TSA Pre-check?

Just got approved even without the fingerprints. Woohoo! I added our traveler number to our existing tickets on Southwest so hopefully that's all I need to do.
make sure your boarding passes show PRE when you check in. If not you must call and check again. I had to call for a existing reservation. PRE did not show up when I first checked in.

make sure your boarding passes show PRE when you check in. If not you must call and check again. I had to call for a existing reservation. PRE did not show up when I first checked in.

I always check in exactly 24 hours in advance. So I should see PRE on my pass in the Southwest app? And if I don't, any idea what number/who exactly I call?

I always check in exactly 24 hours in advance. So I should see PRE on my pass in the Southwest app? And if I don't, any idea what number/who exactly I call?

First, before checking in, go into the app and check your profile to make sure your KTN is listed. Next, look at the ticket to make sure your KTN is associated with it (this should only be necessary if you bought your ticket before you got a KTN). After checking in, if you don’t have PRE on your ticket, you can call into Southwest and have them fix it or you can talk to an agent at the check in counter.

First, before checking in, go into the app and check your profile to make sure your KTN is listed. Next, look at the ticket to make sure your KTN is associated with it (this should only be necessary if you bought your ticket before you got a KTN). After checking in, if you don’t have PRE on your ticket, you can call into Southwest and have them fix it or you can talk to an agent at the check in counter.
The one time this happened to me (JetBlue, not Southwest), the agent at the check-in counter fixed it and printed a new boarding pass for me. I hadn't even realized that PRE wasn't on my boarding pass until I tried to enter through the PRE line. I also now have my KTN number handy, because the agent at the PRE line would have let me in had I known my number.

Yes it will be clearly show with Pre and a check mark on the boarding pass. You can call the general SW number 1 (800) 435-9792

Faster then calling an airline, always make sure you have entered your KTN# in your profile for that airline website. Once you get a KTN, I would add it to your user profile on EVERY airline website you typically use. When you print your boarding pass you will see the pre-check indicator.

Faster then calling an airline, always make sure you have entered your KTN# in your profile for that airline website. Once you get a KTN, I would add it to your user profile on EVERY airline website you typically use. When you print your boarding pass you will see the pre-check indicator.

Yes but was not added to my existing reservation so I had to call.

Just note that every once in a while you'll get a boarding pass without the Precheck indicator, even if your info is entered on the airline's website. I know this only because it happened to me last year. The airline employee at the baggage check was able to get me a corrected boarding pass, but now I have my KTN number with me, just in case.

Unless there's a problem. Always double check the BP. If its not there, better to call the airline and get it fixed before arriving at the airport

Depending on the airline, this will not help with any tickets that have already been booked. Many of the airlines systems will pull in a KTN if present on the profile when booking but doesn't check again.
Pre check is also not guaranteed. It is possible to not get Pre on your boarding pass even if you've paid for it, or even worse, getting the "SSSS" on your boarding pass.

we have been meaning to apply for precheck for a while and have just not had the time. Finally went yesterday morning and was in and out. Thinking its cutting it close to our next trip in 20 days... but theres always the next trip in spring. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get the email with the number!

we have been meaning to apply for precheck for a while and have just not had the time. Finally went yesterday morning and was in and out. Thinking its cutting it close to our next trip in 20 days... but theres always the next trip in spring. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get the email with the number!
I believe you can check online for the number, which might be posted quicker.

I had an email telling me I could go get my KTN online just a few days after my interview. But I had to call Southweset to add it to my existing reservation as I noticed it was not on my boarding pass when I checked in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter