Typhoon Lagoon Beachcomber Shacks Booking Problem

eddieb33

Earning My Ears
Is anyone else having problems booking a Beachcomber Shack in Typhoon Lagoon for this summer? They just say they are not available and to keep checking back.

Not sure if it’s a system glitch but Disney says there is no inventory July 26th or after.

YES, we are trying to book for July 26th. I have called twice a day for the last for days. I'm not sure what else to do. I've checked to confirm that the park will be open that day and the answer is yes. I was assuming that someone just didn't push the button to make them 'live' but this is getting annoying.

We are also trying to book for late July. I've called three times and they keep saying they are booked, but then say that they aren't booked, just aren't showing in their system. This is the last thing I need to get done for our trip and I just want it checked off the list!

Same, everything else is booked. I've been told "magical enhancements", no availability, and no availability on umbrellas. So frustrating.

This happens sometimes with random things: dessert parties, dinner packages, etc. It could be the same thing here. Keep checking daily ~ it's very possible that Disney just hasn't loaded availability into the system yet and will do it in one big drop for a multi-week period.

Just got off the phone with a cast member. Because I've been calling twice a day. They just said that there is no availability and that she had been booking this time frame. No shacks of any level and no umbrellas. I am so frustrated. Our 60 day mark was Friday.

I don’t see how they could have possibly booked up that fast. I called on 5/24 which was our 60 days and I was trying for 60+3. I also called Friday. I will say that on Friday she did offer me the umbrellas but I declined. If we can’t get the shack I’ll get there at RD and find some shade.

It just amazes me that every shack would be gone already for the entire 6 days we are in WDW

My 60 days was Monday and they could not book for August 6th. The cast member I talked to yesteday thought it may be too early and they have not been released yet. She suggested trying to call back every day. I was able to get 2 umbrellas just in case but not what I wanted. She did not see any reservations for any shacks that day.

This is so frustrating. Have called a dozen times for any shacks week of July 28-aug 3- never get the same answer . They tell me no shacks available, no inventory those days, all sold out, IT issues. Totally unacceptable. I’m not even down there and I’m still waiting in line every phone call! Hours of my time wasted- their only solution - “ keep calling a couple of times each day”.

This is so frustrating. Have called a dozen times for any shacks week of July 28-aug 3- never get the same answer . They tell me no shacks available, no inventory those days, all sold out, IT issues. Totally unacceptable. I’m not even down there and I’m still waiting in line every phone call! Hours of my time wasted- their only solution - “ keep calling a couple of times each day”.
Same, I am now calling 3 times a day 7 am, 1 pm, and 5 pm. Have been doing this for going on a week now. I have tried going through customer service and managers. All I was told was to send an email to wdw.drc.guest.services@disneyworld.com. My guess is it's a dumping ground to get people off the phone. I sent the email on Tuesday. I haven't even gotten a " hey we got your email, we will reply shortly" response. You know if I had called the first day and been told sorry they are all gone. Fine, I missed my chance no biggie. It's the multiple answers for me that are making me angry.

Talked to a new cast member today. She said they are definitely sold out for the week we are going in July. Not a IT Issue. She said she is getting 200 calls a day about Beach combers and umbrellas. She said the problem is that Blizzard Beach is closed and people are still trying to social distance. I guess they should build more, we have never had a problem booking one in the past. We are very bummed.

I'm going to choose to remain cautiously skeptical that they are actually sold out. I have spoken with 3 CMs this week who all told me they haven't been loaded. That coupled with people reporting that they easily booked them for June and early July, who would still have the issues of BB being closed and social distancing, makes me think that they might become available at some point. I'm crossing my fingers at least.

I have spent a total of 15 hours so far, not counting the call I'm on hold for right now, trying to book one of these things. Getting real sick of walking right down the middle of main street U.S.A

I have spent a total of 15 hours so far, not counting the call I'm on hold for right now, trying to book one of these things. Getting real sick of walking right down the middle of main street U.S.A
Curious as to what the CM you talked to today told you. Not loaded yet or booked up?

Curious as to what the CM you talked to today told you. Not loaded yet or booked up?
I asked very clearly if it was a matter of dates not released or all booked up. She said she has no idea. They do not give them that information, only that when she searches, it says nothing is avail. I'll ask again on my 5:00 try and see what that CM says.

Edited to add: When I asked for July 26th, she took a deep breath like "oh Lord" no idea if they have a record of how many times I've called, and that's why OR if THAT many people have been calling.

Last edited:
and now for your evening call update. Cast member said that they have been shifting waterparks roughly every 6 months. She said that they opened up typhoon lagoon on Jan. 1 Sooooo This issue may be because they are going to open up Blizard Beach. She could not 100% confirm this but said it was something to keep in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter