach Club and the cheapest room available was a water view, so that's what we had to book, even though that was in the first hour of it being discounted. I wanted a garden view, which would've been about £400 less, but they didn't have any showing while the offer was on. I was looking today (as you do to see if you've got a bargain :) ), well after the offer has finished, and noticed garden view rooms are available now. I phoned up see if I could downgrade to one and was allowed to do it for the £50 amendment fee. I was happy to pay it because they still included the initial discount and it's still a saving of £350 for an upgrade we never actually wanted.

Good tip! So i shoild try and book as early as possible when deals come out even though its a long way off. Good to know you can amend bookings etc

so when will free dining come out?

how much is the deposit?

is the deposit refundable?

i think the only way we can afford to go again is with free dining..

it's just gotten way too expensive for us :(

Rumours are 24 April for travel in 2015.

Deposit will be £50 per person non refundable with WDTC. :goodvibes

I'm another one waiting until hopefully the 24th to book for next year. We are either going to go April or August depending on prices. There will be at least 4 of us and could be 8 if my parents, sister and her little boy decide to come. Just cannot decide on where to stay on site considering doing old key west for the first time.

I have a feeling WDTC may crash on April 24th - I'm another waiting for free dining. Hoping for 3 weeks at SSR August/September!!

Fingers crossed everyone xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter