• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Twice As Nice & Double the Fun: an offsite October PTR where “2” is the magic number

Congrats! A grandbaby and children at the same time! We have 5 cats- we just adopted a kitten. He's nine weeks and a little tornado! Milo is all black and so sweet and we're loving having a baby around the house!:) Your little ones will definitely fill your nest again! :thumbsup2

Congrats on the new additions, they are truly adorablepaw:paw:

We have 2 dogs and 1 cat. My heart melts for animals:cloud9:

Thank you! :goodvibes

Congrats on your little kitties. So nice that they are able to stay together. That's very nice that they volunteered to look after them while you are gone :). I feel like the last 30 days seem to go pretty quick, so its nice you wont need to try to coordinate anything for them. We are at 48 for our beach trip, time seems to be going pretty slow for us, but I don't want to rush into fall and winter so I will bet patient. My lo keeps reminding me that I need go through all of our boxes and things down in the basement and find our vacation countdown board so he can start crossing off the days :). While I'm excited for the beach getting the Sea World flier with all the Halloween events made me a little sad, they seem to have lots of great Sesame Street events for the little ones, I had no idea.

Thanks mandas08. I am sure our remaining time until our October travel dates will FLY by now as the next few weeks are so busy with the babies. In fact, we'll probably NEED a vacation by that point :faint: LOL!

We are doing the SeaWorld Halloween Spooktacular for the first time this year: it definitely looks great for the little folks especially. Maybe you could start tentatively planning for Halloween 2017?

ahhhh sweet lil kitties!! We have too many allergic kids around here to get a kitten-not to say the chickens would probably shred a kitten right now-our neighbors cat is very sweet and has been trying to see the chickens for over a year now-they are very curious about each other but we have one who is a "mother" hen and chases everything off. Would love to foster an animal or 2-and have talked to the kids and DH about this-but with the chickens we just can't right now. Our lil hens, while they have their own space and is fenced off, are our babies now. Sounds silly but I never knew that they would have such distinct personalities! Very sweet that the kitty family will be able to stay together-animals do miss their family!

As to the Luau-it was OK. The story line was a little cheesy, the food was OK and we enjoyed it.Got the leis and family photo although a storm was threatening to blow in, so the actual luau story was delayed by about 45 minutes. Think that made it go down in "good time" factor as it made the night longer. The fire dancer at the end was pretty awesome though.

You have pet chickens? How cool is that! You know we all need pictures, right? ::yes::

Adorable kitties! We have 3- 2 old men and Pringles the 1 yr old. You may have seen some of Pringles' adventures on facebook. One of his favorite sleeping spots is on top of the kitchen cabinets. :)

We are headed to Gatorland this morning and then Animal Kingdom tonight for the DVC party (free ticket into the park!) Tomorrow is Sea World.

Bonnet Creek has really emptied out. When we arrived on Saturday the place was wall to wall people. Yesterday we could atually swim in the pool. Hoping to find zero crowds in the parks starting today. Universal on Sunday was a madhouse!

I am happy to report Duncan actually asked to go on ET! We were all very excited aoubt that!

Yay Duncan! :banana: That's my boy!

Your weather looks pretty darn awesome so far, I see lots of sunshine in your pictures :sunny:. Have a fab time at Gatorland: its such a great little park!

:cheer2:Hooray for getting the Hoop ADR!!! :cheer2:

And I am a huge cat fan! Moo is so adorable and I love your new twins!! I have had Bijou, my one and only cat-child, in my life longer than my husband. Even though I was the one who "rescued" her, she fell in love with Will the first day she met him, and always prefers his lap! She will be 13 next month.

29388356222_3077ba935d_n.jpg
29462674336_8a497d8882_n.jpg

OMG, that cat selfie is the BEST! :laughing: She is gorgeous :goodvibes.

Aww so nice of you to give the kitties a forever home, and babysitting for them while away too. That's awesome.

I like cats, grew up with one, but to my amazement, my DH is severely allergic to them. So, dogs for us. And thankfully no family allergies to dog dander. My cousin has a Maine Coon cat. He's big, and loves to sit on the little table next to the chair and swat at the dog. He's very affectionate and purrs so loud. I love that cats come in all sizes. After house breaking 3 puppies, if we get a dog again, we'll not buy one so young. Hoping it will come already house broken. I'm getting too old. LOL

3 weeks, until I fly. Time is flying. Little one starts her 10th grade in 2 days, and DS has been at college for over a week now. Back to school routine is well underway.
And that darn mouse, had to change around my schedule again. I guess I need to be in the habit of checking times at the end of the week, and just before I leave. While I don't mind doing things on the fly, doing so with the mouse is not always so easy.

Oh, and Gina, did you see the pictures posted by Robo in the US thread? I can totally see you putting that Halloween stuff in your yard!

I *loved* the Halloween blow up! I totally need that for my yard :p.

I always loved the routine of September, too (but I'm a "schedule" girl at heart). Much as I hated to see summer end, it felt good to have a little normalcy back in the house after Labour Day.

Congrats! A grandbaby and children at the same time! We have 5 cats- we just adopted a kitten. He's nine weeks and a little tornado! Milo is all black and so sweet and we're loving having a baby around the house!:) Your little ones will definitely fill your nest again! :thumbsup2
Milo is the same age as our babies! We can compare notes as they grow.....a little Disboards kitten support group :rotfl2:.

I may have to call on your for some tips and advice: its been forever since we've had a wee kitty around.

You'll have to post a picture of your five-some. @Lynne G , @pigletto , @chicagoshannon , @mandas08 , @J'aime Paris and anyone else I missed.....don't be shy, post your pet pics too :thumbsup2. And of course, @Monykalyn needs to show us her chickens!

Too funny. I heard that exact rant last night... A+ always has a hard time facing that first day of school :sad2:

Congratulations on your little fur babies. They certainly do look like there could be some Maine Coon in there; we had a Main Coon mix for many years. Most intelligent cat we've ever had - beware, don't let them get the upper hand... :) :cat:

Elena Jane your Bijou is a very pretty tuxedo.

And yes, I agree, more fur baby pictures from everybody!!!

Here's one more of Pixel. Can't believe she used to fit in the palm of my hand...

Milo is the same age as our babies! We can compare notes as they grow.....a little Disboards kitten support group :rotfl2:.

I may have to call on your for some tips and advice: its been forever since we've had a wee kitty around.

You'll have to post a picture of your five-some. @Lynne G , @pigletto , @chicagoshannon , @mandas08 , @J'aime Paris and anyone else I missed.....don't be shy, post your pet pics too :thumbsup2. And of course, @Monykalyn needs to show us her chickens!

I will absolutely post a pic of our baby( and the others too)! But as he's all black, it's been hard to get a good picture of his face. @bankr63- you have a great picture of Pixel and her face!:thumbsup2

I'm loving everyone's pet pictures- we need to continue these as your reports go on! A little trip report, a little pet report...:cat::dogdance::fish:

And we definitely need to see the chickens!(Can't find a chicken emoji?)

Have been loving reading your trip plans! Your new kittens are just adorable, hope you have an amazing time with them. They will certainly keep you busy though! After my kids all went to secondary school we got a kitten last October with another one for company in June this year and they are certainly taking up all my spare time but are great fun :) :cat:

Too funny. I heard that exact rant last night... A+ always has a hard time facing that first day of school :sad2:

Congratulations on your little fur babies. They certainly do look like there could be some Maine Coon in there; we had a Main Coon mix for many years. Most intelligent cat we've ever had - beware, don't let them get the upper hand... :) :cat:

Here's one more of Pixel. Can't believe she used to fit in the palm of my hand...
So freakin' adorable!!! I love black cats. They get such a bad rap, and are often overlooked at shelters. I even proudly wear a shirt that says "Adopt more black cats".

I like cats but we're dog people.

Dude's not a very good paint inspector, he always gets it on himself, at least this time it was only his nose. He'll be 10 in November, the day I get to MCO. So he'll get his birthday dinner a day early before my redeye.
20150614_120837.jpg

I like everyone's pictures, they are all so cute! Especially the kittens, which I would like to have if they stayed that small and didn't have litter boxes. I don't want an outdoor cat and I already have Dude that hates going outside or for walks, I don't need to try leash train a cat :)

Aw, what a sweet little soul. I could easily become a crazy cat lady....how can you resist that face? Those eyes?

View attachment 192787
This is Barney. He's a Bichon Shih Tzu mix

View attachment 192788 [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]t
This is Hatley our white lab. She's grumpy today because it's too hot to play outside.

View attachment 192790
And finally, here is Strawberry. She is a mere 7 pounds, but rules the dogs!
She's our princess

What an adorable trio! :cutie: I love Strawberry's colouring!

I will absolutely post a pic of our baby( and the others too)! But as he's all black, it's been hard to get a good picture of his face. @bankr63- you have a great picture of Pixel and her face!:thumbsup2
I'm loving everyone's pet pictures- we need to continue these as your reports go on! A little trip report, a little pet report...:cat::dogdance::fish:

And we definitely need to see the chickens!(Can't find a chicken emoji?)

Well, I couldn't find a chicken emoji no matter how much I looked. The closest I could get was a bird: .

I agree wholeheartedly with the need for more pet photos: all these cute pet pics are a great way to fill in the voids between notable trip planning events ::yes::.

Have been loving reading your trip plans! Your new kittens are just adorable, hope you have an amazing time with them. They will certainly keep you busy though! After my kids all went to secondary school we got a kitten last October with another one for company in June this year and they are certainly taking up all my spare time but are great fun :) :cat:

We officially brought the home tonight, and its 9 pm and I need a nap :faint: . They have been on the beds, on the nightstands, on the sofa, on the love seat, on the coffee table, on my kitchen table!! :scared1: and now they are passed out cold, each on a kitchen table chair (which are pub height: after being in a raised cage while they were awaiting adoption, I think they have become accustomed to enjoying being up high). Steve and I each had a little snuggle with one of them before they found their comfy sleeping spot. All in all, they've done well on their first night at home. Fingers crossed it is an equally peaceful overnight :rolleyes:.

I feel left out, having no fur babies! My DH has a furry chest if that counts but I don't think he'd appreciate a picture :rotfl:

What happens on the Disboards, stays on the Disboards ;).

Oops sorry you said no pictures!View attachment 192846

In my dreams of course :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Are we sharing pics of our fur (and feathered) babies?
IMG_4052 (1).JPG Daisy, Autumn, Ellie all begging for food along with our dog Remmington. Chicks are 2 years old and dog is 11.
Gina you can kinda see the mess in backyard that was graded-hard to tell but the yard is sloped and we graded that part flat to expand the deck. Hopefully the yard part is done by end of month and we can start with deck. Would like to get the floors in before halloween decorations go up but think that might be optimistic...

I like cats but we're dog people.

Dude's not a very good paint inspector, he always gets it on himself, at least this time it was only his nose. He'll be 10 in November, the day I get to MCO. So he'll get his birthday dinner a day early before my redeye.
View attachment 192866

I like everyone's pictures, they are all so cute! Especially the kittens, which I would like to have if they stayed that small and didn't have litter boxes. I don't want an outdoor cat and I already have Dude that hates going outside or for walks, I don't need to try leash train a cat :)

What a good looking guy.....those short little legs are seriously adorable!

Our two kittens will be indoors only: God bless dog owners, I can't imagine having to head out in the dead of winter to take an animal for a walk :cold:. I don't know how ya'll do it.

Are we sharing pics of our fur (and feathered) babies?
View attachment 192868 Daisy, Autumn, Ellie all begging for food along with our dog Remmington. Chicks are 2 years old and dog is 11.
Gina you can kinda see the mess in backyard that was graded-hard to tell but the yard is sloped and we graded that part flat to expand the deck. Hopefully the yard part is done by end of month and we can start with deck. Would like to get the floors in before halloween decorations go up but think that might be optimistic...

Okay, so I have to say the fact that you have pet chickens is really super cool. Do you allow them in the house at all, or are they strictly outdoors only? I assume they are tame enough to eat out of your hand and be quite social with humans? Your dog isn't bothered by them at all?

Fingers crossed that you'll have a nice long, warm autumn and your deck will get at least partly done during your desired timeline. There is nothing more maddening than projects that drag on beyond their planned completion date!

It's OK Gina- I am gonna be the crazy chicken lady
This monster (Ellie) started as a kids biology project. She thinks she is a dog. And she thinks she should be inside. Can't leave door open for anything or else she is up those steps and in. View attachment 192870

Love it! So you DO let them inside!

I think I want a pet chicken now, too :teeth:. I wonder what the kittens would think about that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter