Two cast members told me no sharing allowed on TS

I am not so sure that it is incorrect information at this point, I am skeptical at best about the direction it's headed.

Find and read the post "Check your ADR's and no sharing".

This person was called out on having "too many" TS ADR's in light of how many points you had. They were told by the CM they had just been informed a few days ago that sharing was no longer allowed.

I am very interested to see how this pans out over the next few weeks.

WDWO

I don't really care either way. We plan on splitting the CS meals, because we don't want to be to full during the day. But in the evenings we are not splitting the TS meals..

Lewisc said:
To answer the OP question--AFAIK all the character meals are either buffet or all you care to eat. Sharing is not allowed at those restaurants. I'm sure that's the bais for the incomplete information you were given.

Sorry, but what is AFAIK?

TAKitty said:
I would be very upset if I was required to order just because we are on the dining plan.
You'll never be required to order anything. The only issue is whether or not credits will be expended (even if you don't order anything). It would be a shame, but not unexpected, if they have to impose such rules, in order to confront the kind of exploitation of loopholes that we regularly see folks proudly proclaiming they practice.

bicker said:
You'll never be required to order anything. The only issue is whether or not credits will be expended (even if you don't order anything). It would be a shame, but not unexpected, if they have to impose such rules, in order to confront the kind of exploitation of loopholes that we regularly see folks proudly proclaiming they practice.

I'm not sure how a family of 4 sharing 3 meals is exploiting anything with the dining plan. IF disney (and I really don't think this is going to happen) chose to forbid sharing at a la carte restaurants (like Le Cellier, Sci Fi, 50s PT cafe, etc) then why would people continue to purchase the plan? Yeah yeah yeah, I know, if the DDP doesn't work for your family, why purchase it...there's not manipulation of the plan if 4 adults share 3 TS meals. Or even if 2 a, 2 c share an adult meal and 2 kids meals- trust me, that would be plenty of food at Prime time or Le Cellier.

(this portion of the commment is not addressed to the quoted poster at all)
I believe that all these phone calls and emails to Disney about the DDP are silly. ESPECIALLY from people who are NOT planning a vacation! LOL Read the disney documents on the plan, make your adrs and go enjoy your vacation.

My husband and I always share our meals when dining out at home. On our next vacation we have the "free" DDP added to our package. We most likely will want to share some of our meals on that plan too. My question is; why are people trying to save meal credits? I was told that they expire at the end of the trip. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

poohluv2u said:
My husband and I always share our meals when dining out at home. On our next vacation we have the "free" DDP added to our package. We most likely will want to share some of our meals on that plan too. My question is; why are people trying to save meal credits? I was told that they expire at the end of the trip. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

The only possible explanation is they are either wanting to eat 3 meals a day, which at Disney with the amount of food they give you and the time involved, I can't imagine it, or they are feeding people not on the plan with the saved credits. Now if family members are sharing among themselves, I could see no problem with that at all.

poohluv2u said:

For us it's the same reason you are sharing--because DH and I share entrees at restaurants at home, and we won't be able to eat all that food at WDW, with appetizer, dessert and drinks (we hardly ever order appetizers, desserts or drinks when we eat out). Plus, it'll be fun to be able to experience more themed restaurants. For instance, we're hoping to share at Sci-Fi because we want to experience eating at a drive-in movie (it's like an attraction in itself), but if we can't share, we'll have to pay OOP, because it's one more ADR than what's alloted us. Those are our reasons.

I think people try to "save" meal credits because they want to eat at one of the 2-credit places. If two adults share TS meals on 2 ocassions, they have "saved" enough credits to go to the California Grill (the 2 credits for that day plus the 2 "saved" credits).

Another reason I see to "save" credits is to eat 2 TS meals per day.

Its perfectly reasonable why people would want to share because in our family we do not regularly eat enough to justify 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 2 desserts. But we actually never shared on the DDP because my husband doesn't really like to share and we can't agree what to order......we were just stuffed! A few times we shared CS because we weren't that hugnry. We ended up with CSs left over.

Oh my god....We have NEVER eaten as much food as we did last year with free dining!!! Alot of food was also wasted! We usually took our desserts 'to go'. I literally felt like we ate a Christmas sized dinner every night!!

This year I was debating as to whether or not I should book a couple of extra ADR's because I know we could EASILY share 2 TS meals between DH, DS10 and myself....trouble with that is I can't seem to find the TIME in our 'loose' schedule to fit in even 1 extra TS meal!!!!!

Just for curiosity, I WILL inquire whether or not we CAN share at each place before we order, just to see, and then I will tell the server once we order that we "changed our minds - all 3 of us are going to order our own meal". I will post the responses after our trip, although I'm sure tons of you will also know by then! The TS meal, a la carte places we will be eating dinner at are:
Le Cellier; Big River Grille; ESPN and Kona Cafe. Boma, Garden Grill, O'Hana and Crystal Palace will be our buffet type meals, so no sharing there!

LizinSTL said:
I'm not sure how a family of 4 sharing 3 meals is exploiting anything with the dining plan.
You utterly misunderstood what I wrote. Please read it again. I never said what you were planning on doing was exploitation. Rather, that it would be a shame if you were affected by rules that perhaps would be put in place to confront the exploitation that people regularly proclaim they practice.

I really hope they don't get rid of sharing, but as others have pointed out in several threads, it is a lot easier to enforce no sharing than it is to enforce separation of adult and child credits, as things are today.

My family (DW and DD 9) will be visiting in mid September :cool1: and I made ADR when I booked our trip in May. We had not planned on sharing any of our TS meals but I had been thinking about how to best use the CS meals so that we could use a few for breakfast for DD and still have lunch covered each day. I had also thought we may end up eating at different park CS restaurants just because we each want different meals. If they expect all members of the room to eat at the same place at the same time I think that is potentially a real downside to the plan. :)

bicker said:
You utterly misunderstood what I wrote. Please read it again. I never said what you were planning on doing was exploitation. Rather, that it would be a shame if you were affected by rules that perhaps would be put in place to confront the exploitation that people regularly proclaim they practice.

I really hope they don't get rid of sharing, but as others have pointed out in several threads, it is a lot easier to enforce no sharing than it is to enforce separation of adult and child credits, as things are today.

Your post wasn't clear ...you said "rules that perhaps would be put in place to confront the exploitation that people regularly proclaim they practice" In response to a post about sharing meals. I took that to mean you felt people were exploiting the plan by sharing. I disagree with that and now, I see you do too.

JLS said:
I think people try to "save" meal credits because they want to eat at one of the 2-credit places. If two adults share TS meals on 2 ocassions, they have "saved" enough credits to go to the California Grill (the 2 credits for that day plus the 2 "saved" credits).

Yes, that's another reason we're doing it--we have reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table (so glad we nabbed that, I heard that one's hard to get).

LBelle said:
This year I was debating as to whether or not I should book a couple of extra ADR's because I know we could EASILY share 2 TS meals between DH, DS10 and myself....trouble with that is I can't seem to find the TIME in our 'loose' schedule to fit in even 1 extra TS meal!!!!!

Yes, I only have one extra ADR, and I want to try places like Hoop De Doo and Teppanyaki and Coral Reef and Brown Derby, but we have to tour the parks, too. :rotfl:

Lewisc said:
That passage also has been reported by a few posters to have been used to prevent guests from paying out of pocket for kids meals at Chef Mickey's..

Last year when we were on the dining plan, we did plan more meals than the plan allowed for. We looked at some menus ahead of time to decide which ones made the most sense to pay for OOP and which ones to use credits for, and it wasn't always the same for the adults and the kids. When we explained at a few restaurants that we wanted to pay OOP for the kids meal because we had more expensive meals later in the trip, they were okay with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter