U-G-L-Y, You Ain't Got No Alibi. Your Bedspread's Ugly.

Coronado Springs stepped it up ....the original was so "fugly"

Craftsman Revival The cover looks so out of place, and it doesn't match anything.

I love this! I hate ugly bedspreads too! I had no idea CSR updated, I love it! WL needs something new as well.

This thread is hysterical !! :rotfl:

Talk about "covering the spread" ! I'm laughing my duvet off !

:lmao:

I agree about the ones at Port Orleans FQ, but (maybe due to my adoration for the resort), I like the ones for the Wilderness Lodge. :P They fit with the theme for the resort. The ones for the Contemporary were disgusting though! And the sinks were weird, and they never drained... Yeah. Before they renovated that, o was not a fan!

Love this entertaining thread! :)

CSR 2007 ~ perhaps not hideous, but drab and ugly imo:

33126ec.jpg

tink

Too funny! I've always thought maybe I was a little crazy b/c there are some WDW resorts that I have zero desire to stay in due to the hideous bedspreads. POFQ has always been one of those, lol.

One of the many reasons I am bummed CSR was sold out for our upcoming week is this Pop spread:

2031744653_a5bcb4e62f.jpg

Of course, they might have remodelled our Pop room, in which case we'd have this new ugliness:

poprehab02_10_2.jpg

Had to snag both photos off the net. I tried to avoid pictures with the bedspread in them. :scared: Why does value have to mean "I want to sleep in a room with a bedspread designed for a three year old?"

I love this thread, it all so true! When I was picking a resort at wdw a few weeks back, I was looking at all the pictures of a resort, everything looked nice until a picture of the bed.. ergh!!

I have to agree with you on this. I pretty much hated the bedspreads in CBR and POFQ, having said that though I thought they weren't as bad in person as in photographs. Here is a selection of photos from our 2007 trip.

First one, nice and neutral at Holiday Inn Express at Glasgow airport

DSCF0355.jpg

Next is CBR, a bit too bright but I thought they were better than CSR at the time.

DSCF0758.jpg

We then moved to POFQ before our wedding, these were a bit too busy for my liking

DSCF0884.jpg

Then we moved to concierge after the wedding at The Grand Floridian, much better, more subdued although I am not fond of flowery bedspreads

DSCF1142.jpg

On to Disney Cruise Line, this was probably the worst to be honest. It reminded me of a bedspread I had when I was a kid, it was a weird sort of material too and the colouring was awful.

DSCF1642.jpg

Then finally on to the Crowne Plaza at Universal. This was the best color scheme of our whole trip, plain white!

DSCF1794.jpg

I don't know why Disney have to have busy bedspreads, especially ones that clash with the flooring or curtains, eeewwwww. I must admit I specifically didn't go to CSR or POR because of the bedspreads. I am booked to go to OKW this year though and if the exterior didn't look as good then I would go elsewhere as true enough those bedspreads are awful:sick:

At home, I changed our bedding to the white duvet. Love being able to wash it all the time, but it's just so nice and crisp looking.

The worst...Port Orleans Riverside - Alligator Bayou. I hope we do not end up there, but the trundle bed is the only thing that saves it. Our 7 year old ends up sleeping sideways in the bed and none of us want to share with her.

RivAB-Room.jpg

Photo pulled from portorleans.org

Comfy white beds seem to have become the standard. Disney finally updated the CR in response I think a bit later, which makes sense since it's supposed to be contemporary ;) I think Disney decided to do the same with CSR since it hosts so many business travelers at conventions who are used to nice bedding at hotels.

Aggiegirl, that is an excellent point about the CONTEMPORARY, and about CSR being a convention hotel. I'm sure you're right- the CSR folks probably had a higher number of seasoned biz travellers asking "What's up with your beds?"

Here's a nice one at the Contempoary
232323232%7Ffp536%3A%3A%3Enu%3D3365%3E578%3E885%3EWSNRCG%3D3286%3B94994337nu0mrj

Another nice one at the Boardwalk
232323232%7Ffp536%3A4%3Enu%3D3365%3E578%3E885%3EWSNRCG%3D3286%3B%3A%3C%3A%3B7337nu0mrj

Gorgeous :) I must say, they are doing a great job on the re-dos! And i'm glad to hear, from multiple folks on this thread, that they are currently redoing Port Orleans. I bet those will look nice too :)

I have yet to stay at CBR but I've seen pics ( non refurbished rooms) and lets just say that I'd rather not stay in a room that a flamingo exploded in.

room%20photo.jpg

Actually, I don't even really like the Nemo theme bedspread.

CarBeach1001.jpg

Oy vey!! That is just...wrong? I cannot believe that these are the new spreads.

the nemo spread reminds me of red lobster, i don't know why it could be the colors

Haha!! You can sleep next to Nemo at night and have him for lunch the next day. ;)

I uploaded a few.

This past February at POFQ. We love the resort....but the bedspreads are :3dglasses. :eek:
DSC_0577.jpg

Close up
DSC_0578.jpg

2006 Wilderness Lodge :headache:
DisneyVacationNovember20060006.jpg

I guess I must be weird then, because I like the POFQ and WL ones.

Haha!! See, even though the WL and POFQ aren't my favorites, at least they keep them to matching the rooms and a minimum of colors!

After reading everyone's responses here, I've realized that my situation can be described as a mathematical equation. My stress level is directly correlated to the number of bedspread colors. :teacher:

I agree about the ones at Port Orleans FQ, but (maybe due to my adoration for the resort), I like the ones for the Wilderness Lodge. :P They fit with the theme for the resort.

Agreed. WL spreads don't bother me as much. If the entire room is decorated in neutrals (or woods), then a bright spread that matches isn't as bad. (Although these are the NEW spreads, from what I can tell. I've seen earlier versions - quilts, I think? - that were much worse.)

Love this entertaining thread! :)

CSR 2007 ~ perhaps not hideous, but drab and ugly imo:

33126ec.jpg

tink

Glad you are enjoying it. This is one of the first threads I've ever posted on the Dis and it has been super fun so far!

I agree that drab is better than :scared1:

One of the many reasons I am bummed CSR was sold out for our upcoming week is this Pop spread:

2031744653_a5bcb4e62f.jpg

Of course, they might have remodelled our Pop room, in which case we'd have this new ugliness:

poprehab02_10_2.jpg

Had to snag both photos off the net. I tried to avoid pictures with the bedspread in them. :scared: Why does value have to mean "I want to sleep in a room with a bedspread designed for a three year old?"

Ohhhhhhhh :rotfl: These photos made me literally laugh out loud. It looks like someone put a cartoon in a blender and out came photo number one :)

I have to agree with you on this. I pretty much hated the bedspreads in CBR and POFQ, having said that though I thought they weren't as bad in person as in photographs.

On to Disney Cruise Line, this was probably the worst to be honest. It reminded me of a bedspread I had when I was a kid, it was a weird sort of material too and the colouring was awful.

DSCF1642.jpg

Summer-Caitlin, is this you in the photo? I love it! The expression on your face in the pic matches this thread perfectly. :rotfl2:

With that title I had to say that I'm a Fishbone fan too!

Glad you like :) Honestly, the cheer reminded me more of my high school marching band days, but Fishbone fits too!

The worst...Port Orleans Riverside - Alligator Bayou. I hope we do not end up there, but the trundle bed is the only thing that saves it. Our 7 year old ends up sleeping sideways in the bed and none of us want to share with her.

RivAB-Room.jpg

Photo pulled from portorleans.org

This cracks me up b/c it brings up a childhood memory. On family vacations as a child, we always fought about who 'had to' share a bed with Little Brother as he did the same thing. I spent a few harsh nights with his little feet digging into my back!! :sad2:

I recall reading right here on the DIS a few years back that there is a method behind the madness of having ugly bed spreads... to keep guests from swiping them.

Thinking about it though, I think the type of people who swipe bedspreads from a hotel aren't going to be the type who are that picky about what they take.

Sorry, but I think even the contemporary white ones are nasty - they show every bump of the sheets underneath unless the bed is made up by US army nurse.

I recall reading right here on the DIS a few years back that there is a method behind the madness of having ugly bed spreads... to keep guests from swiping them.

Thinking about it though, I think the type of people who swipe bedspreads from a hotel aren't going to be the type who are that picky about what they take.

Sorry, but I think even the contemporary white ones are nasty - they show every bump of the sheets underneath unless the bed is made up by US army nurse.

It's funny, because my preference is definitely the white ones. You can actually see they are clean. :thumbsup2

Oh wow. That's interesting and it makes a lot of sense. Before I wouldn't have even guessed that there was a rational explanation for them :rotfl:

Love the Ugly Beadspread Thread!

I'd have to say though, I'd be a little dissappointed if hotels started converting to the new, "bed sheet" bed spread.... It's boring and when it is dirty... ew.

It's fun to make fun of the bedspreads! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter