TS Dining Reviews - 1/12-1/14

Aurora63

<font color=0066CC>I do look ravishing, don't I?<b
We ate at Whispering Canyon for dinner, San Angel for Lunch, Crystal Palace for breakfast, and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. There were only two of us, me, and sister. (Adults with no kids.)Here's how it went:

WCC - I checked in about 15 minutes before our ADR, and got seated about 5 minutes later - this turned out to be a theme everywhere we went. Service here was very good, our waiter was Maverick and he was great. Food was pretty good overall as well...we got the Canyon skillet, and the standouts were the pulled pork and the cornbread...in fact, if you ate there the evening of 1/12 and observed a woman shoving cornbread down her throat, I sincerely apologize for the display. But it was awesome cornbread. For dessert, we had the chocolate cake, which had mousse icing...heavenly! Bottom line, good food, good service, timely seating, and a fun place...not for anyone looking for a quiet meal.

San Angel - This was a lunch - they are doing something to El Rio de Tiempo, so there was this big wall between the restaurant and the river, which was kinda a bummer. You could still see the top of the pyramid, but that was it. But the atmosphere was still very relaxing, felt like I was no longer in WDW. The seating, again, was very quick...this time we checked in fifteen minutes prior and were seated immediately. The service was not outstanding, but not bad...just seemed like it took an awful long time to get water. The food itself was a letdown. It was okay, but nothing special (I had the Mexican plate btw). The beef taco on the plate tasted funny, I did not like it at all...the rest of it was better, and I loved the guacamole. Bottom line - there are probably better places to eat!

CP breakfast - Great as usual! Tried the breakfast lasagna this time, it was delicious! The characters were fun, and service was good. Bottom Line - A fun character meal that I would do again.

LTT dinner - I did not realize going into this that it was a fixed menu, but that was okay. It's served family style, salad first, then the main course (turkey, ham, and some kind of beef) plus mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and green beans. All of the food was good...though once again I didn't care for the beef here. The rest was good. Service was good as well!The character interaction was really good! If you have kids who want to meet the characters, this is a great way to do it! We saw Chip, Dale, Goofy, Pluto, and Minnie while we ate. The dessert was apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream, yummy! Bottom line - Good food, great character interaction.

Hope these help!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Great review, shame about the wall at San Angel, we had a lovely lunch there last September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter